PDA

View Full Version : WCW 2006 Hoedown, Shindig, etc.

Corey
01-10-2006, 09:20 PM
The WCW 2005 party is finally set. Saturday, January 21 at 4:00pm we wil meet up at the Bay Park Fish Co. in San Diego for beers, sodas, and food (bring your wallets). I will update with the address tomorrow. We will award the jackpot winnings as well as the biggest slam and biggest individual species prizes. That morning Andy and I will be fishing LJ if anyone else wants to come make a full day of it.

If you plan on coming please reply with your intentions so that we may plan accordingly with the restaurant.

Who's my designated driverrrrrrrrrr?

corey

madscientist
01-10-2006, 10:30 PM
I'll be there to hoist a few with the finest fisherman this side of the continent!

katchfish
01-11-2006, 04:26 AM
I'm thirsty, and will be there.

Ken

F'nArne
01-11-2006, 06:30 AM
I'm in!

DaveC
01-11-2006, 07:59 AM
I'll be there.

Dave

Lit-up1
01-11-2006, 08:22 AM
The Bay Park Fish Co. is at
4121 Ashton St.
San Diego, Ca. 92110
619-276-fish
It is just off Morena Blvd. across from
a fire station and KFC.
Corey, sorry I didn't get back to you sooner-
The guy I spoke with is Jerry Adams.
Looks like you got it wired.

Thanks,
DSE

Holy Mackerel
01-11-2006, 08:24 AM
I probably will be there, only 4.40 miles from mi casa! :D And fish LJ that morning too!

Chris

kurt
01-11-2006, 08:46 AM
I'll be there. And you can sleep on my living room floor, right next to my kayak, Corey.

Pat
01-11-2006, 09:45 AM
Sounds great. Count me in for the morning too.

Angler with the biggest yellow caught that day should buy a round of drinks at the shindig.

PlasticSkipper
01-11-2006, 10:11 AM
I'd like to attend, I owe a few beers to the folks that have shared such good fishing stories and info/techniques. I'm a rookie angler but I've been able to leverage off the best fishermen on either side of the continent. Thanks again for giving me a fishing obsession that may cost me my job, wife, family.... :wink:

madscientist
01-11-2006, 11:30 AM
Sounds great. Count me in for the morning too.

Angler with the biggest yellow caught that day should buy a round of drinks at the shindig.

Great idea Pat, particularly since we are entering your time of year. :D

Tell you what, why don't we throw in a side bet ($5, $10, $20?) for the biggest YT that morning, that way the lucky angler can afford to spring for that round. Otherwise I'll be sitting on my BSB spot all morning. :lol:

Holy Mackerel
01-11-2006, 11:50 AM
I am in for a JP up to $20 in the manana! I think we should include all three WCW species, just in case, I get a monster Halibut that morning! :)

MKNOTT
01-12-2006, 08:46 AM
Gonna show my face guys. MKNOTT

lamb
01-18-2006, 01:28 PM
Hack, only seeing Mr. Knott would be enough of a reason to be there this Saturday!!! Mike I hope you’re doing well.

Looking forward for the party.

I’m bringing presents for the top 3. 8)

Jim Sammons LJKF
01-22-2006, 08:04 AM
Good to see everyone last night. The service was a bit slow, but the beer was cold, the food good and the company great.

Iceman
01-22-2006, 08:14 AM
Jim, glad you and your son could make it. I agree, the service was a little slow, but the ceviche was excellent. Great group, seemed to progressively get louder in our corner, must have been the brown pitchers. Ice tea?

Adi thanks for the SCI DVD. The star Arne....I love it when the Orion asks if he needs any bait and he waves them off as he is fully BENDO. CLASSIC!!!

lamb
01-22-2006, 09:38 AM
Great seeing everyone! Yeah, real fish joint that seemed a bit unprepared to have a group of real fisherman… “Sorry, you can’t order another pitcher, we’ve got to have some left for other guests”… :roll: They ended up having enough - food was tasty, company was great - good times!

Once again I bow down to winners; I congratulate everyone that played WCW last year!

I’m glad to hear you liked SCI video (and that the DVD worked!!! :D ). I’m sorry it’s not as great as it could have been. It is 16 mins all together, half of that Arne fighting his 1st yeller. Yeah, "DO YOU NEED BAIT" scene is funny. I didn’t do any editing – that was all that I recorded. I missed the best part where all those tails were being brought back. I didn’t even know you guys did that well at the very end, I was playing backgammon in the galley. Next time we do it, I’ll be much more diligent about recording the whole trip.

I had 10 DVDs that I gave out last night. If you were on the trip and would like to have it, drop me a PM and I’ll send it your way.

Holy Mackerel
01-22-2006, 10:33 PM
Lots of fun, great people, food, and brown pitchers. Cool DVD Adi, thanks, I want to make the next trip now!

http://sdkayakfishing.com/talltails/albums/album04/WCW_awards_008.jpg

PlasticSkipper
01-23-2006, 06:19 AM
Sorry I missed it Saturday, my son's basketball team won and then wanted to go celebrate at Baskin Robbins. I was eating ice cream wishing I was having a beer with the bad ass fishing crew. Dave

F'nArne
01-23-2006, 01:35 PM
Very good time - I didn't venture over to the "main table" for fear of the brown pitchers and the drive home. Good to meet some folks for the first time, put faces to names, and swap some good fish stories.

Any place that has Calico Amber on tap serves great food. Thanks for setting it up Corey and a great idea Dave.

steamroll
01-23-2006, 02:04 PM
That ceviche was excellent. I noticed that they have Fat Tire Amber Ale behind the bar as well, great brew. It was good to put some names to faces. I walked up to Arne and asked him if he was Mad Scientist. His face looked like this :shock: . I laughed and told him I was just kidding. :lol: