PDA

View Full Version : San Ignacio

'Cuda
01-23-2006, 05:20 PM
Thought I'd hit the San Ignacio area, Abreojos/La Bocana, on my way back from Mulege in early May. Not much info or pics of the coastline on the web and I'm mainly concerned about launch sites so any info would be great. I'm leaving March 17th straight to Punta Chivato and then working the San Lucas Cove to Bahia San Basilito/Punta Pulpito areas for a couple weeks and returning May 10th so if anyone else is going down and want to hook up for a few sessions let me know.
Thanks guys and good fishin'.

PEMEX
01-23-2006, 05:29 PM
Sounds like you have the Cortez side wired. There was a post a few weeks back from the Pacific side with a detailed report and pics. Find that post and your questions will be answered. Lucky bastard, that's a whole lotta time to spend down there!

CSniper
01-23-2006, 07:52 PM
Abreojos is real nice, lots of big fish and easy launch areas. I never made it to La bocana since the fishing just south of town was so good. There are numerous protected areas to launch a yak from, and the reefs are from 100yds out 2 miles. Lots of huge broomtail grouper and black seabass, as well as 5-10lbs bait sized cabrilla. Inshore there a halibut, corvina, barracuda, yellowtail, and lobster.

aguachico
01-23-2006, 09:38 PM
You can even grab abalone at low tide from the rocks.

Very illegal, not worth the HUGE MORDIDA. If you want abs, ask Chelo, martin or Paco in ojos. Juanchy in La Bocana. Cheap and legal.

CSniper
01-24-2006, 09:50 AM
:?:

Ed
01-25-2006, 12:41 PM
We eat them on the spot, so unless they gut us, no problemo

WTF. A lot of kids read these boards. To publicly promote poaching is just wrong.

Ed

Ed
01-25-2006, 01:06 PM
Thanks for that intellectual PM response C- Sniveller. However, I don't think your suggestion is physically possible. LMFAO

Ed (Kayote)

hyspy
01-25-2006, 01:06 PM
If you poach abalone you may have to, "Say your prayers, Sledgehammer!". Im off to watch Mr. Belvedere - someone has to.

But seriously not cool.

Huntersmoon
01-25-2006, 01:12 PM
We are talking about Mexico, right? :roll:
Here's some advice to the wanna be MF&G..... go down there, have fun, drink their beer, catch their fish, spend your money and mind your own business....they prefer it that way. Even if you follow the rules, you will get hit for a bribe.... down there you are guilty until proven innocent.
Personally, I don't see the appeal in eating a salty piece of rubber anyway, leave the abalone alone. :cry:

hyspy
01-25-2006, 01:22 PM
yeah Mexico is playground for the US. We should be able to do whatever the hell we want down there.