PDA

View Full Version : Waterproof phone case

chxh8me
02-13-2014, 02:48 PM
After reading some complaints about the Lifeproof case in the Innovations thread, I figured I'd suggest the Optrix case to those that haven't heard about it.

I have one, and it's been great. Keeps the phone dry on and in the water.
Has a variety of attachments, as well as interchangeable lenses.

One thing to keep in mind is that the screen functions don't work while underwater. But you can use the buttons on the side of your phone to snap underwater pics instead. I didnt find that out until after swimming with whale sharks on my honeymoon.... bummer... but I had my gopro on me as well, so all was good.

I am not affiliated in any way.... but I do recommend it over the Lifeproof... which I used for my old phone.

MSRP is fairly steep ($130) for the XD5 iPhone 5 version, but if you look around online you can find some decent deals ($80 new on Amazon).... even better deals for the iPhone 4 version.

With the Lifeproof cases going for around $60... the extra $20 is WELL worth it for the Optrix.

Dave k
02-13-2014, 03:47 PM
I've got one from a company called Hitcase that I like a lot too. Easy to take on and off which is great since I don't like thick case when I'm not on the water. Had a life proof and wasn't crazy about the screen.

No affiliation either.

Linglifter
02-15-2014, 01:11 AM
Snow lizzard cases

jorluivil
02-15-2014, 01:47 AM
I've heard pros and cons regarding the lifeproof case, I have one for my S3 and so far so good. I originally had the SEIDIO case but it was way to bulky for me so I returned it and waited for the Lifeproof case to come out. Again, I've heard pros and cons, so far I haven't really had any issues with it. I did have to exchange it once because the area near the headache jack had a small crack, I don't how it happened but I'm thinking it was proabably my fault. I contacted Lifeproof regarding the crack and they sent me a new case in almost no time.