PDA

View Full Version : Baja Mothership Report

PEMEX
08-06-2005, 07:31 PM
Went fishing on the Eric for the best 6 days I can remember. They let me bring along my Xfactor and gave me the opportunity to test the possibility of future kayak fishing trips. Baja Sportfishing has a new boat which will be ready to go next year, and they will be offering kayak trips.
What I found out is that it is possible to get into the fishing grounds from a yak. We talked about 3 or 4 guys per panga to tow you around, bait you up and so on. The only thing that they probably wont do is get us out to the deeper reefs due to the current, it's real bad at times. I got to fish one of these open water structure points but had to stop fishing because the Yellows we caught all morning were replaced by Tatuaba (protected species), all released.
So if any of you guys have thought about doing this, or have tried to charter one of these in the past, they will do these trips in the future. Best thing about it is you can still fish places like the golden reef from your assigned panga, and fish from your yak arround the midriff islands whenever you want. We ended up with over 200 fish between my cousin and I, and was topped off by a 100lb grouper he cought on the last day. This was the best money I have ever spent, and will become part of my yearly expenses untill I die. Just wanted to spread the news.

Iceman
08-07-2005, 06:46 AM
Doing one of those trips has been high on my list for years. Got pix? Sounds like a blast.

PEMEX
08-07-2005, 09:04 AM
Yeah I do have some pics, I'll try to put some up.

Aaron&Julie
06-24-2012, 11:05 AM
It's actually, Tutuava, White Sea Basses bigger brother. Maybe the V sounds like a B down Mexico way, but in the U.S. it's always been a V. And some who've kept them illegaly, probably claim to have caught an 80lb+ white sea bass from their kayak (or other fishing device), while in fact, they've kept a tutuava. They look remarkably alike.
Aaron

GHOSTHUNTR
06-24-2012, 03:10 PM
Totuava, but you'll never catch another one off the Eric, that's for sure. Although that boat was a roach infested scow, still was sad to hear of it's sinking. Guess we gotta keep bumping the old posts, huh?

bus kid
06-25-2012, 06:32 AM
Bumping a post form 2005, thats so april 2012... :D

TheBentRod
06-25-2012, 07:40 AM
It's actually, Tutuava, White Sea Basses bigger brother. Maybe the V sounds like a B down Mexico way, but in the U.S. it's always been a V. And some who've kept them illegaly, probably claim to have caught an 80lb+ white sea bass from their kayak (or other fishing device), while in fact, they've kept a tutuava. They look remarkably alike.
Aaron

Only Aaron can bring a 2005 post to life!