PDA

View Full Version : Help... Need Hobie scrap plastic for weld!!!

JasonG
03-31-2021, 05:30 PM
Might be a long shot, but I’m Looking for anyone that might be willing to part with some scrap plastic so I can do a weld repair on my Revo. It’s a 2015 in the moss/olive/greenish color. If you happen to have any, please send me a DM.

Thanks!!

JohnMckroidJr
04-01-2021, 12:28 AM
Try Harbor Freight and Tool. Probably not going to find the exact same color. Practice on unwanted trash can lid prior. Good luck.

Saba Slayer
04-01-2021, 06:37 AM
Just call one of the Hobie dealers to see if they have what your looking for
...but not Harbor Freight...LOL...:eek::confused:
Florida...LOL

JohnMckroidJr
04-01-2021, 09:55 PM
Just call one of the Hobie dealers to see if they have what your looking for
...but not Harbor Freight...LOL...:eek::confused:
Florida...LOL

Hey! I just suggested a thrifty viable alternative -- No need to be judgemental.

As for :eek: Florida, LOL I was born, raised and spent what is still the majority of my life in California. Growing up in PVE, I had many arrogant neighbors. Thankfully I did not inherit that trait. Palos Verdes was a beautiful place to live, I do miss walking the dogs with my kids down to Abalone Cove and the Catalina/sunset views from my last RPV home. Florida has Cali beat when it comes to fisheries..... nothing to laugh about there.

JasonG
04-03-2021, 07:40 AM
So I emailed Hobie and they mailed me some plastic welding rod in the color I needed. Got it in two days... great customer service!!

TJones
04-03-2021, 07:56 AM
before and after. :D

Saba Slayer
04-03-2021, 11:23 AM
So I emailed Hobie and they mailed me some plastic welding rod in the color I needed. Got it in two days... great customer service!!

Good Deal...glad you went to Hobie...instead of Harbor Freight...LOL...:eek:

Having Hobie local like it is in So. Cal. makes for some great customer service either directly or through our great line of dealers...

I've been a Regional Hobie Team member for about 7 years now and I've been pretty happy with their boats and customer service...and the top-line way that they have treated our world wide Hobie Fishing Team...:cheers1:...
Not to mention the "Thinking-Outside-Of-The-Box" designers they have there in Oceanside. :notworthy: The PA 360 is really incredible...hopefully someday they'll make that "360 Drive" available in a couple of the other models...:you_rock:

JohnMckroidJr
04-05-2021, 10:10 AM

That's great! Show us a before and after when you finish the project. Good luck.

JasonG
04-06-2021, 04:31 PM
before and after. :D

No before pic, but I’ll post an after. I did burn it a little, but it’s ok for having never done this before.

arcos157
04-10-2021, 11:31 PM
Fastlane has scrap hobie plastic and sell a hobie repair kit.