PDA

View Full Version : Computer Q. for Moderators or Tech savy Member

bosshoss
01-09-2014, 12:18 PM
Everytime I navigate through BWE and lets say I switch from one thread to another ,a window pops up from Windows , and asks me if I want to download Adobe flash player.I say no and go on. I switch threads and we go thru the same process again.. I already have it in my pc. Strange thing is it only does this when Im in this website.....

Anyone have any ideas ? Need some help...

Thanks..

Sdspeed
01-09-2014, 01:04 PM
Everytime I navigate through BWE and lets say I switch from one thread to another ,a window pops up from Windows , and asks me if I want to download Adobe flash player.I say no and go on. I switch threads and we go thru the same process again.. I already have it in my pc. Strange thing is it only does this when Im in this website.....

Anyone have any ideas ? Need some help...

Thanks..

The standards, reboot, check for current version of Flash and also beware that Flash was and still is a major carrier of malware. Disable flash as a base line.
Open BWE in another browser and see if it continues.

MrM
01-09-2014, 02:30 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/rksCTVFtjM4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

But really, do you have any weird toolbars installed?

Fiskadoro
01-09-2014, 02:56 PM
some help...

Sounds like Malware...

http://malwaretips.com/blogs/flash-player-update-is-required-to-view-this-content-virus/

brotherp
01-09-2014, 05:15 PM
Change your internet browser to firefox.

bosshoss
01-09-2014, 05:40 PM
Sounds like Malware...

http://malwaretips.com/blogs/flash-player-update-is-required-to-view-this-content-virus/

Thanks for the link ......

Lipripper92592
01-09-2014, 08:03 PM
Just had the same problem.....tracking cookie crap malware. Download malwarebytes for free, scan, view report, quarantine "sp" and then restart you computer..

Mongo Johnson
01-10-2014, 06:41 AM
I'll echo the earlier post noting Firefox does well for this Forum. I'm on an older XP and older IE doesn't always cut it.

If I do get prompted for a Flash install (or any) I run away, including hard powering down my machine if I get caught in some looping ad. Grrrr.

Often you can back-button out. When I do install Flash, I go to Adobe directly, never a third party and I don't click on any ads. Rather, if they're a legit vendor being referred to, I just go direct to their site.

I posted a web address the other day and the sales site put cookies into visitors' cache. Ever session I browse ends with running CC Cleaner utility my IT guys like--downloads.com has it. It wipes all temp files off the machine after a browse. Lotta megs of 'em. Seems to help blow out all sticky stuff. Bookmarks are left alone.

I stay away from all add-on tool bars and such and when installing new legit software, I watch out for "add this" software they pitch during the install. I've had ad-landen stuff added when I wasn't watching too close. Real PITA.

I've had decent luck with Malwarebytes and AVG. Have run Kaspersky well too. IT IS WELL WORTH RUNNING ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE, PAID SOFTWARE. Even some of these have gotten a little bloated but better than nuttin'.

jruiz
01-10-2014, 09:02 AM
I was getting boner pill pop up ads until I did a scan. How do I get them back?

GregAndrew
01-10-2014, 09:58 AM
I have had the same thing happening to me, but only on this site?

capntim
01-10-2014, 10:40 AM
Damn, me too! Something probably started by one of those anti-fishing nut jobs!!

bosshoss
01-10-2014, 04:25 PM

Same here Greg.. It only happens when Im in this site...Might try the malware link that was given earlier in this thread...That looks like 3 of us being affected or infected as the case may be so far..

Hymm, wonder if those running this site are aware of the problem...

WildernessWanker
01-11-2014, 09:46 AM

X3
I just went through my computer a couple months ago and installed some nice software to clean it up but in the last week or so I'm getting the pop-up message on this site only.

RockyRaab
01-12-2014, 06:56 AM
You guys with the problem haven't said what you're using. My bet is that you're using Internet Exploder as your browser and you aren't running good malware and anti-virus programs.

I'm on Win 7, Firefox 26.0 with AdBlocker Plus, and the free versions of Avast! and Malwarebytes. No problems. Anywhere. Anytime. Ever.

alanw
01-12-2014, 10:43 AM
I use Firefox and am running only Microsoft Security Essentials. No other anti-malware or anti-virus needed. I've been problem free for years.

bosshoss
01-12-2014, 11:18 AM
You guys with the problem haven't said what you're using. My bet is that you're using Internet Exploder as your browser and you aren't running good malware and anti-virus programs.

I'm on Win 7, Firefox 26.0 with AdBlocker Plus, and the free versions of Avast! and Malwarebytes. No problems. Anywhere. Anytime. Ever.

I am using Internet Explorer and have a Kapersky Anti Virus application loaded on pc....I have had zero problems until this problem...

Mongo Johnson
01-12-2014, 11:42 AM
Windows XP, AVG 2013, Windoze security essentials.

RockyRaab
01-12-2014, 01:05 PM
Internet Exploder seems to be the common thread (as suspected.)

Recently, there have been a lot of similar problems for people trying to internet on smart phones. Another problem-porous platform.