PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Kayak Questions

jhernandez
03-04-2019, 09:09 AM
Am sure this question has been ask before but giving the opportunity which Kayak would you buy for a 2nd Kayak for quick trips.

1. Radar 135

or

2. Hobie Compass

goldenglory18
03-04-2019, 10:15 AM
Am sure this question has been ask before but giving the opportunity which Kayak would you buy for a 2nd Kayak for quick trips.

1. Radar 135

or

2. Hobie Compass

If I already have a pedal boat and have a limited budget, Radar.
If I want to tinker around and have a non-limited budget, Compass.

Any non-hobie yak has a terrible resale value here in SoCal. That's another variable I'd consider...

jhernandez
03-04-2019, 11:49 AM
If I already have a pedal boat and have a limited budget, Radar.
If I want to tinker around and have a non-limited budget, Compass.

Any non-hobie yak has a terrible resale value here in SoCal. That's another variable I'd consider...

I currently have a Hobie PA12 but that thing is a beast, I want something light that does not have all the bells and whistles my PA has, something for quick trips with 2 rods. I also want to fish SD and hauling my PA 12 down there which gets tricky. I like the Radar and the concept of the drive but I have heard people mention that the propeller if not careful gets line and other things tangled and require a bit more maintenance than the Hobie Drive but at the same time I like the quick turn from forward to reverse.

goldenglory18
03-04-2019, 12:01 PM
I currently have a Hobie PA12 but that thing is a beast, I want something light that does not have all the bells and whistles my PA has, something for quick trips with 2 rods. I also want to fish SD and hauling my PA 12 down there which gets tricky. I like the Radar and the concept of the drive but I have heard people mention that the propeller if not careful gets line and other things tangled and require a bit more maintenance than the Hobie Drive but at the same time I like the quick turn from forward to reverse.

For your need as described, I'd go Radar (with a paddle) and enjoy the hell out of it!

Mahigeer
03-04-2019, 01:13 PM
Hobie Inflatable.