PDA

View Full Version : Any tips for fishing Silverwood lake?

45user
05-09-2018, 07:56 AM
Anyone fish at Silverwood lake on kayak? I will be heading there over the Memorial Day weekend for one night camping and my buddy and I will be taking our kayaks for some fishing.
Thought about trolling some hard baits and fish for LMB on the usual stuff. Ive never fished in Silverwood lake so any intels/tips would be appreciated.
Thank you!

rhyak
05-09-2018, 12:39 PM
I have not fished it in a couple years, but its has a decent population of stripped bass and they have been putting brown trout in the last year or so which will hit those hard baits as well.

RH

45user
05-09-2018, 01:17 PM
I have not fished it in a couple years, but its has a decent population of stripped bass and they have been putting brown trout in the last year or so which will hit those hard baits as well.

RH

Thanks for your reply! You have any tips on what kind of hard bait to use? I was thinking using lucky craft flashminnow for trolling.
Thanks in advance!

mrJB
05-09-2018, 02:59 PM
Used to fish Silverwood for stripers, can get pretty good...

Sorry to say but Memorial Day will be a real ZOO with inconsiderate boaters racing around, water-skiers, wake boarders, etc. Also campsites will be full-up (if you do not have reservations).

Best times to fish the stripers is just at daybreak or just at nightfall. They are available the rest of the day at depths, but boat traffic will scare them off. Get up early to avoid the boaters and watch for the boils. Almost any bait will work when they are feeding, including artificials, anchovies, even nightcrawlers.

Good luck!

45user
05-09-2018, 04:23 PM
Used to fish Silverwood for stripers, can get pretty good...

Sorry to say but Memorial Day will be a real ZOO with inconsiderate boaters racing around, water-skiers, wake boarders, etc. Also campsites will be full-up (if you do not have reservations).

Best times to fish the stripers is just at daybreak or just at nightfall. They are available the rest of the day at depths, but boat traffic will scare them off. Get up early to avoid the boaters and watch for the boils. Almost any bait will work when they are feeding, including artificials, anchovies, even nightcrawlers.

Good luck!

Thanks for your reply!
I’m planning to fish early morning of the memeorial day Monday.
Hopefully we get some!

YakDout
05-09-2018, 04:49 PM
Surface iron will get it done if the big ones are willing to bite. There are some really big stripers in there.

45user
05-09-2018, 10:53 PM
Surface iron will get it done if the big ones are willing to bite. There are some really big stripers in there.

You mean the regular surface irons we throw for yellowtail?
Thank you!

YakDout
05-10-2018, 03:20 AM
You mean the regular surface irons we throw for yellowtail?

Thank you!

Yep, bigger stripers will crush em.

45user
05-10-2018, 11:19 AM
Yep, bigger stripers will crush em.

Thank you!
I will give it a go!