PDA

View Full Version : Forward 3rd World

wade
02-03-2014, 12:19 AM
Sad to report that the lead singer from Third World passed away today..
Condolences out to his family & friends..
Bunny Rugs RIP February 6, 1948 - February 2, 2014.
Here is a Big Waters Edge spotlight I recorded a few years back with him..

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/q3QHUA08esI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Excerpt Cited From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bunny_Rugs
William "Bunny Rugs" Clarke (born 6 February 1948), also known as Bunny Scott, is the lead singer of Jamaican reggae band Third World as well as recording as a solo artist. He began his career in the mid-1960s and has also been a member of Inner Circle and the duo Bunny & Ricky. Born in Mandeville and raised on John's Lane in Kingston, Clarke's father was an Anglican preacher.[1] He joined Charlie Hackett and the Souvenirs, the resident band at the Kitty Club on Maxfield Avenue, in the mid-1960s before leading the early lineup of Inner Circle in 1969. A spell living in New York City followed from 1971 where he was a member of the dance band Hugh Hendricks and the Buccaneers, and later the Bluegrass Experience with Glen Adams, Eric Frater, and Sparrow Martin.[1][2] He returned to Jamaica in 1974 and recorded with Lee "Scratch" Perry at the Black Ark, initially as a backing singer, then with Leslie Kong's nephew Ricky Grant as the duo Bunny & Ricky, releasing singles such as "Freedom Fighter" and "Bushweed Corntrash", and also recording the solo album To Love Somebody (1975, credited as Bunny Scott).[1] He was also a member of The Wild Bunch before returning to New York and taking over as lead singer of Third World from Milton "Prilly" Hamilton in 1976.[2] With Third World he recorded the successful 96° in the Shade album, and he has been with the band ever since.[2] He returned to the Black Ark in 1977, contributing backing vocals (with Earl 16) to Yabby You's "Chant Down Babylon Kingdom".[1]

Dannowar
02-03-2014, 12:30 AM
Man, bush weed contrash is one of my favorites. So eerie. Probably saw some awesome lee perry antics in his day.

Rip

blitzburgh
02-03-2014, 07:36 AM
Sad. They bring me lots of joy with there music. One of my 4yo boy's favorite songs is "Try Jah Love". We sing it together in the car all the time. We'll have to do it today in his honor.

Yak Loins
02-03-2014, 12:28 PM
10000 soldiers on parade
The ark is a sacred spot.
I'm blasting 3rd world ALL DAY