PDA

View Full Version : March 2014 GONZAGA BAY

makobob
01-14-2014, 09:20 AM
Baja or Bust is happy to announce another spring time trip to Las Encantadas, just 10 miles north of Gonzaga. Paved all the way except the last 1/2 mile. Almost any vechicle can make it. We will have use of neighbors bathroom, shower and other ammenities. Should be good trip, super easy beach launch and landings.

Gonzaga Trip ADDED for 2014!
March 20-24th, this is the second BIRTHDAY TRIP. Janine, fishtales, aka halibut hunter, will be celibrating her birthday in Gonzaga. Leaving morning of 20 March, should be another great trip, all are welcome to join us for this trip. Post here or pm Makobob, thanks.
Tight lines and bloody gaffs. Happy Birthday Janine.

Anglers are:
Janines.fishtales OUR MERMAID had to cancel, life got in the way. THIS TRIP IS STILL ON.
Makobob
Svendawg
Chuck D
Eod
??Bigbarrels??

Trip is open to all, enjoy Baja with us!!!

Makobob

rossman
01-14-2014, 09:27 AM
Where are you planning on staying

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

makobob
01-14-2014, 01:28 PM
Ross, we will probabally stay at campo beluga, but might stay near a house in construction that is for sale. Still in the planing stage. Ross do you have any suggestions? Thanks, we are trying to lease a place here.

Makobob

svendawg
01-14-2014, 06:26 PM
Put me on the list

makobob
01-14-2014, 07:33 PM
Put me on the list

AWESOME, Sven, welcome aboard! Looks like another great trip.

troutking
01-15-2014, 10:56 AM
makobob, if I can get Thursday, Friday and Monday off of work I'd be interested in joining.

makobob
01-15-2014, 10:59 AM
Let me know if you get the time off, I will put you on the list as a maybe. And it will be a great trip. In the process of finding a place for Fresh2Death and Baja or Bust to lease in Gonzaga. Might not need a palapa for this one.

makobob
01-26-2014, 01:27 PM
makobob, if I can get Thursday, Friday and Monday off of work I'd be interested in joining.

How are you coming with getting the time off?

This trip is less then 60 days from NOW. Take it off of your Bucket List, join Janine, Sven, Makobob and Troutking in Gonzaga for a good shot at nice fish.
Spring time, warm sun, orange mouth corvina, and maybe a C&R totuaba. Triggers, spotties, cabrilla, pargo, and who knows what else? Every one is welcome to join us on this trip, hope to see YOU!

Makobob

makobob
02-02-2014, 02:07 PM
It is looking like Robmoney and I will have a lease on a place in Las Encantadas just a about a 1/2 mile north of Punta Bufeo, which makes it about 25 minutes from Gonzaga or 12-15 miles. It is a beautiful beach with an easy launch. Located right in front of Isla San Luis. Between Punta Bufeo and Gonzaga is some very fine fishing. Usually left alone by the pangas of Gonzaga. the first night is our Mermaids birthday and she publically stated she might wear a form fitting outfit if we went to Alfonsina's for a cocktail. This area has great fishing, but the star gazing is absolutely fantastic, no major lights with in a hundred miles. All are welcome to join us for this trip.

Makabob

janines.fishtales@cox.net
02-02-2014, 06:42 PM
You are a flatterer! I am so looking forward to getting to Baja again!
Looks like we got a good group getting started here. Room for more!
J

619-SWIM-DOG
02-02-2014, 08:19 PM
If I get clearance from work then it's a go for me.

Hunter (The 80's Man)
02-03-2014, 07:56 AM
There was a comment on another post about J Fishtales dropping down orange mouth for bait and also using artificials down there. Are orange mouth the most common bait down there and what kind on artificials do you fish? Is bait an issue there, or is just like everywhere else depends on conditions?

buddha
02-03-2014, 08:40 AM
There was a comment on another post about J Fishtales dropping down orange mouth for bait and also using artificials down there. Are orange mouth the most common bait down there and what kind on artificials do you fish? Is bait an issue there, or is just like everywhere else depends on conditions?

I am going to use mainly megabaits and also bring some topwater like zara spooks. Iceman told me when he went there was a nice topwater cabrilla bite there.

I will be going on the April trip though.

rossman
02-03-2014, 09:01 AM
I have never had any real problems finding bait on the cortez side but using live bait including squid is a real pain because of the ubiquitous trigger fish. You cannot find any deapth where they are not, and they tend to take crescent shaped bites out of any live bait. After a few minutes the baits comes back looking like a piece of swiss cheese. The same thing happens with plastics. Hardbaits like irons megabaits shallow and deep running crank baits and top water baits are the ticket. Last two trips to Gonzaga I didn't even bother with my bait tank.

SDROB
02-03-2014, 03:02 PM
Just saw this link on BD. Do those Islands look familiar BOB?

http://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/threads/punta-bufeo-on-the-baja-pontoon.530104/

makobob
02-03-2014, 06:04 PM
Just saw this link on BD. Do those Islands look familiar BOB?

http://www.bdoutdoors.com/forums/threads/punta-bufeo-on-the-baja-pontoon.530104/

You KNOW it does, guys this is where we are trying to get a lease for a place for all of us to be able to stay. about 10 miles north of Gonzaga. Biggest problem is the divers can do real damage at some times of the year, the grouper can be thick, but only bite on the tide swings and for a short time. However they live on the reef and do not seem to be afraid of divers. That said the fishing and diving can be world class. 619-SWIM-DOG welcome aboard, I will add you to the angler list.
Hunter, NO small orange mouth Corvina were the go to bait for totuba, which are illegal to take or possess. Big grouper seem to like them too. But most fish ARE caught on Iron or top water plugs.

buddha
02-04-2014, 07:27 AM
I have never had any real problems finding bait on the cortez side but using live bait including squid is a real pain because of the ubiquitous trigger fish. You cannot find any deapth where they are not, and they tend to take crescent shaped bites out of any live bait. After a few minutes the baits comes back looking like a piece of swiss cheese. The same thing happens with plastics. Hardbaits like irons megabaits shallow and deep running crank baits and top water baits are the ticket. Last two trips to Gonzaga I didn't even bother with my bait tank.

Ross,

I sent you a few PMs and called you a few times. Did you receive any of those?

makobob
02-06-2014, 05:31 PM
Just got a pm from ChuckD asking the right kind of questions about this trip, so it is looking like we will have a nice group for Janine's birthday. Any one else interested? 45 days and counting!

Makobob

Chuck D
02-07-2014, 09:23 AM
March is looking pretty good, I think I am in!:reeling:

jorluivil
02-07-2014, 10:12 AM
I can't do this one, the old lady's bday is March 23rd

SDROB
02-07-2014, 10:25 AM
Anybody got any planes? We can fly right in:D

Lots of open areas to fish

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/M2Nv3YtyVSI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

svendawg
02-07-2014, 03:06 PM
Looking at the area on the video has got me more excited about the trip down there in March and April.
That area looks beautiful and the water looked very kayak friendly,

02-07-2014, 05:24 PM
Really glad to see you can make it. I know it will be fun and definately a first for me!

J

GregAndrew
02-08-2014, 02:54 AM
Another note about the fishing down there is keep your eyes out for lines of small floats, there are gill nets below. They can be hard to spot at times.

619-SWIM-DOG
02-08-2014, 07:56 PM
I have to cancel. My moms bday is on the 22nd. I found out last night we are having a surprise party.

VGB
02-09-2014, 12:00 AM
and Duddettes...that looks amazing!

makobob
02-10-2014, 12:13 PM
Yesterday, Sunday 9 Feb a lease WAS signed on a property in Campo Las Encantadas. Located at km 134, about 100 miles south of San Felipe. Just 10 miles north of Gonzaga Bay. The road is in excellent condition, going non stop from the border it is just under 6 hours from San Diego. The last 1/2 mile is off road but any vechile can do it. 4 wheel drive is needed to drive the beach. High tide we are 300 feet to the Sea of Cortez. If going to Gonzaga the last 8 km are off road as construction is still going on. Going down we went through Mexicali, we returned on a Sunday afternoon so we crossed at Tecate, just over 1 hour crossing time, so much better than the 2+ hours in Mexicali and 3+ in TJ.
We hope to have 1st floor enclosed by end of May. Before pictures to be posted this week.

For Mermaids trip we should have use of the house next door for support, bathroom, and shower, and if needed cooking, and sleeping.

Makobob

SDROB
02-10-2014, 12:44 PM
Here's the view directly from the front. Launch in minutes:D

walrus
02-10-2014, 01:42 PM
Paradise!!

makobob
02-10-2014, 06:07 PM
Wally, thank you for your generous donation of 2x4's. They will help jump start the project. We should be well along when you come down in April. Thank you, thank you again.

Makobob

02-12-2014, 09:45 AM
Boys, it is with great regret that I let you know, I can't do march with you. Life has gotten the way. Fortunately though it is in a good way. So have fun and I do plan on a Baja trip sometime this summer.

Janine

makobob
02-12-2014, 10:00 AM
Boys, it is with great regret that I let you know, I can't do march with you. Life has gotten the way. Fortunately though it is in a good way. So have fun and I do plan on a Baja trip sometime this summer.

Janine

MERMAID, you just broke a bunch of hearts! We will miss you on this trip, but we will catch you on another one. Have a Happy Birthday.

Guys this trip is still on, we could go earlier or stay later, just let me know. I know I might stay a few days longer and do some work on the project. Hope to see you all there. I will pm you all this week.

Makobob

walrus
02-12-2014, 05:09 PM
http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwegallery/data/677/Las_Encantadas.png

Las Encantadas and Punta Bufero

makobob
02-14-2014, 07:20 AM
Wally, thanks again for the picture. Headed back down this weekend with building supplies. 1st trip of many to get materials down there. Move a little sand, general clean up, the start of the project. PARADISE FOUND, Hope to host some of you down here soon.

makobob
02-23-2014, 05:59 PM
Wally, thanks again for the picture. Headed back down this weekend with building supplies. 1st trip of many to get materials down there. Move a little sand, general clean up, the start of the project. PARADISE FOUND, Hope to host some of you down here soon.

On 8-9th of March 8 people are going down to Las Encantadas for a construction weekend, we hope to frame two of the four walls and maybe frame the bathroom and move more wind blown sand from the back of our place to the beach. Definately a working weekend. All the siding and 100 2"x4"s will be going down with us, so we should be able to get this accomplished.

The 20-24th of March will be a FISHING TRIP, Svendawg, Chuck D, Battleborn, and Makobob are going, ANYONE else interested in this trip, we need you to step up now so we can get our meals planned. Thanks guys.

bigbarrels
02-23-2014, 07:04 PM
Hi Bob,

This trip still open for others?

I'm heading down on a surf trip MArch 21st -27th to the Seven Sisters area (400 miles south on the Pacific Side). This is a swell dependent trip and if no surf going to convert it into a kayak fishing trip. Want to head down to Baja whether there is swell or not. I would just be arriving a day later if there is space for others? I have never fished that section of the Cortez but have fished a lot of areas south of Mulege.

Tom

makobob
02-23-2014, 08:21 PM
Hi Bob,

This trip still open for others?

I'm heading down on a surf trip MArch 21st -27th to the Seven Sisters area (400 miles south on the Pacific Side). This is a swell dependent trip and if no surf going to convert it into a kayak fishing trip. Want to head down to Baja whether there is swell or not. I would just be arriving a day later if there is space for others? I have never fished that section of the Cortez but have fished a lot of areas south of Mulege.

Tom

Yes this trip is open, just need to know you are coming down, and when to expect you. We will have meals planned but can always add your supplies to ours and make it work. We have 4 nights so maybe steaks, shrimp, fish and cheese burgers in paradise for the last night. Lunch meat/cheese for lunches, eggs, omlets, pancakes with bacon, sausage for breakfasts. pretty easy.

bigbarrels
02-23-2014, 10:30 PM
Great, thank you! Plan according to your group and I will know the week of if I will be surfing or kayak fishing (have to check swell). I will bring all of my own food, water, etc. I would be pulling in on the 21st and staying down that way until the 27th. Would love to meet up but I unfortunately would only be able to go to Gonzaga if no surf on the Pacific side...couple of the guys only surf and that trip drops if no swell but I still want to go to Baja regardless......likely just me and one other guy in that case......thank you and I will know around the 15th of MArch.....

Tom

makobob
02-25-2014, 07:16 PM
Great, thank you! Plan according to your group and I will know the week of if I will be surfing or kayak fishing (have to check swell). I will bring all of my own food, water, etc. I would be pulling in on the 21st and staying down that way until the 27th. Would love to meet up but I unfortunately would only be able to go to Gonzaga if no surf on the Pacific side...couple of the guys only surf and that trip drops if no swell but I still want to go to Baja regardless......likely just me and one other guy in that case......thank you and I will know around the 15th of MArch.....

Tom

Tom, I put you on as a possible for this trip, hoping to hear from you around the 15th. Battleborn just had life get in the way, so he will not be joining us for this trip. As of 25th of Feb the anglers are Chuck D, Svendawg, Bigbarrels and friend and myself, looks like we are going to have 10 miles of reef to ourselves. BTW the road is now open ALL THE WAY to Gonzaga bay. I have room in my truck for one angler with kayak and gear, There is even room for your PA 14 if you have one. First one to respond gets this seat.

alanw
02-25-2014, 07:45 PM
looks like we are going to have 10 miles of reef to ourselves.

Just wondering, is it legal to fish the reefs there? Walrus posted some regs last week that say something about reefs prohibited. http://bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=20950

makobob
02-25-2014, 07:57 PM
Just wondering, is it legal to fish the reefs there? Walrus posted some regs last week that say something about reefs prohibited. http://bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=20950

These are not coral reefs, only rocky rubble and beach rock, no problem. Alan most areas around Gonzaga are like this, they are what everyone fishes down here.

makobob
03-02-2014, 02:11 PM
Received e mail from a brand new BWE member, Eod, aka Steve. Welcome to BWE Steve. Steve is from Idaho and will be traveling to San Diego to join us on our March trip to Las Encantadas. Trip departs San Diego on the 20th of March at 5:30 am.

svendawg
03-02-2014, 03:57 PM
Received e mail from a brand new BWE member, Eod, aka Steve. Welcome to BWE Steve. Steve is from Idaho and will be traveling to San Diego to join us on our March trip to Las Encantadas. Trip departs San Diego on the 20th of March at 5:30 am.

Welcome aboard Eod (Steve) looking forward to meeting and fishing with you on this trip

Chuck D
03-02-2014, 04:14 PM
X2! counting the days:reel:

Welcome aboard Eod (Steve) looking forward to meeting and fishing with you on this trip

makobob
03-03-2014, 01:34 PM
This trip is just over two weeks away. As of 3-3-14 the anglers for this trip are:

Svendawg
Chuck D
Eod
Makobob
???Bigbarrels???

Steve aka Eod will be driving in from Idaho to join us, he is a BRAND NEW BWE member, he has not even made his 1st post yet. So Steve tell us about your kayak and your salt water experience. If you are fishing the sportboats in San Diego your tackle should be fine for Baja. See you soon.

eod
03-12-2014, 01:30 AM
I'll be using my Hobie Pro Angler to fish from. This will be the first time saltwater fishing from a kayak. I typically use it to for trout fishing in creeks near my house. I grew up in Poway in the 70's so I'm familiar with saltwater fishing. I also do an annual Tony Reyes trip every June so I believe that I have the basic tackle however I am always open, and would like, any suggestions or pertinent information you think I might need.
What is typically used, bait, spinners, jigs, plastics? how deep? any info would help
Thanks

makobob
03-12-2014, 01:13 PM
I'll be using my Hobie Pro Angler to fish from. This will be the first time saltwater fishing from a kayak. I typically use it to for trout fishing in creeks near my house. I grew up in Poway in the 70's so I'm familiar with saltwater fishing. I also do an annual Tony Reyes trip every June so I believe that I have the basic tackle however I am always open, and would like, any suggestions or pertinent information you think I might need.
What is typically used, bait, spinners, jigs, plastics? how deep? any info would help
Thanks

WOW your first post on BWE, Krokodiles, Spoons, 4-5" rapalas or rebels or other top water plug, 2-4 0z megabaits. Plastics work but the trigger fish can ruin most on the first cast. I will try Z-man plastics on this trip to see if they last longer. Fishing can be shallow from the beach to over 100' deep. Steve I will see you next week.

svendawg
03-12-2014, 02:07 PM

Eod,

Read the quote above. It was posted by Rossman on page one of this post. You may have missed. It has the information you asked about and explains the bait situation pretty well. Rossman fishes this area often so he knows his s--t.

walrus
03-18-2014, 09:43 AM
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:AllowPNG/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings> </xml><![endif]--> What to expect the first time:

Friday – March 14, 2014 We crossed the border without incident, were briefly checked at military checkpoints by friendly soldiers and made it to Las Encantadas by 1:00pm. It took seven hours, but, we might have gotten there a little earlier but Sven was pulling a trailer containing a Polaris 4X4 and a dump trailer designed for the Polaris by Sven. We were concerned about how the trailer would handle the vados, so we slowed down a bit. The area that concerned us was the “dips” or vados on the older highway between San Felipe and Puertecitos. It is not a problem if you just slow down a bit, you don’t want to launch a fully loaded vehicle, the distance of the dips will have you landing hard against the far side of the dip. The speed limit posted there is a little too high here for depth and length of the dips, just back off on approach and it will be fine. Not all dips are signed either so you must use your eyes to determine when to slow.

If you cross into Mexico at Caliexco, you’re on Mex 5, so just follow the signs thru Mexicali and San Felipe. A white sign on the left side of the highway “Las Encantadas” is about 100 yards before you turn left toward the sea. The dirt track to camp has a green sign with white letters that say “Campo Turistico La Poma”.

It’s an easy drive with little traffic after San Felipe. There was only a handful of vehicles on the highway Friday. On the dirt track g keep going toward the sea, when you arrive at the beach turn left.

CAUTION, stay on the heavily worn tracks of vehicles, the sand on this beach is sugar fine and you’ll dig your tires in fast. If you stay on the track a two wheel drive vehicle is O.K. And a word to 4X4 owners, if you don’t have high floatation tires that are aired down, stay on the tracks too.

Check the pictures to see what it looks like and you’ll find camp quickly after getting on the beach track, it’s before the two story place (about the third house you past after turning on the beach).

Weather was 72-74 degrees daytime, 64-67 degrees nights. Friday and the first half of Saturday there was little breeze the sea was glassy flat without even a swell as far out as the island. Saturday and Sunday morning there was a breeze no harder than what is found on San Diego Bay on a typical day. The breeze made the sea choppy and created ankle slapper waves along the shore line. The breezy conditions are not enough to keep you off the water but, you work harder.

The difference between high tide and low tide was about 15 feet in depth. Be sure to keep you kayak beached above the high tide line.

Have Fun I’m Sure You’ll love it.

(I'll post this also on the "Baja of Bust" group area to make it easier to find in the future).

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:EnableOpenTypeKerning/> <w:DontFlipMirrorIndents/> <w:OverrideTableStyleHps/> </w:Compatibility> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;} </style> <![endif]-->

makobob
03-18-2014, 10:27 AM
In San Felipe you will take a right from the main drag toward the airport, a few miles down you will take a left toward Puertecitos and the turn off to our beach is at km 134, less than two hours south of San Felipe and 10 miles north of Gonzaga, roads are good all the way past Gonzaga. Have a good trip!

makobob
03-18-2014, 11:23 AM
BAJA EXPRESS leaves the station in two days, Leaving from JOHNNY'S SHELL station at 515 N. Magnolia ave in El Cajon 92020 at 6:00 am, Thursday the 20th of March. Arriving at Las Encantadas a little afternoon, bring your lunch with you as we will be stopping for fuel in San Filipe, BTW there is NO shade between the border and our place. See you soon.

Chuck D
03-18-2014, 11:54 AM
Oh YEAHHHHHHHHH!!!! Fishing paradise here we come?

619-SWIM-DOG
03-18-2014, 12:19 PM
Best of Luck down there this week...Tight Lines