PDA

View Full Version : LJ 5/17 PM shift

lamb
05-17-2008, 09:28 PM
Beautiful evening at LJ. Forgot my camera, I missed out on some awesome sunset pics.

Lotso bait, sardines are thick. macks are there too.

Jasmin and I worked the kelp edge for a couple of calicos and a few zings.

Brownish water well beyond the reserve with crap floating on the surface. It gets better further down south. Visibility is pretty low.

We sucked... :bandit:

...but we had a blast. :D

FISHIONADO
05-17-2008, 10:07 PM
Hey Adi, thanks for the report. I've been so busy with work and family I haven't fished since the last day of March, and that day I launched 2 hours before sunset and ended up sharing stories and beers with OB Paul while soaking bait out near Anchor Rock, about a mile out from the launch.

I'm camping at San Elijo St Beach this weekend, using my Qualcomm wireless technology to connect to the internet. My arms feel like noodles from surfing with my kids. They are good for 6 or more hours of surfing, I'm toast after 2-3 hours.

Lots of kelp outside the smooth rock reef at San Elijo, but I haven't seen anyone fishing it.

Rusty
05-18-2008, 09:41 PM
Thanks for the update Adi. I was thinking about paddling this morning, then saw this post and the half day reports and chose the latter:cool:. Went out near the 'nados and got limits of bonies, and then headed over to PL and got into some Cuda. At least it was something. They're coming out of the smoker in a few minutes..smell good. Water wasn't too bad in PL.

h2ofishfo
05-19-2008, 08:19 PM
[quote=FISHIONADO;

Lots of kelp outside the smooth rock reef at San Elijo, but I haven't seen anyone fishing it.[/quote]cause theres huge sets!!! yaked fished there once lotsa calicos for only a 50yd paddle 2 the kelp but sketchy to land fosho:kayak-surfer: