PDA

View Full Version : Paddling Gear

BBrown
06-29-2007, 01:00 PM
Hey All,

Looking for suggestions on what and where for paddling gear. :hmmmm: I'm too much of a rookie to stay dry on my own right now, but would like to stay a little drier and warmer in the AM.

Price is an issue.

Thanks in advance.

pchen911
06-29-2007, 01:06 PM
right now, the used sporting goods shop at OB (second wind??) has some new waterproof paddling jackets for about $30

JrBasser
06-29-2007, 02:15 PM
I wear a $30 pair of sports chalet water boots, a bathing suit under a pair of waterproof parachute pants, nothing special, just some windbreaker style walmart pants or w/e, (you get wet when u get in the water launching and what not, but dry very quickly), an under armour, or sometimes a reebok version, basically any long sleeve compression shirt, the reebok ones can be found around $20 at a lot of sports stores, (absorbs a lot of the water that hits it keeping the water off me) under a t-shirt, and a sweatshirt. I usually wear my PFD under my sweatshirt, you stay very warm like this, (sometimes have to take off the sweatshirt even at 5 am) and if you get wet, the pfd will stop you from gettng wet. I've taken a wave to the chest, and the pfd keeps the water in my sweat shirt from touching my shirts, hence keeping it from my body and i still stay warm with a wet sweatshirt.

Paddle on brotha :paddleersmilie:

cabojohn
06-29-2007, 04:09 PM
Extra Sport paddle gear is awesome!
IMHO- there is not a better paddle pant / paddle jacket on the market.

From early AM wet surf launches to winter lobster fishing in nasty wet cold conditions I am always comfy cozy and dry.;)

You get what you pay for...Extra Sport is worth it!
www.extrasport.com (http://www.extrasport.com)

Loco Pescadores

nmbrinkman
06-29-2007, 04:40 PM
Pair of board shorts and a T-shirt should be fine. Pick up a pair of waders (non-neoprene) if you really want to. Check out sports authority. Cotton has a tendency to stay wet and chill you in the cool air and wind. Synthetic fiber is the way to go(polyproplene). Little Marine Corps trick;)....

paddling gear is spendy and really isn't needed 9 months out of the year. I think a new pair of waders run around $80 - $120...

BBrown
06-29-2007, 04:56 PM
Thank you all for the info.

hooked
06-29-2007, 06:05 PM
They have some pretty nice gear on the REI outlet web site for a good price, i.e extrasport srayjacket for $50