PDA

View Full Version : Tackle swap meet, thanks Fishaholic

MrPatrick
02-08-2014, 04:29 PM
I went to the tackle swap meet in Cardiff today. What a neat experience. There were people with tackle from as far back as the 1840s! The variety of gear, both new and old, made it like an anglers candy store. I'm sorry but I didn't take pictures to share.

John-Fishaholic, it was great meeting you and getting to look at all the excellent items that you brought. If you guys need gear, contact John, he had very fair prices and all his reels were in excellent shape with all types and sizes.

Thanks again John for your generous donation to the Rockfish Derby. I'll see that it gets to Neil.

I also received a donation of light tackle mostly freshwater rods from John H. Elder of Classic Tackle. These will be great for anglers that fish the fresh stuff also. John had some amazing vintage lures for sale. If you collect or are looking to make a shadow box frame to decorate the house contact Mr. Elder, his email is drbaits@aol.com.

I'm definitely going to next swap meet if I can, the history on display and the knowledge given by the vendors was like being at a museum.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk