PDA

View Full Version : 10/12 AM

madscientist
10-12-2005, 09:17 AM
Went north to find sardines and greenies everywhere. Loaded up and dragged one sardine down with a flylined mac. Not a touch. Tried chumming by the canyon edge but only got a big pod of porpoise for the trouble. Watched one go right underneath me on the FF. They seemed to like the mackerel chunks. No wind, no surf, minimal swell, but no feeshes.

twinfin
10-12-2005, 09:53 AM
ditto for the point, and corner and the south side of the canyon. very quiet out there this morning...

vellocity
10-12-2005, 01:25 PM
no good signs out there huh??

well after a month off the water i'm gonna give it a go tomorrow AM..
thanks for the report, i think i'll try and make bait at the pier and scan the whole point since i don't know how to catch halibut up in the North area..
it's been so long i better check my sabikis and make sure the hooks haven't rusted off!!

who's fishing tomorrow AM??

twinfin
10-12-2005, 02:46 PM
pretty darn quiet out there today. conditions were great, water was 65. bait was easy in the kelp---plenty spanish macs. Just nothing going on out at the spot.....the bull kelp must be blooming, because the big bulbs are everywhere--not just the normal area. good luck. Dan

vellocity
10-12-2005, 03:52 PM
pretty darn quiet out there today. conditions were great, water was 65. bait was easy in the kelp---plenty spanish macs. Just nothing going on out at the spot.....the bull kelp must be blooming, because the big bulbs are everywhere--not just the normal area. good luck. Dan

bull kelp showing usually means no current.. was the current minimal? no water movement, no bueno..

Iceman
10-12-2005, 04:51 PM
Nelz, I am planning on a grey light launch. Pier and north for me. I'll see ya out there.

Current has been really weak lately. It is all on you to light a fire :D

vellocity
10-12-2005, 05:04 PM
Nelz, I am planning on a grey light launch. Pier and north for me. I'll see ya out there.

Current has been really weak lately. It is all on you to light a fire :D

i'm so amped.. haven't seen LJ for a little over 4 weeks!
i'll see you at the pier.....then i don't know what i'll do? i wouldn't mind pulling on a yellowtailed smoothound :D

Razorback
10-12-2005, 05:53 PM
Hey Nelz / Andy -

I plan on launching around 10:00 am after the kid drop off duty.

See you hardcores out there later in the morning.
Find the homeguards for me - will ya????? :roll:

Cris

madscientist
10-12-2005, 05:55 PM
I'll probably be out as well. Going north for bait, then maybe kelpward. Or maybe I'll stealthly follow the new halibut hotshot. If I go to the kelp, maybe I can get a ride, Nelz. :D I'll show you my rockfish spot in exchange :lol: .