PDA

View Full Version : Left them biting last night

Kayak_Bernie
05-17-2016, 10:49 AM
So glad we have this new bass forum!

I was out for a quick Mission Bay session last night on the L2Fish after work. I started out with a carolina rigged berkley gulp ghost shrimp, landed a few small spotties but the bites were timid and seemed like small fish. Decided to switch it up and I moved from the carolina rig to a z-man chatterbait (red head, gold blade) with a z-man jerk shad (smokey shad color) This was the ticket!!! In the 1.5 hours I fished with the chatterbait I landed 7 fish over 14" one was almost 17" ( The big one pulled drag and fought so hard and had such vicious head shakes I thought I had a keeper halibut) I got about another 5 or so between 12-14 and one more micro bass. Tide was slack I started fishing at 6:00PM high tide was at 7:20PM and I fished until to was dark around 8:10PM
The best was that I didnt have to go far from where I parked right in from of the Bahia on the northside of the cove, just outside of the swimming zone. Wind was blowing west to east and I was drifting across the bay towards Tidal and Barefoot Bar ( great places to eat BTW) This was the first time I really fished after work, it wont be the last. Around 7:30 i looked around and I was the ONLY person out there and the fish were absolutely SLAMMING the z-man chatterbait. Great way to end a Monday!!! Hope to see you out on the water! Next time you see the big guy on the catamaran hull SUP stop by and say hey.

Cheers,

Bernie

Scoot
05-17-2016, 04:38 PM
Awesome brother! Thanks for the report.

murphy
05-18-2016, 07:54 AM
Wow man. That middle picture is awesome. Nice report and great info on the zmanzzzz:cheers1:

Kayak_Bernie
05-18-2016, 08:50 AM
Wow man. That middle picture is awesome. Nice report and great info on the zmanzzzz:cheers1:

Thanks Murphy ! What this pic doesn't show is the fact I am in about 10" of water, Nice guy on the beach saw me struggling to take a picture of the SUP and the sunset and took it for me. If you see me out there come over and say hey, always looking for a buddy to fish with!