PDA

View Full Version : How can you HELP Heroes on the Water?

makobob
05-05-2014, 05:24 PM
A couple of weeks ago I was asked if I wanted to play a more active role in HOW and I answered YES! Do YOU want to be more active with HEROES on the WATER?

The help needed is to find our brother veterans who need us. Most of these brothers are struggling with every day life. Coming back to the WORLD is tough enough without physical or medical problems. With them it is sometimes impossible to cope with life. Heroes on the Water's programs help our veterans to start the healing process. Kayak fishing charges the batteries, both mental and physical exersize are relaxing, stimulating, exciting, confidence building and theraputic. As WE all know a day on the water releaves OUR stress and allows us a rejuvination period which is why even after a long vacation where we play hard we still come home ready to get back to the rat race. Our veterans get those same feelings after a few hours on the water. Sometimes it is all they need for a jump start on their way to a full recovery.

I started this post asking for your HELP, what I need is for YOU to get these Veterans into contact with us. So as the OUTREACH coordinator for OUR SoCal Chapter of HEROES on the WATER I am REACHING OUT to each of you.
Feel free to give them my contact information, or get their information to me.
r.moore760@gmail.com or 760-692-7276. Together we can make a difference in the lives of others. Thank you all, God Bless.

If you want to play an even more active roll, contact CJ or Matt.

Jimmyz123
05-05-2014, 08:12 PM
I will see what I can do to help.

PapaDave
05-06-2014, 07:36 AM
Don't know of many vets but I'll volunteer to take them out, I have a spare PA14 fully equipped.

Siebler
05-06-2014, 09:07 AM
Dave we can definitely use volunteers from time to time and actually since your north we may have the perfect opportunity for you come July when we head up to do a special event for the LA crowd on Huntington Harbor. Date is being locked down asap and I will PM you details as we have them!

William Novotny
05-07-2014, 07:14 AM
Dave we can definitely use volunteers from time to time and actually since your north we may have the perfect opportunity for you come July when we head up to do a special event for the LA crowd on Huntington Harbor. Date is being locked down asap and I will PM you details as we have them!

Awesome! I'd like to volunteer as well. As soon as a date gets secured I can request the time off.

Hunters Pa
05-07-2014, 07:19 AM

I will be watching for a date as well. Would love to help out if I can

Siebler
05-07-2014, 07:40 AM
William and Shawn, 7/26 is the date. We would love to have you both and will put you on the contact list as we start furthering the planning of this event.

tamddo714
07-14-2014, 01:35 PM
I'm too interested in helping out with the staffing or whatever for this event. I'm very local but in the mean time I'll try to talk to a couple veterans I know. Thanks

bus kid
07-14-2014, 02:55 PM
Post up a flyer at the Local VFW and VA offices / hospitals, most have public message boards. also Back when I was on active duty, there was the MWR moral,welfare and recreation dept to help with actives as well as loaning equipment. Im sure there is still something similar on base. maybe contact them also and let them know so they can help spread the word.

As for the 26th,since I live close to the harbor I might be able to help out, gotta check my calendar when I get home as well as the work schedule.
Time and place please keep us posted.

defjack
08-20-2014, 04:00 PM
Bob I can be there sat to help yue anyway you need. Jack

makobob
08-20-2014, 07:41 PM
Bob I can be there sat to help yue anyway you need. Jack

Jack, I am looking forward to seeing you again.