PDA

View Full Version : La Bufadora???

Iceman
11-08-2005, 11:47 AM
I know there was talk from some others venturing down. I am considering going to La Bufadora Thanksgiving weekend. Possibly departing Friday morning, returning Sunday afternoon. Along with the good bottom fishing there have been YT, under birds out around the point. I still have to get work covered, but if I can swing that, I wanna go!

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d151/Iceman619/labufadora.jpg

Razorback
11-08-2005, 05:17 PM
I'd go in a heartbeat if Momma wasn't due with the incoming baby... :shock: She went on maternity leave today and could bust out anyday.

If you have to adjust the calendar and end up going the folowing weekend (12/3 -12/4) - I'm IN..... I would go any weekend after that also.

HAWG

madscientist
11-08-2005, 08:45 PM
I'd be in in a NY minute if my inlaws weren't in town. Guess it'll just be lots of slivovic and fractured english for me.

'Cuda
11-09-2005, 02:27 AM
Fished it 2 weeks ago for good ling cod....no yellows tho'...but they did show up 2 days after I left same time as LJ. I thought of asking Ivan @ Vonny's Fleet to tow me out from the Ensenada Bay side and put me on the yellowtail spot and then work my way around to Bufadora but being alone it was hard to arrange a pick-up afterwards. Also try Arbolitos, a protected finger inlet with a cement launch ramp 3 miles south of Bufadora. The road over the hill is about a quarter mile past Vonny Boats. Easy launch no matter how large the swell....fish north. Good luck.

Gus
11-09-2005, 07:12 AM
As soon as your out of the bay make a right and head straight to
Sh!t rock. There is no way you can get lost, just go north and you will run right into it. If you can get a hold of some fresh sardine you will knock out the lings right out of the water I have had great luck there. Trolling a lure behind you on the way back and forth might give your your 1st fish.
Keep an eye out on the horizon for the winds, if it looks like a dark line to venture to far. Good Luck!

Iceman
11-09-2005, 07:27 AM
Gus, I think I know that rock :D

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d151/Iceman619/calico.jpg

Hey, I still have this custom bait tank. Shall we start the bidding at $2? :lol:

Zed
11-09-2005, 07:28 AM
I'll be there, Wed pm to Sunday pm.
Going to make the final wx call Friday the 18th.

Z

Gus
11-09-2005, 07:36 AM
Custom Bait Tank?????????
Now Im interested.........

Iceman
11-09-2005, 02:13 PM
Troy, Are you planning on staying at Campo La Jolla?

Zed
11-09-2005, 02:16 PM
Troy, Are you planning on staying at Campo La Jolla?
Aye.
Should arrive about 10:00pm Wednesday night.

Z

CalamARI
11-13-2005, 04:19 PM
I had some other friends who were talking about hitting up the area that weekend. If they flake (highly probable), I'm down to hit it with you all. ~Ari

iron90
11-15-2005, 06:42 PM
Hey Iceman,

I plan to be down at my house in La Bufadora from Wednesday night until Sunday around noon.

HobieTom said a few others plan to fish one of the days. I will look for you at the 1st class ramp. :lol:

Marty

Not sure how to post pics on the site??????

Tobey
11-16-2005, 09:34 AM
Andy, Troy I kind of planned to head down to PST for a Wed. to Monday
get out of OB break but think I'll shift to La Buf. Tobey

Holy Mackerel
11-16-2005, 09:47 AM
Tobey,

I got your VHF, Tarp, and fleece from Colonet, you may need them. Give me call, and I can drop them off, or you can stop by!

Chris

Ken,

If you are reading this, I got your blow up doll, I mean mattress, hat, umbrella, small cooler( I have used haha!) and life vest! Same instructions to you!

Wish I could make this trip, but hitting the desert for some 4 wheeling, and dirt bikes that weekend!

Chris 8)

Zed
11-16-2005, 10:38 AM
Friday's creeping closer, and the extended weather is looking better and better (depending on perspective).

Hope to see you Tobey.

Z

Iceman
11-17-2005, 06:55 AM
The guy that works part time for me, has a full time job and does not want to work through the weekend, but I have not given up. Sounds like a good group will be there!

HobieTom
11-20-2005, 05:06 PM
I just heard about this tonight from Iron90. I am trying to plan it now. Did you say you are staying at LJ beach camp and not at La Bufadora? Is LJBC at Estero Bay? I hear there are big SBB there. I made it almost to the point from LB once. I was alone and the wind kicked up so I turned back. Good lings and calicos off the rocks. That big white rock taught me a lesson. Not to be down wind of a big white rock. I have to do Thanksgiving Thurs. night. I will probably do a Friday to Sun. thing if I can swing it.
If anyone has Nextel DC, it works good down there for communicating.

Zed
11-21-2005, 06:07 AM
Looks like the weather break is around the 1st week of Dec, so we're a go.

Z

Tobey
11-21-2005, 07:53 AM
Zed, where you goimg to camp? I'm heading down Wed or Thru. am
Tobey

Zed
11-21-2005, 08:44 AM
We'll be on the beach @ La Joya, Wed night - Sun, East of the ramp.
We're cooking camp turkey on Thursday. Follow your nose. Should be fair weather, and fine paddling.

Look for my verde limon OK.

Z