PDA

View Full Version : 12/7 LJ morning

Useful Idiot
12-07-2005, 10:15 AM
Early morning session before work today. Off the water by 9. Joined the floatilla of private boaters and yakkers out front and watched a private boat hook up twice and another couple guys in an aluminum lose one. Then it turned wide open. Every drop was a hookup...... on lizard fish. After 8 or 9 of the slimy buggers it was time to head in. Seems the yellowtail are on squid right now, so plan accordingly. Easy launch, light wind.
-Brian

Iceman
12-07-2005, 12:03 PM
About 25 yaks and 25 PBers and only 5 fish caught, one by a yak, most on live squid. Lots of lil greenies out there and squid, but the yellars made a really weak showing . I think the few that were caught came through around 7:30. Nothing but bait for me.

bigeye
12-07-2005, 03:55 PM
Thanks to the morning crew for helping out a newbie. I wish I would have put on the live squid sooner, they got nailed both times I used them. I think that was the hot ticket. Wish I'd of brought a squid jig. The ones I caught were on the bottom on a 6X. Good luck to all. Thanks Andy. Cris

PEMEX
12-07-2005, 04:29 PM
The one I got this morning was on the one sqid I made before dawn. Funny thing is that it's stomach was EMPTY? Warming up the grill.

PEMEX
12-08-2005, 04:30 PM
Forgot to mention something...on my way in I came up on a white sea bass floating on the surface belly up. I got to about 30 feet from it before it righted itself, then slowly sounded. The fish was about 4 to 5 feet long, it was a pig! I thought someone had lost a paddle when I saw it, it was that long.

Dennis
12-08-2005, 04:56 PM
Jose,
How close were you to it?

Corey
12-08-2005, 05:51 PM
Jose, you sure it was a white and not a black? Nice yello bro. I ended up farming one at about 10am. I hooked up with my last squid on the bottom in 105 feet and broke it off on 20# when my drag seized up during its 4th or 5th run. It felt big. Lesa said she could hear me scream "F*CK" from her office in Costa Mesa. It was all I could do not to throw my rig into the drink. After that it was wide open on greenbacks on the iron. I dragged one around for a while but no takers.

get bent,

corey

PEMEX
12-08-2005, 06:25 PM
It was a Whitey for sure. I got close enough to see the whites of it's eyes!

Corey
12-08-2005, 09:01 PM
must've had too much squid and needed a nap.

Arne
12-09-2005, 05:54 AM
Nice job Jose - if I remember correctly, last time I fished around you was on the SCI trip and you landed a big yellow (jackpot) and you also had a huge WSB come up on you. I gotta fish around you more often.

Nicely done.
Arne

PEMEX
12-09-2005, 04:12 PM
That's me. That makes 3 of them so far. I had a HUGE one just about tail slap my bow off of Nicolas Cnyn in Malibu. They keep teasing me!