PDA

View Full Version : Shasta Bass Kayak Classic

Iceman
02-01-2017, 09:12 AM
OEX Sunset Beach might be interested in sponsoring the right person's $100 entry. :D

http://www.shastabasskayakclassic.com/

goldenglory18
02-01-2017, 09:50 AM
OEX Sunset Beach might be interested in sponsoring the right person's $100 entry. :D

http://www.shastabasskayakclassic.com/

Hmmmm......... LOL

hook1fred
02-02-2017, 05:43 PM
I'd consider fishing it if it weren't so far. I've fished a few tourneys at Shasta and faired pretty good from my boat but never from a kayak.

Baja_Traveler
02-02-2017, 08:06 PM
Nope - never going back there again.
Drove up several years ago and fished for a week, every single location I put in I was pestered by sheriff in their little boats to keep no more than a few feet from the shore. All the good fishing was in the deeper center sections of the various arms I was fishing in.
Woke up one day at O'dark thirty and headed out to try to get a little quiet time ahead of the water skiers, as soon as it got light there they were buzzing up and down blasting music and going as fast as the boat could go.
Heck, I even got yelled at by a sheriff for crossing an intersecting arm while making my way back to the truck at the end of the day. Screw them...

goldenglory18
02-03-2017, 06:23 AM
I'd consider fishing it if it weren't so far. I've fished a few tourneys at Shasta and faired pretty good from my boat but never from a kayak.

That's my problem. I'd have to leave LA on Thursday and prefish Friday, just to have a decent chance at catching anything over the weekend.

Hopefully I can get back into the 'yak tourney fishing here in CA, but I don't think this is the best one to start with...

- KT

WARRIORMIKE
02-03-2017, 02:42 PM
Could be a great tourney. Prespawn to spawning time.

5-20
03-14-2017, 01:39 PM
Tempted. If the tourney was the following weekend I'd be a lot more interested. As it is, I'll probably have to pass.

Pocoloco
03-15-2017, 08:25 AM
nice yak. :cool: