PDA

View Full Version : Meet me at LJ Friday?

Ozstriker22
07-01-2015, 01:21 PM
Howdy, looking to take my yak to the kelp beds Friday 5am. Is there anyone that wants to show me the ropes?? Trying to get my first yak-yellow

addicted2sp33d
07-01-2015, 02:12 PM
I'm planning to be at LJ, but probably launching closer to 9:00A.

See you on the grounds.

Stone/Grey Cobra Marauder

octico
07-01-2015, 02:24 PM
A few of us will be coming down from OC. We plan on launching around 6AM. We will be on channel 69.

--John

spicolly
07-01-2015, 05:11 PM
Howdy, looking to take my yak to the kelp beds Friday 5am. Is there anyone that wants to show me the ropes?? Trying to get my first yak-yellow

It's going to be packed at LJ...lots of pressure on land. :-)

Last year, there were people camping out on the 3rd, trying to save beach space for the 4th. Parking is going to be a joke. Wait til next weekend when the Zonies go home and things return to normal -- except for our warm water!!! #ElNino!!!

dsutter775
07-01-2015, 06:09 PM
It's going to be packed at LJ...lots of pressure on land. :-)

Last year, there were people camping out on the 3rd, trying to save beach space for the 4th. Parking is going to be a joke. Wait til next weekend when the Zonies go home and things return to normal -- except for our warm water!!! #ElNino!!!

Dont wait. Fishing is hot! Just get there early and you'll be ok...

octico
07-01-2015, 06:11 PM

Really that bad on the 3rd?

spicolly
07-02-2015, 11:56 AM

Fishing will not cool down...no way! Red tuna crab invasion, followed 71 degree water last weekend...in June! I grew up surfing here and don't remember the water being so warm over the winter, and heating up so early.

socal.beach.bum
07-02-2015, 01:55 PM
Going to be a zoo out tomorrow

Ozstriker22
07-03-2015, 06:15 PM
It WAS a zoo out there!!! No VHF radio, yet.

I met up with Chhay from SD FISHING and he showed me the ropes. Ended up bottom fishing as my Mack kept dying / escaping my bait basket. Caught a large rubber lip (butter mouth?) and 3 assorted rock fish. Hooked on something huge on my light rod, of course. Broke off my 25lb test like nothing.

Great day. I'll be back for sure!!!