PDA

View Full Version : PROJECT LAS ENCANTADAS

makobob
02-10-2014, 02:38 PM
Project Las Encantadas is for Rob and Bob and our familys, of which BWE tops the list. In other words YOU. If you are not a member, just sign up, it is FREE to be a member of OUR community.
Ladies and gentlemen, for more information on Las Encantadas please go to the community section here on BWE, then Social groups, then Baja or Bust, and check out Project Las Encantadas. Thank you ALL for being a member of OUR community, tight lines and bloody gaffs.

Makobob

makobob
02-11-2014, 07:29 AM
THANK YOU WALRUS Wally has donated 100 new 8' 2x4's from Home Depot to Project Las Encantadas. What a jump start, we figured we would have to use recycled lumber. Wally, thank you again.

Makobob

makobob
02-12-2014, 01:46 PM
Thank you Sven
Sven has donated some of his time, along with a toilet and two bathroom sinks.
And he is fishing with us in March AND April. Thank you Sven.

Makobob

dorado50
02-12-2014, 01:58 PM
Looks like a great place to set up camp!. Can't beat the Sea of Cortez for tranquility, that's for sure. Your fortunate to have the infrastructure already in place that far removed. Be sure to treat wood with diesel fuel or any other means to ward off termites!. Punta Final looks like a great place to fish also......

walrus
02-12-2014, 03:12 PM
http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwegallery/data/677/Las_Encantadas.png

makobob
02-12-2014, 03:40 PM
NICE picture Wally!!!!! Looking at the closest group of houses you can see a two story house on the far end, we are on the otherside of it. If you look closely you can see some of the reefs in the lower center. The far point is Punta Bufeo, and there is one solid reef that extends south all the way to Gonzaga Bay almost 10 miles away.
This is a Fisherman's PARADISE

Makobob

makobob
02-13-2014, 09:55 AM
Thank you BRANDON
Brandon just donated 25 sheets of siding to OUR new camp at Las Encantadas. WOW guy's this is moving so fast, thank you all.

Makobob

old_rookie
02-13-2014, 10:24 AM
NICE picture Wally!!!!! Looking at the closest group of houses you can see a two story house on the far end, we are on the otherside of it. If you look closely you can see some of the reefs in the lower center. The far point is Punta Bufeo, and there is one solid reef that extends south all the way to Gonzaga Bay almost 10 miles away.
This is a Fisherman's PARADISE

Makobob
and a kayaker's launch spot paradise!!

SDROB
02-13-2014, 11:14 AM
[QUOTE=makobob;182158]Thank you BRANDON
Brandon just donated 25 sheets of siding to OUR new camp at Las Encantadas. WOW guy's this is moving so fast, thank you all.

Wow Brandon and Walley I have yet to meet you guys but thank you for your generosity! Im guessing we will all be staying and fishing at Las Encantadas soon. We have some good times coming!

makobob
02-14-2014, 07:34 AM
Rob and Bob are headed back to Las Encantadas this weekend to take down the plywood siding that was donated by Brandon yesterday, Thank you Brandon. This weekend we will just do general cleanup, and sand removal. We would like to thank everybody who helped with building supplies, your generous donations got us started much sooner than we expected. Thanks to you BWE members will have a place in PARADISE this SUMMER!!!Tight lines and bloody gaffs.

So Rob and Bob, moved sand, cleaned out a couple years of trash, trimmed palms, tore down a useless shower stall, and wire brushed part of the overhead. It already looks better, small steps. Met a few more neighbors, got most of the siding that Brandon donated stacked and ready. Going back on the 8-9th of March with 100 2x4's donated by Wally, might get a wall framed. Weekend Warriors, such fun. Hope you all get a chance to visit us over the summer. REMEMBER, if you can DREAM it, with a little patience YOU can make it REAL.

Makobob

makobob
02-18-2014, 10:31 AM
Rob and Bob are headed back to Las Encantadas this weekend to take down the plywood siding that was donated by Brandon yesterday, Thank you Brandon. This weekend we will just do general cleanup, and sand removal. We would like to thank everybody who helped with building supplies, your generous donations got us started much sooner than we expected. Thanks to you BWE members will have a place in PARADISE this SUMMER!!!Tight lines and bloody gaffs.

So Rob and Bob, moved sand, cleaned out a couple years of trash, trimmed palms, tore down a useless shower stall, and wire brushed part of the overhead. It already looks better, small steps. Met a few more neighbors, got most of the siding that Brandon donated stacked and ready. Going back on the 8-9th of March with 100 2x4's donated by Wally, might get a wall framed. Weekend Warriors, such fun. Hope you all get a chance to visit us over the summer. REMEMBER, if you can DREAM it, with a little patience YOU can make it REAL.

Makobob

On 8-9 March, Rob, Bob, Ron and Sven will be heading down to Las Encantadas, to do a little more work. Anyone wanting to fish or help out are welcome to join us there. You do not have to leave when we do, you can stay and enjoy PARADISE. Post or pm. Work hard, play hard, FISH HARDER! Looks like Wally will also be joining us, we should get some building done on this one. Thank you guys.

Makobob

walrus
02-20-2014, 05:15 PM
The Navtronics charts show the Las Encantadas area loaded with fish holding structure. 100 feet deep walls, narrow shallow passages for north and south migration, several sea mounds, and rocks and reefs along the shoreline. see chart example below.

http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/[img]http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwegallery/data/677/Marine_-Bufero_Notch.pnghttp://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwegallery/data/677/Marine_-Bufero_Notch.png

Old Man in the Sea
02-20-2014, 07:19 PM
Hi Bob,
I have a couch on craigslist but if you want it for you project I will donate it free...you would need to pick it up this weekend if possible...or before some else gets it...let me know...

makobob
02-20-2014, 07:28 PM
Hi Bob,
I have a couch on craigslist but if you want it for you project I will donate it free...you would need to pick it up this weekend if possible...or before some else gets it...let me know...

We would be thrilled to have it, pm sent. BTW that was the color of both our sun rise and sunset last weekend, colors are so much brighter in Baja. Thank you.

Bob

Old Man in the Sea
02-20-2014, 07:34 PM
done deal - it is yours - see you Tuesday...I just deleted it from Craigslist...:kayak-surfer:
BTW that couch is a darker red that pic was auto enhanced...

makobob
02-25-2014, 04:29 PM
done deal - it is yours - see you Tuesday...I just deleted it from Craigslist...:kayak-surfer:
BTW that couch is a darker red that pic was auto enhanced...

Randy, it was a pleasure getting to meet you today, Hope you get a chance to fish with us soon, maybe in Baja. The couch is awesome, and I enjoyed your humor with the COLOR.
Thank you for the couch and for being a POSITIVE contributing member of BWE.:you_rock::you_rock:

The couch is actually Southwestern in design, in tans, browns, and lt blue. Nice for blending in with the desert. The cover was Burnt rust/brown color enhanced to FLAMING RED!!!

On the 7-8-9th of March, 8 family and BWE members will head down to Las Encantadas. Sven is bringing his trailer and quad and we will use them to remove the wind blown sand from the sides of the property back to the beach in front where it belongs. We will have a framer with us so we hope to get lot's accomplished, will post updated pictures around the 10th. Wish us luck. Work hard, play hard, and FISH HARDER.

ful-rac
02-26-2014, 08:44 AM
MakoBob I got some tables if your interested.

Coffee table and a kitchen/dinner table.

Let me know if you want them for project "encantadas" Happy to donate them to the cause.

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u217/pksbshp/F32677B8-7C34-418A-8309-8997D35A8AD1_zpsegapzdkp.jpg (http://s169.photobucket.com/user/pksbshp/media/F32677B8-7C34-418A-8309-8997D35A8AD1_zpsegapzdkp.jpg.html)

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u217/pksbshp/DE43EB73-0A85-47B2-B0C5-72A5E5EC15F4_zpsdogb2dgn.jpg (http://s169.photobucket.com/user/pksbshp/media/DE43EB73-0A85-47B2-B0C5-72A5E5EC15F4_zpsdogb2dgn.jpg.html)

makobob
02-26-2014, 09:55 AM
Thank you, YES. They will work nicely down there. We will put them to good use. Appreciate your generosity, thanks.

SDROB
02-27-2014, 08:19 AM
[QUOTE=ful-rac I got some tables if your interested.

Coffee table and a kitchen/dinner table. Let me know if you want them for project "encantadas" Happy to donate them to the cause.)

Sweet! I can see Bob already organizing all his tackle on the table for a looong day of fishing!

Thanks Ful-Rac! :you_rock:

buddha
02-28-2014, 10:22 AM
I have an old weber gas grill that you can have that I am not using. All it needs is propane.

makobob
02-28-2014, 01:20 PM
I have an old weber gas grill that you can have that I am not using. All it needs is propane.

Jeff, that sounds good as we are going to have two cooking areas there. One kitchen inside and another kitchen outside. So If Rob or I are not there you guys will always have a place to cook or BBQ. Same with the bathrooms one inside and one outside, same idea. Thank you Jeff for your donation. BTW just picked up 1000 feet of wire and boxes donated by Raskal311, THANK YOU Kevin!!! People this is really starting to come together. Thank you ALL.

Raskal311
02-28-2014, 02:21 PM
Jeff, that sounds good as we are going to have two cooking areas there. One kitchen inside and another kitchen outside. So If Rob or I are not there you guys will always have a place to cook or BBQ. Same with the bathrooms one inside and one outside, same idea. Thank you Jeff for your donation. BTW just picked up 1000 feet of wire and boxes donated by Raskal311, THANK YOU Kevin!!! People this is really starting to come together. Thank you ALL.

It may be 50 feet shy of 1000 :) I'm glad it's going to a good cause.

MrPatrick
03-01-2014, 01:15 PM
I'm not sure what your power situation will be like down there. If you have the occasional blackout I can offer you some of these emergency lights.
They have two six volt batteries in them tp power the light when the power goes out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

makobob
03-01-2014, 01:26 PM
Patrick, we will have a 3500/4000W gas generator to start with and later I will try to put together a 12V solar system, so your lights would be GREAT. Thank you very much as now there will always BE LIGHT. BWE you ALL:you_rock: :you_rock: Thank you all.