PDA

View Full Version : La Jolla 1/13

DaveC
01-13-2006, 10:53 AM
Short story, dead. Not much bird life, no bait popping, no boils, no bites. Launched around 6:20 or so into pretty good fog. Not much swell at all. Fog moved in and out all morning, and a breeze came up out of the southwest to keep things chilly. Back at the launch by 10:00. Still nice to get on the water.

Dave

Ryan The Sealion
01-13-2006, 11:29 AM
sounds like me, i've been picking the wrong days to go lately...

Dennis
01-13-2006, 11:45 AM
Thanks for the report. I was going to head up to fish, but the little one got sick.
Ryan, you still rollin' tandem style?

aguachico
01-13-2006, 12:37 PM
I was off the water at 8am. I was thinking a late morning bite around 10-11. I'm just gonna go everyday and follow the 'catchers' around :roll:
I did see John 'Quietman' Roe.

Also my GPS died on me while out there, thank god the sun came up or I'd still be lost. Time to pack the compass.

Ryan The Sealion
01-13-2006, 12:53 PM
Thanks for the report. I was going to head up to fish, but the little one got sick.
Ryan, you still rollin' tandem style?

lol...i did a pm thing the other night with my bud.. 2 short hali's was all we could get :( the macks were so thick they were hitting ur sinker on the way down... :roll:

steveooo
01-13-2006, 05:12 PM
I was out there among the fishless also.
But I decided to do somthing about it and made a sacrifice to the fish gods by dropping a $300 rig into the drink :evil: :oops:
I can tell anybody that is crazy enough to SCUBA appx where it is, finders keepers.
LAunch was cake, really foggy in the early a.m.

Spinal Tap
01-13-2006, 06:14 PM
steve,

How deep was it where you drop the rig? I have friends going out tomorrow to freedive, but one of them is part cetacean or something because he gets down deep. If it was open water (no kelp), but it might be as good as gone.

What was the vis. close to the kelp?

thanks,
Nate

steveooo
01-13-2006, 06:34 PM
About 65 feet deep, 12 feet in from the edge of the main kelp bed, appx 1/4 of the way to the NW corner, right next to a blue and white lobster buoy, white part closest to the rope. The funny part is that I had a rod leash on it, not attached to anything on my kayak. Yes, im a genius. The leash was dragging and snagged on some kelp to pull it off the boat :oops:
Like I said, finders keepers, but if u do find it can I have a moment alone with it, just to say goodbye...
:cry: