PDA

View Full Version : Why easy low and slow......4/21/17

MITCHELL
04-27-2017, 03:29 AM
3 things I like to do Y easy low and slow....
a golf swing, cooking ribs, and fishing shiners......
I decided to fish San vicente one last time before next season, so I stop by east county bait and tackle and pick up a dozen medum shiners.
After swinging a blade for over 33years, meaning a plaster trowel I'm really not into casting a bass jig all day. I like working live bait on the bottom and watching my graph with my trolling motor and steering call me a lazy bass fishermen if you may....
The day started out at first light and really windy
I decided to fish the east side starting at the dam.
Not really feeling confident about fishing in the wind dagger keel down and canoe still moving around a lot I keep trying to work shiners on the bottom with one tangle and no luck, finally the wind dies down after the sun comes up. I'm fishing a lite spinning reel with braided line carolina rigged with sliding eggs sinker,20lb florocarbon leader #4 or 6 wire hook and a buggy whipp rod. I have a black felt pen mark on my braided line at 25 ft make it easy to keep track of depth when watching my graph. Feeling confident now that the wind died down I start dropping shiners down into the trough on my graph and staying between 20 and 30 ft, real slow with the trolling motor. Well I start to hookup and pulling the bass into deep water with trolling motor to fight with my lite spinning reel they peeled line off. I have two bait casters, but just use my lite spinning setup. I ended up going down the east side and around the island and back to the launch fishing all the way. It was a dozen shiners for 8 bass I think and a fun day

goldenglory18
04-27-2017, 05:44 AM
Beautiful fish!

makobob
04-27-2017, 09:29 AM
Because ribs are just better when cooked SLOW and LOW and it is easy too.

Deamon
04-27-2017, 09:42 AM
You're alright Mitchell...:luxhello:

Sea Hair
04-27-2017, 11:14 AM
Nice catch! Those are some fat ones!