PDA

View Full Version : 11/11 day on the water

madscientist
11-12-2005, 11:10 AM
Launched around 6:00am into minimal surf. Went north and found greenies out deep. Caught severel dozen for bug bait and headed out to the flattie grounds. Worked the usual areas for a one big turdroller, more lobster bait. Went to another area and ran into Lou Dog having about the same luck. While we were chatting I got slammed but as it took off I predicted leopard and, yep, it was. Went back to the finger of scripps canyon for a couple reds in amongst various small starries and wormaccios. Landed around 3:00. Wife said she wanted to watch some chick movie and that I should go hooping. Alrighty.

Went home, ate the rockfish, got the nets and launched again around 6:30pm. Bugs were on a steady crawl, not a lot, but keeper:short ratio was about 1:1. Limited in 2.5 hours and landed around 10:00pm into non-existent surf. Half the bugs were a tuna down payment to Nelz, but here's the other half.

http://www.bloodydecks.com/gallery/files/4/7/3/0/DSC09730.JPG

Spinal Tap
11-12-2005, 01:58 PM
I was out there for about 1 1/2 hrs and got a limit minus one. I found a hole in the bottom of my bag. I guess I snagged it on a part of the reef or something. I saw one light just west of boomers and figured it was a kayak hooper. The vis. was awesome and the bugs were mostly out. There were some big boys not willing to come out when I was in the water.

Went out earlier in the week and got a limit of sculpin, one octopus, and a bug. The bug was the incidental catch.

Nate