View Full Version : Twosday in LJ

Arne
11-29-2005, 10:09 AM
I've gotta go cut some fish - back with the details in a bit:

http://www.bloodydecks.com/gallery/files/1/8/7/1/Tailof2tails.jpg

Arne :shock:

Dennis
11-29-2005, 10:15 AM
All I got to say is.... DAAAAAMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNN... Nice yellows, Arne. I should have gone this morning. DETAILS PLEASE!!!
-Dennis

vellocity
11-29-2005, 10:24 AM
nice job Arne!
rumblings at the top of the WCW point leaders!

no "should haves" in fishing Dennis... only did's and didn't's
see you tomorrowAM
i on the other hand COULDN'T go this morning. and DIDN'T go on Monday..

what the hell, i thought this season was over already!!

Pat
11-29-2005, 10:37 AM
Get this:

The smaller tail shown in Arne's pic is 44" long!

madscientist
11-29-2005, 10:43 AM
Alright, none of this coy bullshit for me. Here's my fish, love it or leave it. Thanks for the bait, "Golden boy", and for making sure I got the midget of the bunch (23#).

http://www.bloodydecks.com/gallery/files/4/7/3/0/DSC09781.JPG

Frickin Arne. See you all out there tomorrow AM. 8)

bigderel
11-29-2005, 10:46 AM
all i can say is....

http://www.southparkstudios.com/downloads/display_sound.php?snd=http://images.southparkstudios.com/media/sounds/314/IHATEYOUGUYS.wav&snd_name=I%20hate%20you%20guys%20so%20very,%20very %20much&tab=30

Good work the last couple of days...two more days until I can start hittin' weekdays...aaaaagh

Dennis
11-29-2005, 10:57 AM
You're right, Nelz... No more cryin' for me. See you tomorrow.
Brad, congrats!!

twinfin
11-29-2005, 11:40 AM
I was merely a spectator, photo boy and customer of Arne's bait barge.

Two hookups for me, one on iron, one on bait. The bait fish was most likely toothy--hooked him right on the surface when my line was pulled in close to take photos of the PIGS that Arne caught and change bait. It fought funny and sliced my leader clean after a few minutes. Crazy thing was, when my bait was picked up, it was about 5 ft. directly below my yak (and Arne's blood bath). The iron strike came 5 minutes later on a deadstick'd b/w. My rod was pinned in the holder for a bit and then once free'd I got 20 seconds of fight, and the hook pulled!!! It was the right kind, and was pulling HARD!

It was fun. It's been real quiet for me lately, so any action is good action. Bring your friggin ear muff's, it ain't summer out there anymore!!

Dan :D :D :D :D

madscientist
11-29-2005, 11:48 AM
Bring your friggin ear muff's, it ain't summer out there anymore!!

Dan :D :D :D :D

My car's thermometer read 46 this morning as I drove down. A tit nipply for the first hour, but it warmed up nicely once the sun came out and the breeze died.

lamb
11-29-2005, 11:50 AM
talking about continued suspense…

Right on guys! 8)

Arne
11-29-2005, 12:39 PM
Decided to go against conventional wisdom and used bait again - yoyoing makes my arms tired ... but then again, so did these guys:

http://www.bloodydecks.com/gallery/files/1/8/7/1/11-29-05YTtwosday1.jpg

The first one was before sun up - took me for a sideways ride in the choppy slop. Had my big and chunky YT on deck so I distributed some bait and sent one of my last two greenies out. My paddle back to "the spot" was disrupted by a massive hit. This one spun me around and then headed for a lobster buoy. Luckily, it didn't want to sit and circle around the buoy so I was able to clear the rope and continued with the sleigh ride. Finally got her to color, gaffed and bled her, and thought this one could be pushing forty. Its tail was hanging in the water like the 43#er I caught in January so I was stoked and ready to paddle in.

Threw the last one down and started paddling and got absolutely hammered by a third yellow. This one was peeling line and almost had me spooled before I got a handle on it - then it spit the hook and I paddled in.

When I stuck the tape on them on the beach the first one, the smaller one, measured 44 inches. I got pretty excited about then sinced the other was a tad bigger. Stuck the tape on her and I was shocked to see it top out at just over 52 inches.

I didn't bother weighing them - straight to the b/t store by my office for an official weight. When I asked if their scale was up an running he said yes, and could I bring the fish into the shop in a bucket - a bucket I said?

The first one hit the scale at a whopping 39 lbs. 14 oz. :cool:

The second one floored me ....

:shock:

:D

:D

:mrgreen:

52 lbs. 8 oz.

GET OUT THERE!!!!

Arne 8)

Holy Mackerel
11-29-2005, 12:51 PM
52 lbs. 8 oz.

HOLY SH*T!!!! Nice job!!! I might have to quit my job, or wait, "cough, cough..." Seriously awesome pair of fish!

Chris

madscientist
11-29-2005, 12:59 PM
Wow Arne! Paddling in I was mentally revising my estimate to over 40, but I guess it was super duper chunky. Tremendous fish!

twinfin
11-29-2005, 01:08 PM
A new record for kayak YT, I believe. 8) 8)

Deluxe yellow, again, congrats.

bigderel
11-29-2005, 01:10 PM
Holy carp batman. Those are some pigs, maybe my "two weeks notice" will have to end today, not Thursday...I'll venture a guess you've got people coming down with the flu left and right!

Iceman
11-29-2005, 01:25 PM
Brad congrats on getting one!

Arne, only you could go out there and blow me out of the water. I am in awe of your fish catching abilities :D

WOWWWWWWW!!!!! You supersized me!

gabe
11-29-2005, 01:41 PM
Arne what an incredible catch, and nice fish on top of that. That is an awesome day on the water. Now I'm gonna make every possible effort to head down there on thursday morning. Who will be down there?

congrats again Arne

gabe

dmr
11-29-2005, 02:05 PM
Wow...an inspiring and motivating catch

Aaron&Julie
11-29-2005, 04:42 PM
...just kidding!
Congratulations on 2 outstanding yellowtail. Aaron's moping around the house, because he saw the weather window and backed out of going to take care of home repairs.
Chores especially suck when yellows beckon you to go. Even worse when they're toads like yours.
Couldn't happen to a nicer guy though, way to slay them!
Maybe when Julie's broken foot is healed next week there will still be some around for us :) .

blackcloud9
11-29-2005, 06:31 PM
Extra extra nice fish Arne. Nothing like catching a fiddy, huh? :wink: Congrats on smashing the record which held for about 30 days! I had predicted it would hold for "quite awhile" :roll:

aguachico
11-29-2005, 06:34 PM
Hey Arne;

Good job on the toad YT. I think I'll wait a week or so to report from Baja :roll:

katchfish
11-29-2005, 06:40 PM
Holy crap!!

They don’t call you GOLDEN BOY for nothing!! :wink:

Awesome catch Arne.

Brad, nice yellowtail. :twisted:

Some of us suckas have to work. :cry:

Ken

Calcutta
11-29-2005, 07:24 PM
WOW!! 50+ fork, the real deal- hearty congrats on those pigs!!!

Backing it up with a 40 is unbelievable...

Hook 1
11-30-2005, 03:14 AM
That is just unreal. Nice fish Arne.
Ken "The Job" would be getting paid to fish, smoke gars,
and drink beer.

Mr_PeaCH
11-30-2005, 05:26 AM
Arne,

By my quick calculations that's about 92.5# of 'tail. Better luck next time for bringing in a triple-digit haul. :wink:

Seriously though...

Just... wow.

mars
11-30-2005, 06:06 AM
Damn man! Once a gain, nice fish.

-kvn

Arne
11-30-2005, 06:53 AM
Thanks guys and gal - I'm still livin' a dream and walking around with a big smile ...

Not sure if this matters, but the girth was 27 inches and the fork was about 13 inches.

Feels good to pull on those big ones Larry - but mine may only last 24 hours. I wouldn't be surprised to hear of a bigger yellow landed today. There are some HUGE fish out there right now - I've never seen line scream off my reel like it did with the third one that spit the hook (what was I thinking???).

Hey Art - I've been looking forward to the Punta Abreojos posts from you and C-Level. Let's hear it. That's my next stop.

my arms hurt 8)

Arne

Mr Mugu
11-30-2005, 08:11 AM
A new record for kayak YT, I believe. 8) 8)

Congrats Arne! And Twin is right...just need to e-mail Spike with the info and pics. The records were just updated with Larry's new addition...looks like it needs to be updated again.

Lou Dog
11-30-2005, 05:33 PM
Geez, what a nice catch, it looks like that bird next to your yak is sitting on your paddle! Congrat's on the new record! LD

scwafish
12-01-2005, 04:49 AM
Amazing score. Any other pics?

Razorback
12-03-2005, 05:23 PM
Great write up in todays San Diego Union Sports section:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20051203/news_lz1s3kayak.html

Nice pic of the reigning Tail King.

Who's Next????