PDA

View Full Version : Red Light Bugs and Bubba

Saba Slayer
02-19-2014, 12:44 PM
Here's a lobster video with a special guest appearance from Bubba.
Even after Bubba was done thrashing the bait cage and the net around it still came up with two Bugs and a Crab!
http://youtu.be/_s8gIQigf7g
If you don't like George...just turn the volume down.
Testing to see if the color of lighting used makes a difference when attracting the Bugs?
Jim / Saba Slayer

CheapPelican
02-20-2014, 08:59 AM
Seems like the light attracts bubba :mad:

GregAndrew
02-20-2014, 09:17 AM
Come on Jim, you were trying to get hookers to move in, admit it. Love seeing different stuff like this.

CheapPelican
02-20-2014, 09:55 AM
˄ You catch a diffrent kind of crabs that way.

Saba Slayer
02-20-2014, 11:37 AM
The Salmon Heads in a bait cage are what attracted Bubba and got him back for a second try!
The Bait Tubes work great...a couple of bites on the hard plastic and the Sea lions give up right away!
Jim / Saba Slayer

ZepBonham
02-20-2014, 12:06 PM
When scuba diving for bugs we used a red filter over our dive lights. It was presumed they were "less annoyed" with red color. As for it attracting bugs, not so sure.

jorluivil
02-20-2014, 12:09 PM
Cool video.......You are officially the Lobster Video Pionner

Saba Slayer
02-21-2014, 06:40 AM
Cool video.......You are officially the Lobster Video Pionner
If Pionner means Payaso... well then maybe that is me!
I think that distinction belongs to a guy named Frank Nelson...that guy would just sit out in his little rowboat and watch the monitor all night long back then...Frank was also a big fan of the infared light.

Here is some old B/W footage from 2004 and earlier...most was shot with a Aqua-View camera. It is a cool little B/W camera with some red and green LEDs around the lens and about 160' cable with a monitor that you can watch live action on. I still use it sometimes to see what an area looks like underwater, much like Greg Andrews does with his down-rigger GoPro.
http://youtu.be/-epF8htC6Lo
Enjoy
Jim / Saba Slayer