PDA

View Full Version : Bait Barge Update

619-SWIM-DOG
01-31-2014, 07:02 AM
So the SD bait barge will start moving as soon as March 2, 2014. It will sit approx 400 meters off the south section of Harbor Island.
Happy :reeling:

walrus
01-31-2014, 07:07 AM
Thanks for the update.

Jimmyz123
01-31-2014, 08:15 AM
So the SD bait barge will start moving as soon as March 2, 2014. It will sit approx 400 meters off the south section of Harbor Island.
Happy :reeling:

I kind of like this move, but liked that from where it use to be I could paddle back down hitting the spots I like. Do we know if this is going to stay forever or will it move back after the work gets done. The good thing about it is people will be able to fish the area where the barge is moving to. No military restrictions anymore.

janines.fishtales@cox.net
01-31-2014, 12:51 PM
Jimmy, I spoke to one of the young men that works at the bait barge a couple of weeks ago. He told me he thought it would start its move in February but apparently they moved it back to March. Any how, he told me it would be moving back and forth. So I guess from now on, before you go fishing, I would log on to Everingham Bros and see where it's at. Any one else know?

Janine :grouphug:

Jimmyz123
01-31-2014, 01:30 PM
Jimmy, I spoke to one of the young men that works at the bait barge a couple of weeks ago. He told me he thought it would start its move in February but apparently they moved it back to March. Any how, he told me it would be moving back and forth. So I guess from now on, before you go fishing, I would log on to Everingham Bros and see where it's at. Any one else know?

Janine :grouphug:

I figure if you're launching from Shelter Island you can look to the left or the right and where ever you see it, that's where you are paddling to. :)

01-31-2014, 01:33 PM
My name is Janine and I have a problem. I confess. I am addicted to live bait....

J

makobob
01-31-2014, 03:59 PM
My name is Janine and I have a problem. I confess. I am addicted to live bait....

J

Janine, I promise to try and change that in Baja!!!!! Well maybe not, when is the last time you dropped a 2-3 lb orange mouth corvina to the bottom as bait??? Hold on tight. Your birthday trip is coming. Hey guys who wants to fish with Janine in Baja for her Birthday? Just join the Baja or Bust trip 20-24th of March. We should be staying at Punta Bufeo and Gonzaga. All are welcome.

Makobob

02-01-2014, 07:23 AM
Willing to give it a shot Bob. While I love fishing live bait, something about catching a good fish on an artificial...

J

Jimmyz123
02-02-2014, 07:28 AM

J

You don't have a problem, you like to catch fish. I had someone give me a hard time about catching my first 5lb LMB on a live shiner. Then I switch to fishing plastics for 5 years, got the skills learned, but now will use live bait when the application presents itself. Fishing Halibut, I go live bait, fishing rock fish, I go live bait, fishing WSB or Yellowtail, again live bait.

You're O.K. feed your live bait addiction.

Jimmyz123
02-02-2014, 07:32 AM
Willing to give it a shot Bob. While I love fishing live bait, something about catching a good fish on an artificial...

J

I think fishing plastics and jigs is a must for every fisherperson. Learning how to use them effectively really is fun, and rewarding. Just remember, the larger the bait, the larger the catch. Hey Janine, on March 1 I'm planning on doing the Rock Cod Derby and paddling out through the mission bay jetty. Are you down?

02-02-2014, 12:20 PM
Lets go!

J:luxhello: