PDA

View Full Version : LJ LAUNCH?

kjsdad619
10-30-2015, 10:02 AM
I'm on a gov't computer and with all the securities that are in place I can't get the LJ Cam up and all videos on web are blocked..Anyone seen the launch since these tides came and hung out with us this past week?:you_rock:

FISH11
10-30-2015, 10:54 AM
Hi Ryan. I just checked it out and it looks like it's really high tide. Close intervals and surf about 3-5 feet. The sand looked ok earlier and there was no trenches or large erossion. It looks like there is a fair amount of wind chop also. The weather is supposed to be better this weekend. I might hit it up on Sunday because I work tomorrow and weather gets worse on Monday and beyond. Good Luck, Mark

kjsdad619
10-30-2015, 11:02 AM
Hi Ryan. I just checked it out and it looks like it's really high tide. Close intervals and surf about 3-5 feet. The sand looked ok earlier and there was no trenches or large erossion. It looks like there is a fair amount of wind chop also. The weather is supposed to be better this weekend. I might hit it up on Sunday because I work tomorrow and weather gets worse on Monday and beyond. Good Luck, Mark

Thanks mark..appreciate it! Good luck also..I might go sunday too instead

Harry Hill
10-30-2015, 11:15 AM
I watched two guys about 9:30 this morning trying to launch, they got beat up pretty bad and the last I saw them the pulled their kayaks up on the beach out of sight. I watched for awhile and did not see them try again. The waves were much bigger than normal and coming really fast. I don't know if they ever got out but I'm glad it wasn't me trying my first launch.

kjsdad619
10-30-2015, 12:04 PM
I watched two guys about 9:30 this morning trying to launch, they got beat up pretty bad and the last I saw them the pulled their kayaks up on the beach out of sight. I watched for awhile and did not see them try again. The waves were much bigger than normal and coming really fast. I don't know if they ever got out but I'm glad it wasn't me trying my first launch.

Appreciate it, thank you! I'll keep checking the tides..

Phishphood
10-30-2015, 12:07 PM
Fwiw and I'm not saying it's worth much, but I tried to get past the breakers this morning freediving with a boogie board at Coronado and got smashed. And that's with protection from the nw swell. If LJS was anything like that there was no way I would take a yak out. Tomorrow morning looks fairly flat though.

kjsdad619
10-30-2015, 12:32 PM
:you_rock: Thank you!Fwiw and I'm not saying it's worth much, but I tried to get past the breakers this morning freediving with a boogie board at Coronado and got smashed. And that's with protection from the nw swell. If LJS was anything like that there was no way I would take a yak out. Tomorrow morning looks fairly flat though.

captnblood34
10-30-2015, 12:52 PM
Fwiw and I'm not saying it's worth much, but I tried to get past the breakers this morning freediving with a boogie board at Coronado and got smashed. And that's with protection from the nw swell. If LJS was anything like that there was no way I would take a yak out. Tomorrow morning looks fairly flat though.

At Zuniga?

Phishphood
10-30-2015, 01:16 PM
No, not sure where zuniga launch actually is. I was just trying to get out in front of hotel del. Care to share where the launch is?