PDA

View Full Version : Heroes on the water june 24th and july 8th

monstahfish
06-11-2017, 09:29 AM
Heroes on the Water is having events on June 24th and July 8th and we need you! For those who have come before and have already signed up :you_rock: For those who haven't give it a try! Doing good and fishing are a great combo. The more volunteers we get, the more tickets I can release for our disabled vets and first responders so sign up early and often.
https://www.eventbrite.com/o/socal-chapter-8158308179

FISH11
06-11-2017, 11:50 AM
Shane I'm scheduled to work and don't have any time off left to use. So unfortunately I'll have to miss this up coming one and will check my work schedule for the rest of HOW events schedule.

monstahfish
06-14-2017, 06:10 AM
Bump! What am I missing? Last year we had tons of volunteers and were able to serve hundreds of vets. This year, over a hundred people showed up to fish the same area for our tournament which we really appreciate, but almost none of you have signed up to mentor. Our next event is the 24th and I'm hoping to get at least 6 more mentors by then. I can't release more tickets to the vets unless I know we have the horsepower to handle them. If you want to give feedback and there is something I've missed send me a PM and I'll work on it. Let's go people! These men and women have gone through hell to keep us safe, the least we can do is get them out on the water and show them a good time.

Bruntoj
06-14-2017, 10:47 AM
Bump! What am I missing? Last year we had tons of volunteers and were able to serve hundreds of vets. This year, over a hundred people showed up to fish the same area for our tournament which we really appreciate, but almost none of you have signed up to mentor. Our next event is the 24th and I'm hoping to get at least 6 more mentors by then. I can't release more tickets to the vets unless I know we have the horsepower to handle them. If you want to give feedback and there is something I've missed send me a PM and I'll work on it. Let's go people! These men and women have gone through hell to keep us safe, the least we can do is get them out on the water and show them a good time.

Can I legally park my kayak trailer in the parking lot at OEX MB? I'm guilty on 2 counts: Not yet shopping at OEX and not yet volunteering [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pocoloco
06-14-2017, 12:05 PM
done/6/24:reel:

goldenglory18
06-14-2017, 01:01 PM
I should be good for the July 8th date.

I might need to pick someones brain about gear/fishing specifics as I've never fishing in the SD harbors before. If someone can key me in so I can help my guest be more successful I'd appreciate it!

- Kenny

monstahfish
06-14-2017, 02:17 PM
Can I legally park my kayak trailer in the parking lot at OEX MB? I'm guilty on 2 counts: Not yet shopping at OEX and not yet volunteering [emoji3]

When I have a trailer I usually drop my boat and park at the ramp a few hundred yards away. Here's a map https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B8-ib-34TrExeXA0dzJuejJUMzA?usp=sharing
As for tackle 10 pound test, plastics and jigheads (weedless if possible) in 1/4-3/4oz. Baitfish or shrimp patterns work great. Dropshots to keep your bait out of the grass work well too. Fairly easy fishing so we can get the vets hooked up.

MITCHELL
06-14-2017, 02:20 PM
Yep....

FISH11
06-14-2017, 02:27 PM
No bueno for the 24th. Both the 8th and 29th of July look good.

Bruntoj
06-14-2017, 02:39 PM
Doh! Didn't realize there was a boat ramp down there by the aquatics center. Thanks.

goldenglory18
06-14-2017, 03:03 PM
As for tackle 10 pound test, plastics and jigheads (weedless if possible) in 1/4-3/4oz. Baitfish or shrimp patterns work great. Dropshots to keep your bait out of the grass work well too.

That's my strike zone. LOL

:cheers1:

Hydronaut
06-15-2017, 06:20 PM
Shane, I'm available for both.:you_rock:

tacmik
06-18-2017, 06:22 AM
bump

goldenglory18
06-23-2017, 07:04 AM
Just registered as a Volunteer for the 8th. See you guys then!

- Kenny