PDA

View Full Version : DSI Xducer 50/200 455/800

Lipripper92592
02-25-2015, 01:51 PM
SOLD

I picked this up last week from a fellow BWE member, but decided to change plans. Up for sale or trade is a new un-used 50/200 455/800 DSI transducer. (The big one)
Looking to get $125 for it or trade for a LSS2 xducer.
Chris

TJones
02-25-2015, 04:05 PM
what did you opt for ?

Viper3173
02-25-2015, 09:32 PM
Sorry to see it didn't work out for ya Chris. I hope it will help some other yakker kill some fish. Good luck the sale!

Lipripper92592
02-26-2015, 10:41 AM
Sorry to see it didn't work out for ya Chris. I hope it will help some other yakker kill some fish. Good luck the sale!

It's not that it wouldn't work, I just was a bit pre-mature in my decision making skills. I'm going to add the LSS 2 instead of replacing my 50/500 xducer. Thank you so much for hooking me up.

ful-rac
02-26-2015, 11:24 AM
It's not that it wouldn't work, I just was a bit pre-mature in my decision making skills. I'm going to add the LSS 2 instead of replacing my 50/500 xducer. Thank you so much for hooking me up.

Seriously...take it from somebody who has an lss2 transducer....you don't really need one. It's nice to have, but it's definitely more appropriate to have on a boat. If you choose to get one anyway, which I'm sure that you will regardless of what I say....then do a temporary over the side arm mount so you can take it off when you don't want to use it. I found that after you have scanned a particular area there is no need to continuously scan it. Remember the Lss2 is also limited in the depth it is effective in...so you drastically lose definition in depths greater than 50-60 feet. I have scaned areas up to 120ft deep but the definition isn't as good, and that's about the limits of the technology.

Lipripper92592
02-26-2015, 01:27 PM
Seriously...take it from somebody who has an lss2 transducer....you don't really need one. It's nice to have, but it's definitely more appropriate to have on a boat. If you choose to get one anyway, which I'm sure that you will regardless of what I say....then do a temporary over the side arm mount so you can take it off when you don't want to use it. I found that after you have scanned a particular area there is no need to continuously scan it. Remember the Lss2 is also limited in the depth it is effective in...so you drastically lose definition in depths greater than 50-60 feet. I have scaned areas up to 120ft deep but the definition isn't as good, and that's about the limits of the technology.

Thanks for the info:D What you are saying, is exactly what I've been reading and seeing. The goal is to be able to make bait faster in the summer. Sidescan, this is where I think the LSS 2 will shine for me, ( of course in shallower water). The mount would be temporary as when I'm done making bait, it gets stowed. Sometimes in the summer I'm trying to located schools of bait for almost four hours, just hoping to reduced that time as much as much as possible. Any pictures of the mount you have rigged up?

momo fish
02-26-2015, 01:29 PM
Dam! I know who I'm following when I'm making bait next time..