PDA

View Full Version : Props to Eagle

Amish Ed
10-18-2005, 09:47 PM
I have to give big props to Eagle Electronics for their customer service. I called them to get an RMA# so I could return my FF which hasn't been worked for months. Well after a few basic questions from the technician trying to trouble shoot, he told me I should send it in. I can't find the reciept so he asked for the serial number. Turns out the warranty was a month or 2 past. Know what he did? He said, "Close enough." So, I sent it in and it came back yesterday. I get out the invoice and it says they couldn't find a problem. Did they send the old one back? Nope, they sent a new one, including a new transducer (just in case that's the issue). All this with zero hassle, zero arguing, zero money. Try getting any of this from that bird manufacturer that humms. I know the stories and all I can say is I'm glad I've stuck with Eagle/Lowrance (I've heard that Garmin is good too). Again, props to Eagle.

Dennis
10-18-2005, 10:40 PM
Nice read!! You're right, I didn't get the same customer service from Humminbird. The harness inside the unit somehow broke. I called to see if it was covered in the warranty. The Humminbird rep. I spoke to said that it would be free with the receipt (if it was less than a year), and $70 without. It's not more than a year old, I know that for sure. I should have put that receipt in a safe or something.. I had an Eagle fishfinder mounted on my kayak, but I switched to the Matrix series.. Looks like I should have stuck with the Eagle.

vellocity
10-19-2005, 09:29 AM
not plugging West Marine, BUT... when you buy any electronics from WM they give you a no questions ask return policy for a year from the purchase date(yeah you need to SAVE that receipt Dennis!).. walk in, state the problem, walk out with a new unit. they even have extended warranties you can pay for to keep that return policy going for up to 3 years...worth it IMO for anything getting dunked in saltwater

here's the best kicker for WM.. if you find a cheaper price on the internet, print the pages out and they will price match any internet price..

ski
10-19-2005, 01:31 PM
here's the best kicker for WM.. if you find a cheaper price on the internet, print the pages out and they will price match any internet price..

I have purchased my vhf this way. I was told by WM that the internet match is only if there is a "brick and mortar store" to go with the ad. Also, I insisted that they adjust the price so that when they add the tax it came to the same price as advertised on the net.

norrinradd12
10-19-2005, 01:39 PM
great to know, about ready to buy a fishfinder

baerclaws
10-19-2005, 07:11 PM
Glad to hear the problem was resolved. I got my Eagle Cuda 240 S/GPS the first of the year, per your recommendation, and I couldn't be happier with it. The GPS saved my butt once last spring when heavy fog rolled in.
What was the nature of the failure?
I don't see that model advertised much anymore, but I think it's still listed on their web. Good thing they had your replacement.