PDA

View Full Version : Bass and Brew 2014 :(

MrPatrick
04-22-2014, 07:33 PM
Sorry to say, there won't be a Bass and Brew 2014. My wife and I have decided to focus on losing weight. I was born with a bone disease that I lost my left femur head to when I was five. I have a different condition in both of my knees and bursitis in both shoulders. My doctors said that I'd be lucky to not need a knee replacement by 50. Well, I'm lucky. Dropping weight will take stress of my joints. It refuse to stop paddling! Even if I do take forever to time surf launches because I have a hard time getting on my yak safely in the surf zone :).
We both work full time and her job is up in Foothill Ranch. A sixty mile drive one way. putting on an event is like a second job, as Neil and Wade can attest to.
I plan to attend as many events this year as possible and help out if I can. We really loved putting on last years event and do plan on having a Bass and Brew 2015. I'm kicking around ideas for 2015 and will keep BWE crew informed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dorado50
04-22-2014, 08:02 PM
Good Luck with your health!......paddle on:)

Bert Vega
04-22-2014, 08:05 PM
Get it done. Good luck in your quest. One suggestion that always worked well for me. No more carbs after 3pm and 1 cheat meal a week. I liked Saturday nights. I need to get back in the gym and drop a few myself.

MrPatrick
04-22-2014, 08:31 PM
Thanks guys

ful-rac
04-22-2014, 09:31 PM
No bass and brew...?

Smart move...! Thats alot of headaches to deal with. I think a couple of BBWs here and there would be fun!

makobob
04-23-2014, 06:51 AM
Best wishes on your weight loss program. Will you be increasing your paddling or walking to help? No snacks after dinner usually helps. Best of luck.

toby
04-23-2014, 07:36 AM
:kayak-surfer:Good luck MRPATRICK

walrus
04-23-2014, 08:59 AM
Wishing you the best success.

YakMedic
04-23-2014, 12:13 PM
Congratulations on your decision to focus on your health. By focusing on you and your families needs in the short term will increase your ability to help others in the long term. Good luck on your journey.

Big Wave Dave
04-23-2014, 12:26 PM
Hope all goes well. Thanks again for the last Bass N Brew. I really enjoyed it. Maybe next year we'll do it again. I'm deploying this summer anyway.

Jimmyz123
04-23-2014, 12:31 PM
Sorry to say, there won't be a Bass and Brew 2014. My wife and I have decided to focus on losing weight. I was born with a bone disease that I lost my left femur head to when I was five. I have a different condition in both of my knees and bursitis in both shoulders. My doctors said that I'd be lucky to not need a knee replacement by 50. Well, I'm lucky. Dropping weight will take stress of my joints. It refuse to stop paddling! Even if I do take forever to time surf launches because I have a hard time getting on my yak safely in the surf zone :).
We both work full time and her job is up in Foothill Ranch. A sixty mile drive one way. putting on an event is like a second job, as Neil and Wade can attest to.
I plan to attend as many events this year as possible and help out if I can. We really loved putting on last years event and do plan on having a Bass and Brew 2015. I'm kicking around ideas for 2015 and will keep BWE crew informed.

Your health is most important. Looking forward to a possible 2015 B&B, but mostly looking forward to a healthier you and your wife. :notworthy:

finyak
04-23-2014, 02:55 PM
Well I didn't get to put on YAKFEST last year so I will probably do it this year. As far as losing weight try to eliminate all sugar from your diet natural or otherwise. I did it for 7 weeks and lost 10lbs in less than 4 and my triglycerides went down 200 point's, hope this help's. Hope to see you on the water soon.

Frank

Deamon
04-23-2014, 06:51 PM
Mr. Patrick...I'm glad we met during the derby...you're alright. But that pizza's all mine next time! Get well my brotha. Jim

MrPatrick
04-23-2014, 07:51 PM
Finyak, another Yakfest would be great.
Really enjoyed the first one

Cbad Mike
04-23-2014, 08:14 PM
Patrick, Good luck with your goal.

FISH11
04-23-2014, 10:18 PM
Patrick good luck with the weight loss. I know exactly how it feels I just got the cast and walking boot off from large toe surgery, and today was my first day back on a kayak this year. I need to get in paddling shape for the Tournament on the 3rd. I am on the list to have my left knee replaced and as much as that will stop the constant pain, I hate to thought of maybe a few months of not being able to go kayak fishing again. Man, sometimes life sure does get in the way!

dwntwnall4u
04-24-2014, 12:06 AM
Much success to you.