PDA

View Full Version : Help Bert Vega!

buddha
02-11-2014, 12:56 PM
Bert is a new kayaker and sadly he lost his mirage drive last week.

He is grounded he told me until his significant other lets him get back on the water. That is ridiculous and not masculine if you ask me!

I say let's help him get back on the water and get him a new mirage drive.

I will chip in 20 bucks to start until we find enough people to get him a new drive.

Who else is in?

svendawg
02-11-2014, 01:37 PM
Where did he lose it. Is it a place where you can free dive to look for it.

buddha
02-11-2014, 01:46 PM
Where did he lose it. Is it a place where you can free dive to look for it.

here is the link to where he lost it.

http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=20851

Lipripper92592
02-11-2014, 02:14 PM
Bert is a new kayaker and sadly he lost his mirage drive last week.

He is grounded he told me until his significant other lets him get back on the water. That is ridiculous and not masculine if you ask me!

I say let's help him get back on the water and get him a new mirage drive.

I will chip in 20 bucks to start until we find enough people to get him a new drive.

Who else is in?

I'll chip in $30 as I feel it is partly my fault for not providing enough instruction on how to properly land. Keeping my eye out on CL and other sites for something decently prices. Almost had the wipe out on film, camera was turned up too high of an angle to properly catch it.

dorado50
02-11-2014, 02:22 PM
Has he tried to get a second job?. That's what I had to do when I needed or wanted something. Maybe someone will buy it for him, its worth a try.

jruiz
02-11-2014, 02:35 PM
Sounds like an expensive lesson.

Bert Vega
02-11-2014, 02:51 PM
Wow guys I really dont know what to say. Thank you for this. I appreciate it allot. It really shows how tight a group of people are on this forum. With that said I can not accept anyone chipping in for a new drive. I have money to buy another. I am just on hold for a week or so. I just spent about 6k in just over a months time getting into this hobby. And the warden is a little heated that I am going to spend another 600 for a drive on top of the other things I plan on getting and doing. This is just a minor setback. I do not need a second job. But do agree with if you need something work harder to get it.

Again THANK YOU JEFF & CHRIS for this. Its to super awesome of you both.

boxturtle
02-11-2014, 02:56 PM
they usually go for 300 on craigs

Dannowar
02-11-2014, 03:29 PM
great idea! how about i pitch in 20 bucks then after he has his mirage drive, i step up in the conga line until i have a new avet jx!

Lipripper92592
02-11-2014, 03:32 PM
There is a V1 version up for bid on Ebay going price is $55 right now...two days to go, $17 shipping from Fl

Lipripper92592
02-11-2014, 03:33 PM
great idea! how about i pitch in 20 bucks then after he has his mirage drive, i step up in the conga line until i have a new avet jx!

Regular or Raptor?????

salty pirate
02-11-2014, 03:39 PM
Sorry to hear about the drive Bert, at least it happened on the way in instead of first thing.
If you don't get one by the weekend you can barrow the one off my outback.

jorluivil
02-11-2014, 04:04 PM
I WANT A PA!!!!

Bert Vega
02-11-2014, 04:09 PM
Sorry to hear about the drive Bert, at least it happened on the way in instead of first thing.
If you don't get one by the weekend you can barrow the one off my outback.

Thanks Eli!

alanw
02-11-2014, 05:09 PM
If you guys want to chip in and get me a PA, I'll give Bert the drive!

COLDCUT
02-11-2014, 05:10 PM
So sorry to hear about your mishap Bert. This sounds like something that would happen to me. In fact, I fully expect to lose the new fish finder I just installed. You can bet that after hearing your story I will be extra vigilant on my next outing. Please let me know if you could use any help finding your lost drive. I have about a week left of vacation and would be more than willing to help you go down and take a look.

Bert Vega
02-18-2014, 07:20 PM
New drive has been ordered. Will be in my hands on Friday. I fishing this weekend. Wanted to say thanks again to those who wanted to help. It was a really nice gesture.

buddha
02-18-2014, 08:22 PM
New drive has been ordered. Will be in my hands on Friday. I fishing this weekend. Wanted to say thanks again to those who wanted to help. It was a really nice gesture.

So I guess Hobie didn't do anything for you?

Bert Vega
02-18-2014, 09:08 PM
So I guess Hobie didn't do anything for you?

That still remains to be seen. The shop is still working with hobie. The hobie person they are wanting to talk too is out of town. At least that is what they are telling me. I ran out patience and ordered it today. Honestly I am not expecting anything from hobie. Nomad is already giving me a discount. As long as I can get back out fishing. Without the warden being to upset I don't care one way or the other.

Bert Vega
02-21-2014, 02:33 PM
Just hung up the phone with Nomad Adventures. Who had just hung up with Hobie. My drive is waiting on me to pickup. And the big news is Hobie has agreed to give me 50% off. I am very thankful to both Nomad and Hobie for helping me out with this. Way above and beyond what I was expecting. I am picking up my drive tonight. Can't wait to go fish this weekend!!!!!

Lipripper92592
02-21-2014, 03:21 PM
Just hung up the phone with Nomad Adventures. Who had just hung up with Hobie. My drive is waiting on me to pickup. And the big news is Hobie has agreed to give me 50% off. I am very thankful to both Nomad and Hobie for helping me out with this. Way above and beyond what I was expecting. I am picking up my drive tonight. Can't wait to go fish this weekend!!!!!

That ought to keep the warden somewhat happy!!! Now go do some :reel:

salty pirate
02-21-2014, 03:34 PM
Wow half off! That takes the sting out a bit.

Bert Vega
02-21-2014, 04:07 PM
I so stoked. On my way to grab it now. Lets go fishing this weekend.

salty pirate
02-21-2014, 04:09 PM
I can go sunday

Bert Vega
02-21-2014, 04:10 PM
I can go sunday

Lets go homeboy.