PDA

View Full Version : Kokatat Bahia Tour PFD

buddha
02-25-2014, 10:10 AM
I just got a good deal on this pfd and ordered it.

I did several searches and it seems like it is a popular pfd.

To those that have one have you been happy with it?

How does it compare to the NRS pfds?

I know I should have tried it on first but I guess if it doesn't fit well for me I can always return it. Since I got a good deal on it I figured I would jump on it.

CheapPelican
02-25-2014, 10:35 AM
Hook a brotha UP! Post a link.

buddha
02-25-2014, 10:35 AM
Hook a brotha UP! Post a link.

Sent you a PM.

chxh8me
02-25-2014, 11:26 AM
I would not be opposed to a link either!

PAL
02-25-2014, 01:39 PM
In my opinion, the Bahia Tour is one of the best PFDs around. The fabric is much more durable (heavier denier) than you'll find on the lower priced fishing PFDs promoted by NRS and MTI (Stohlquist's Fisherman is different, I like that one).

The Bahia Tour is built for paddling. I've had mine for 5 or 6 years. No complaints.

Here's a link: http://www.kayakfishingsupplies.com/servlet/the-1343/Kokatat-Bahia-Tour-PFD/Detail

buddha
02-25-2014, 03:03 PM
In my opinion, the Bahia Tour is one of the best PFDs around. The fabric is much more durable (heavier denier) than you'll find on the lower priced fishing PFDs promoted by NRS and MTI (Stohlquist's Fisherman is different, I like that one).

The Bahia Tour is built for paddling. I've had mine for 5 or 6 years. No complaints.

Here's a link: http://www.kayakfishingsupplies.com/servlet/the-1343/Kokatat-Bahia-Tour-PFD/Detail

Thanks Paul when I get it hopefully it fits nicely.

buddha
02-25-2014, 03:07 PM
I would not be opposed to a link either!

Sent you a PM.

MissileTM
02-25-2014, 03:26 PM
I have been looking at these and wondering if it was worth $130. Can I get the link as well buddha?

buddha
02-25-2014, 03:27 PM
I have been looking at these and wondering if it was worth $130. Can I get the link as well buddha?

Sent you a PM.

Fish Taco
02-25-2014, 10:45 PM
I've had this same PFD now for a little over 2 years... I researched PFDs extensively before deciding on this one. I really like it... It's not perfect however... (not sure there is a perfect PFD out there just yet)

My biggest complaint is that the pocket/sleeve on the front will not fit my Standard Horizion HX851 VHF radio... it's too small. So I have to clip it on the strap near my neck... and it's very inconvenient and in the way.

It would be nice if Kokatat expanded on this PFD and made one specifically for the kayak fisherman... but I suppose that is dreaming as they seem to be more focused on white water kayaking and paddling. But a few enclosed coiled zinger attachments would be nice on each side (so as to attach a few small tools), and a better place to store ones pliers.

Still think it is one of the best made PFDs out there though. Just my 2 cents!

buddha
03-01-2014, 02:00 PM
Well I ended up getting the Kokatat Bahia Tour but after trying it on it was way too bulky for me and I returned it.

I ended up getting the Kokatat MsFit Tour Life Jacket - PFD as it is a lot less bulky especially in the front. A little more expensive but fit is more important than money.

Kokatat MsFit Tour Life Jacket-PFD

Unisex
500D Cordura outer and 200D nylon inner
16 lbs. 6 oz.
USCG Type IIITouring
Articulated shell and foam panels
2 bellows pockets with zippered side entry
One electronics pocket
Front lash tab, reflective tape
Strobe lash tab on back

Valek
03-01-2014, 03:46 PM
Looking for one also, can you pm link please? Thanks!

LSmoot
03-03-2014, 03:12 PM
I bought a Bahia online just a few weeks ago. Having never tried one on, I was a little concerned that it wouldn't fit, but it does fit very nicely. My VHF fits inside the VHF pocket perfectly - no problem. I also really like the slot for a fishing license. I haven't had a chance to wear it on the water yet, but as far as I can tell I'm going to be a happy camper with it.

buddha
03-03-2014, 03:54 PM
I bought a Bahia online just a few weeks ago. Having never tried one on, I was a little concerned that it wouldn't fit, but it does fit very nicely. My VHF fits inside the VHF pocket perfectly - no problem. I also really like the slot for a fishing license. I haven't had a chance to wear it on the water yet, but as far as I can tell I'm going to be a happy camper with it.

Glad it worked out for you. The Bahia Tour was just way too bulky in the front for me. I bought the Kokatat MsFit Tour and it is a lot less bulky for me and fits nicely. Best to try things out beforehand which I did not and had to send the Bahia Tour back.