PDA

View Full Version : Vail Report

KirkG.
06-03-2016, 01:09 PM
The water level is way down but for kayakers it's a blessing in disguise because no boat's can launch so we have the lake to ourselves.

Fished a couple days this week and the bite has finally turned around for me. I landed over 30 fish on Monday and close to that again on Thursday. Fishing the coolbait underspin right next to cover was the way to go. Managed bass, catfish (up to 15lbs), carp and crappie and left them bitting both day's.

octico
06-03-2016, 01:55 PM
Does Vail have any restrictions to the type of kayak you can use? Restrictions similar to Skinner?

IslanderFishing
06-03-2016, 04:07 PM
Does Vail have any restrictions to the type of kayak you can use? Restrictions similar to Skinner?

No, they don't have restrictions like Skinner. Have launched our Hobie Oasis and PAs with no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stevie951
06-03-2016, 05:14 PM

John, we fished together that one time out in NPH i met up with You Silbaugh n clan, have not fished with you since but Silbaugh n I still keep on touch....

We have a Timeshare @ Sundance Meadows, it is a campground about a mile drive from the east side of the lake, let me know brotha, we can set up a weekend to get out there, camp and kill some beautiful bass!

Tight Lines:cheers1:

kobra
06-04-2016, 07:00 PM
Glad to hear you're having fun out there Kirk. Hope the bite stays hot for you.