PDA

View Full Version : LA BAY

bigeye
09-29-2005, 01:19 PM
Just got back on a Yak spearfish trip to LA Bay. Myself and Living Water, aka: Gene. The weather was HOT to say the least :oops: 102f and 46% humidity not exactly pleasant. Camped at Pta. Gringo and had a great paddle out to Coronado Island. Was about 95 on the water and no air movment, guess I prayed to hard about no wind.Highlight was a Pinback whale up close. No current and no fish of any size. But did catch some 10# skip jacks on the troll w/ Rapala's. Gene shot two yellows w/ one shot for a total of 10#s (5# each). Plenty of 3-5# Grouper and Cabrilla. Travel was great and all of the check points were VERY pleasant. Went to plan B and moved north to the Old Mill at San Quintin. Nice place and COOL :D ! Only problem was the water there is all dirty w/ the red tide so diving was out. Talked to Tomas at the Old Mill sportfishing and he said some real big Flatties have been caught on the north side of the harbor entrance. But we had to head home.Planning on heading down there real soon if the water clears up. Also thanks Chris for the info about Colonet, wish we'd of got a chance to try it. Cris[/img]

Iceman
09-29-2005, 07:45 PM
Cris, thanks for sharing, always enjoy the dream destination reports.

Andy

Holy Mackerel
09-30-2005, 07:58 AM
No probs on the info. 8) I got to get back down there, before the surf pics up! :shock:

Chris

madscientist
09-30-2005, 09:25 AM
Hey Chris,
Let's go! It's dead around here. 8)

aguachico
09-30-2005, 01:30 PM
keep your eye on hurricane Otis.