View Full Version : Catch and release

_Obed
07-06-2017, 06:32 PM
heres some car footage out of lj.

https://youtu.be/CAg2ug2J_58

hope yall enjoy.

FullFlavorPike
07-06-2017, 08:15 PM
When the fatty macs choke down an entire treble hook tho... I am always amazed that a greenback can try to swallow a Salas 7x

FISH11
07-06-2017, 09:08 PM
Great video compilation Obed. Some really nice Calicos.

King Saba
07-06-2017, 10:41 PM
Do you get sore ass from sitting on that stealth? And what's your top speed? I hear it's a fast ski as the Aussies and South Africans call it.

taggermike
07-07-2017, 07:55 AM
Looks like some fun fishing. You're gonna hook a big yellow on that bass of and be busy for a 1/2 hour or so.
Since yakkers end up handling fish in our laps you might want to confider removing the front treble from your plugs. Mike

blitzburgh
07-07-2017, 08:33 AM
Cool video! :cheers1:

goldenglory18
07-07-2017, 08:36 AM
What jerk/rip bait are you throwing? I love chucking rip baits for bass but havent been able to find one I love in the salt yet....

Thanks for sharing!

EDIT: Holy crap, what lbs test are you using?!?! https://youtu.be/CAg2ug2J_58?t=5m27s

Sheephead
07-07-2017, 07:46 PM
Im always at work when I see your vid's posted... remind me to check them out next time im on the water! It's Ryan.

_Obed
07-09-2017, 08:31 PM
Great video compilation Obed. Some really nice Calicos.

thanks mark.

_Obed
07-09-2017, 08:34 PM
Do you get sore ass from sitting on that stealth? And what's your top speed? I hear it's a fast ski as the Aussies and South Africans call it.

as surprising as it sounds i dont really. its a very comfy ride, but i added a seat a few weeks ago and its great added comfort. top speed, idk maybe around 6 mph depends on current and all that.

_Obed
07-09-2017, 08:40 PM
Looks like some fun fishing. You're gonna hook a big yellow on that bass of and be busy for a 1/2 hour or so.
Since yakkers end up handling fish in our laps you might want to confider removing the front treble from your plugs. Mike

yeah i have ran into a yt while trolling lures. its just more fun on smaller gear sometimes.

... on our laps, madness!

_Obed
07-09-2017, 08:42 PM
What jerk/rip bait are you throwing? I love chucking rip baits for bass but havent been able to find one I love in the salt yet....

Thanks for sharing!

EDIT: Holy crap, what lbs test are you using?!?! https://youtu.be/CAg2ug2J_58?t=5m27s

few different ones,

luckycrafts and rapalas

and line weight usually on my bass gear is 12-20# flouro.

goldenglory18
07-10-2017, 08:21 AM
few different ones,

luckycrafts and rapalas

and line weight usually on my bass gear is 12-20# flouro.

I thought that was what I saw. I've been throwing the saltwater LC baits with mixed results. I want to try some of the new Rapala stuff and see if that helps at all. That and switch the trebles out for single saltwater friendly hooks. I keep snagging stuff in the marinas and I think the single hooks will help with that.

Your line looks WAY heavier that 20lbs. Must be how the light is hitting it but in the video it looks like 50lbs+. Like a phone cord. LOL :cheers1:

Thanks for the info!

_Obed
07-16-2017, 09:46 AM
I thought that was what I saw. I've been throwing the saltwater LC baits with mixed results. I want to try some of the new Rapala stuff and see if that helps at all. That and switch the trebles out for single saltwater friendly hooks. I keep snagging stuff in the marinas and I think the single hooks will help with that.

Your line looks WAY heavier that 20lbs. Must be how the light is hitting it but in the video it looks like 50lbs+. Like a phone cord. LOL :cheers1:

Thanks for the info!

lol
yeah anytime.