PDA

View Full Version : CASH Jackpot 2/2/08 LaJolla

aguachico
01-27-2008, 09:49 PM
We've done these before and now is as good as any.

I will be on the beach from 0500-0600 Saturday 2/2/08. I will be collecting $20 per angler. This is a biggest fish takes all jackpot. The winning fish can be a YT, WSB or Hali. Last weigh in at 1200. Not 1201.

I've got a handful of confirmations via email, so it's on.

The last successfull jackpot had 10 anglers and 2 fish about the same time of the year.

Like last time a few interested skiffs were allowed on an ask first basis. This time is no different. The known skiffs that may enter are Adi(lamb) Chris(HolyMac) other allowed skiffs are Todd(clevel),Pat and Kelvin(skiffman). Skiffs pay $20 per angler and have to stay in the Lajolla area. Since they generally suck, their $$$ is too easy not to take :D Any other skiffs PM me.

So write your name on the $20 <=== very important. Find me on the beach, I'm not hard to find. I'm terrible with names so don't be upset if I don't remeber yours when you hand me $20.

If I launch before you see me find me on Ch 71 and get me $20 before you catch a fish. I may have you give your $20 to someone else while OTW.

This is fun and simple. This is a chance to get some of your money back from the WCW's top 5 before they close out the tourney - bastards :the_finger:

Any questions?

madscientist
01-27-2008, 10:09 PM
http://www.arcytech.org/java/money/images/20_bill.jpg

Just don't let Pat hold the money.:rolleyes:

tylerdurden
01-28-2008, 06:31 AM
I'm in. Hasn't been one of these for a while. I hope the weather is good.

Holy Mackerel
01-28-2008, 06:34 AM
Unless I dive next Saturday... Tengo mÃX veinte... :captain:

http://www.confluence.org/mx/all/n18w103/pic9.jpg

esdees
01-28-2008, 06:37 AM
No Pesos! I'm in.

FISHIONADO
01-28-2008, 07:38 AM
Hey Art, I'll try to be there, I'm due for some luck. Did anyone ever win the New Years Day 2006 money? Shouldn't the skiffs have a handicap? "Skiffs must hand beer and bait to kayakers on request". Just kidding about the bait.

Iceman
01-28-2008, 07:44 AM
I would if I could......Yak Surf Club at San O......Art, somehow I think you were counting on that:the_finger::D

aguachico
01-28-2008, 07:51 AM
I would if I could......Yak Surf Club at San O......Art, somehow I think you were counting on that:the_finger::D

I still have nightmares about the first time we did this. :rolleyes:
That is when I realized you are more than lucky.

Dan
01-28-2008, 08:14 AM
Last time we did this team "extreme" got denied in the surf....a haha ah ahah hah a

I'll try and make it!

Iceman
01-28-2008, 08:45 AM
Last time we did this team "extreme" got denied in the surf....a haha ah ahah hah a

New Years Day 06?:o...........I have not dumped sincelol

Wish I could make it!

tylerdurden
01-28-2008, 10:17 AM
Look out next weekend. The tennis club is having their big tournament thing. The launch at Avenida de la Playa is supposed to be closed. Last year they didn't let people drive on the beach once the guards were there. Early in the morning shouldn't be a problem. The signs say the boat launch will be moved to Vallecitos for the weekend just like last year. Bring your wheels just in case.

Also look out for an even bigger number of lost numbnuts in Mercedes on the roads by the beach.

aguachico
01-28-2008, 11:08 AM
Look out next weekend. The tennis club is having their big tournament thing. The launch at Avenida de la Playa is supposed to be closed. Last year they didn't let people drive on the beach once the guards were there. Early in the morning shouldn't be a problem. The signs say the boat launch will be moved to Vallecitos for the weekend just like last year. Bring your wheels just in case.

Also look out for an even bigger number of lost numbnuts in Mercedes on the roads by the beach.

Tyler; what do you think? Wheels or the following weekend?

tylerdurden
01-28-2008, 12:07 PM
It'll be fine this weekend. Just bring wheels. They will probably make the parking by the bathrooms on Vallecitos into 5 minute loading zones like last year. Launching probably won't be a problem as they won't have the normal launch closed that early.

potto
01-28-2008, 12:16 PM
Funny, I was just about going to ask for another $20 tourney, like the one we had 2 years ago. Hope to make it. Weather permitting.

aguachico
01-28-2008, 12:21 PM
Cool; so I expect about a dozen people. This is a low key gentlemen's contest. The fish that is determined to be the heaviest must stay OTW - that's right.

I lock my wheels to the wooden platform in the summer I'll probably park in the lot so I can easily load the yak.

There've been a few fish caught lately, tiny ones really ;) So hopefully we can get one fish on board to avoid refunding the cash - hence the names on the bills.

wavster
01-28-2008, 01:05 PM
... The fish that is determined to be the heaviest must stay OTW - that's right...

What does that mean, exactly? OTW=On the water?

aguachico
01-28-2008, 01:16 PM
What does that mean, exactly? OTW=On the water?

Yup. Stay OTW or at the landing for a final weigh in. It's never been an issue. If multiple fish are caught I'd just roll up to you and hold my toad against your dink and "ok you can go home" :D

I was able to do that to Adi and he's been kicking my ass ever since.

wavster
01-28-2008, 01:20 PM
...If multiple fish are caught I'd just roll up to you and hold my toad against your dink and "ok you can go home"...

Kind of like last weekend?...:D

aguachico
01-28-2008, 04:36 PM
Kind of like last weekend?...:D

Yeah - can't fault a brother for dreamin! But the smell was upon many of yaks.

lamb
01-28-2008, 08:45 PM
Swear to god, his tail was seriously overweight. :D

Those are major fun. Everybody splits and some fish is always found.

Amendment to consider: boaters that enter must share their bait with yaks that play. Especially if they loaded bait at the barge. Squirts may be gone, to level the play-field. ;)

Work allowing, I will be there to take your $20 Art.

Other bills as well.

I want Dark Horse's $$. I think I can out fish him when I'm all wormed up. :D

Iceman
01-29-2008, 07:38 AM
when I'm all wormed up.

Adi, Bocaccio are off limits and would not count anywaylol

lamb
01-29-2008, 08:03 AM
Damn... :D

How do I manage to throw so many of these "pearls"...

Spellchecker doesn't cut it for me. I need a wordchecker.

OK, I'm best warmed up when I don't fish in a while. I ought to be a top shape on Saturday. :D Again - work permitting.

Holy Mackerel
01-31-2008, 04:51 PM
BUMP! :yt: :yt: :yt: :yt: :yt: :arne1:

lamb
01-31-2008, 10:15 PM
How much is on the table?

It better be more than what I can make if I work on Saturday. :D

I gotta justify my time.:evil:

aguachico
02-01-2008, 01:24 PM
I will be standing around the wooden platform from around 0500-0600.

We may have a good turn out - I predict 12-20 anglers willing to play.

I'm easy to recognize.. even in the dark :D .
I'll be at the same platform at 1200 if there's anything to weigh in.

The bite has been slow, so spread out, have fun and follow the 3 top WCW anglers on their '6oclock' about 50 feet back lol

tylerdurden
02-01-2008, 01:50 PM
I'll be at the same platform at 1200 if there's anything to weigh in.

And what if, and I hope this doesn't happen, the skiffs have something to weigh in? Meet at the buoy instead at noon?

Either way I'll see you out there. Thanks for being the one to organize this Art.

Holy Mackerel
02-01-2008, 02:30 PM
Let's monitor CH 71... Corey, and I will be on my skiff... 18ft CC... I will have a scale to weigh anyones fish. I think the Buoy by 12pm is a good suggestion... :paddleersmilie:

HOW ABOUT A ROLLLLL CALLLLL!!!!

tylerdurden
02-01-2008, 03:32 PM
Remember to BRING YOUR WHEELS. The tennis tournament is going on this weekend.

aguachico
02-01-2008, 05:21 PM
Let's monitor CH 71... Corey, and I will be on my skiff... 18ft CC... I will have a scale to weigh anyones fish. I think the Buoy by 12pm is a good suggestion... :paddleersmilie:

If by chance you have a fish to go against a yakers, we will work it out. You can drive into the reserve, but you can not transfer from from one boat to antoher in the reserve or someothing like that. We will work it out.

aguachico
02-02-2008, 03:52 PM
Jackpot was $240 and no one wanted it.

Look for another quickie in about a month.

thanks to Chris and Corey on the skiff for delivering some deens.

lamb
02-02-2008, 04:10 PM
I looked in my LJ crystal ball last night...

I saw no colors of interest and silenced the alarm.

Heads up: Adi's LJ Crystal Balls will hit the market some time next spring and will be available for $19.99 - STAY TUNED!

But if you order now, we will include another pocket size mini LJ Crystal Ball that you can put on your desk at work! :D

ABSOLUTELY FREE!!

lol

Holy Mackerel
02-02-2008, 05:03 PM
Thanks Art for the motivation! Let's do this once a month!! No fish, but still good to see a lot
of kayak anglers braving the elements... glad, I can now stay dry in the winter... :D

Some pics from the day...

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g287/cmfierro/Fishing%202008/P1010022.jpg

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g287/cmfierro/Fishing%202008/P1010024.jpg

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g287/cmfierro/Fishing%202008/P1010025.jpg

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g287/cmfierro/Fishing%202008/P1010026.jpg

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g287/cmfierro/Fishing%202008/P1010027.jpg

Got home, threw my dogs in the bed of my truck, while I washed down the boat...

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g287/cmfierro/Fishing%202008/P1010038.jpg

My boy Bronx repaid me by chewing up some bloody pelagic gloves, that had been brewing for a couple weeks in the bed of my truck!!! :viking:

Good boy! :cool:

Chris

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g287/cmfierro/Fishing%202008/P1010037.jpg

FISHIONADO
02-03-2008, 09:24 AM
Thanks for putting it together Art. I soaked one on the bottom and one with a 2oz slider around the pier for a while, then up to Blacks, followed the canyon edge towards the NW corner, then followed the kelp line back in, I never got a bite or even a raked bait.

I had a thrill launching in the dark, wasn't paying enough attention, not enough respect. I made it out through the first swells and backed off because I thought I was clear, then saw several dark swells in deeper water. Paddled hard and made it over the biggest one with my bow pointed at the sky. The swells were big enough that it was scary at the very end of the pier during high tide.

Good thing I'm not a subsistence fisherman.

LocoKayako
02-03-2008, 10:56 AM
Hey guys, it was definately god to be back out there.
My primary goal was to get some squid and batter it in beer. Chtis's squid looked really good.
It was kinda sketchy coming back in since I had not done a beach landing in who knows how long, but I timed it well. Did see one guy in a tandem flipped on his way out though.

gabe

aguachico
02-03-2008, 07:07 PM
Thanks for putting it together Art. I soaked one on the bottom and one with a 2oz slider around the pier for a while, then up to Blacks, followed the canyon edge towards the NW corner, then followed the kelp line back in, I never got a bite or even a raked bait.

I had a thrill launching in the dark, wasn't paying enough attention, not enough respect. I made it out through the first swells and backed off because I thought I was clear, then saw several dark swells in deeper water. Paddled hard and made it over the biggest one with my bow pointed at the sky. The swells were big enough that it was scary at the very end of the pier during high tide.

Good thing I'm not a subsistence fisherman.

Still got your $20 - your name is on it so you are good to go.

I watched you launch as I was walking back to the beach from the lot. Did you have your head lamp on? That was a wet one.

Looks I'm thinking 3/8 rightin time for the WSB.

Iceman
02-04-2008, 07:07 AM
Looks I'm thinking 3/8 rightin time for the WSB.

Com'on Art you can't keep me out of this forever.......that is Fred Hall long Beach:the_finger:

aguachico
02-04-2008, 07:21 AM
Com'on Art you can't keep me out of this forever.......that is Fred Hall long Beach:the_finger:

Send an underling. You can man the booth later in the day.

esdees
02-04-2008, 07:35 AM
Thanks for setting it up Art, and thanks for the bait and beer Chris and Corey!