PDA

View Full Version : 19 NOVEMBER HOW event

makobob
11-01-2016, 11:08 AM
Is it only 18 days until the final and BIGGEST event of the year???
Have you signed up yet? Come on out and join us and our veterans for a great day on the water, and maybe meet the founder of HOW.

tacmik
11-01-2016, 02:49 PM
Just an FYI. It will be at Tidelands and NOT at Mission Bay.

chris138
11-01-2016, 03:38 PM
Signed up just now as an OTW mentor. Glad to be able to help.

I'll have this event, then going to Gonzaga 3 days later. So pumped for November!!

makobob
11-02-2016, 06:33 AM
Will be good to see you again Chris.

Signed up just now as an OTW mentor. Glad to be able to help.

I'll have this event, then going to Gonzaga 3 days later. So pumped for November!!

chris138
11-02-2016, 01:04 PM
Will be good to see you again Chris.

You too Bob!! Thanks for getting me out there, you were right... It feels awesome to see the guests out there having a blast on the water.

I'm hoping to pick your brain a little bit before Linsey and I head down to Gonzaga on the 23rd. We are more than a little excited about the reports from your last trip:eek:

tacmik
11-09-2016, 03:37 PM
Want to thank everyone that came out to our last event to help and to invite you to our next, and , last, event of the year. Because of all the help we have had from our Kayak fishing community. We have set a record as to the number of Vets that have come though our program. With the help of all the old and new mentors, we would like to make this, our last event of the year, the biggest yet. Please help us to send the Vets into the holiday season with a grin on their face and a day of peace. We can only do this with your help. The last event of the year is on the 19th of this month and it will be at TIDELANDS, not Mission Bay. Let us show our guests how Heroes On the Water, SOCAL. Puts on an event. Sign up now on Eventbrite. Thanks. Mike

makobob
11-11-2016, 05:52 PM
Help us make this our best outing of the year. With almost 40 mentors coming we NEED more Veterans. You know a vet who could use a change in their lives, bring them out. Thank you and hope to see you there.

chris138
11-21-2016, 08:15 AM
Great event. Thanks for having me.

Seemed like the big wigs from HOW were having a good time. :)

MITCHELL
11-21-2016, 08:22 AM
Here : )

tacmik
11-21-2016, 04:43 PM
I just want to say that I am extremely humbled and proud of all that has been accomplished this past year. NONE of it would have been possible without the AWESOME help of our great kayaking community that has given up numerous Saturdays to help our Veterans that have given so much for the rest of our country. Without YOU there would be no HOW. Thank you very much. Go into the Holiday season knowing you have made the difference in over 500 Vets lives. THANK YOU and hope to see you all when we start up again next year. We salute you. Mike.

Kayak_Bernie
11-23-2016, 08:54 AM
I am thankful for all of those that have put there own life on the line to protect my freedoms.
I am thankful for all of the veterans who have participated in HOW this year and in years past.
I am thankful for the amazing volunteers and mentors that give up their day to help others.
I am thankful that something that I love and I am passionate about can bring joy and relief to someone who may be struggling.
I am thankful for the fact that we helped OVER 500 veterans this year!!!
I am thankful to be part of a team of people committed to help even more veterans next year.
I am thankful that we have and continue to make a difference!!

FISH11
11-24-2016, 01:23 PM
Here are a few pictures from last Saturday's event before my small Nikon took a dump!