PDA

View Full Version : New to So Cal and yak fishing!

Quban
02-11-2014, 07:28 PM
Hello everyone. I'm new to the so cal area (originally from Miami) and new to yak fishing. I bought myself a hobie pro angler 2014 12' and looking for like minded fishing friends lol. As corney as that may sound. I don't really know anyone here but a few limited people. So let me know if anyone wouldn't mind hanging out with the new guy haha

Or if anyone has any tips or suggestions let me know

buddha
02-11-2014, 07:33 PM
What area do you plan on fishing?

I will be in Chula Vista this Sunday.

Cadillyak
02-11-2014, 07:40 PM
If you are in SD or near, I'm getting out on Sunday.

jorluivil
02-11-2014, 08:11 PM
A Mexican, a white guy, a Korean, a Chinese and a quban go fishing............That's going to be a great joke someday

What city are you in?

Quban
02-12-2014, 05:24 AM
Lol already sounds like the start of a great joke! I'm in Redondo beach/Lawndale area I've only had the PA on the water twice out of Cabrillo beach. But I'm willing to go try different places.

StinkyMatt
02-12-2014, 06:56 AM
Dude,

You can replace Roby or Eric......

They both quit fishing!

Welcome to the mad house....you will have fun.

ful-rac
02-12-2014, 07:03 AM
Dude,

You can replace Roby or Eric......

They both quit fishing!

Welcome to the mad house....you will have fun.

He has to submit his application first! Don't you remember you are the secretary of new admissions...?

:rolleyes:

jorluivil
02-12-2014, 08:26 AM
Lol already sounds like the start of a great joke! I'm in Redondo beach/Lawndale area I've only had the PA on the water twice out of Cabrillo beach. But I'm willing to go try different places.

That's our backyard!!

l8kerz42
02-12-2014, 12:32 PM
I just started yak fishing as well. I am in North Torrance ( around the corner from Lawndale). I will post my next outing and maybe we can meet up!

Quban
02-12-2014, 03:19 PM
Sounds great l8kerz42! Anyone going out this weekend? I don't mind SD but that's a drive away for me. I'd rather go somewhere a little closer. Any suggestions for being out on the water this time of year?

ful-rac
02-12-2014, 03:48 PM
Cabrillo is usually a good place to start out if your newbee. Calm waters, and easy launch make it an ideal place to fish during the winter time, even when the weather is not so nice. Remember not to get too far away from the launch because the wind usually blows from the west pretty hard about noon time. It's a little more difficult now since there isn't any sardines at the barge, so your going to have to make your own bait. Your ability to read your fishfinder to find bait and get on them will be tested.

Redondo is a good place to fish also at times. Easy launch, fast access to open water... artificial reef out front. No bait here either, you'll have to make your own. You fish here, get ready to put some miles in...

incxalx
02-12-2014, 03:59 PM
Im also new to fishing on a yak, anybody going this long weekend on Monday? Quban, I think I maybe going out tomorrow if you want to join? With the winds coming from the west, will it be safe to paddle out to the break wall in long beach near Nacho's?

Quban
02-12-2014, 08:22 PM
Can't do tomorrow work mon-fri I try and aim for the Saturday/Sunday fishing unless planned ahead then I can take a day or two off

Quban
02-12-2014, 08:24 PM
Thanks for the great advice ful-rac I do have a good sabiki rod and once I find them I don't tend to have a problem getting bait lol

Quban
02-13-2014, 08:46 PM
Anyone going out if Cabrillo beach this weekend? Or would like to?