PDA

View Full Version : 4-22-09 PM Report w/pics

Holy Mackerel
04-23-2009, 02:53 PM
Launched 4:30, little to no surf, light wind, glassed off ~8pm. Made macks, trolled hi/low, my hi rig bounced and jumped around the kelp. One spot of speed bait. Landed without fish, and incident. I haven't downloaded my pic of the Hotel yet, I will add later. :)

OK, now that I have your attention, that is a true report, but figured people will not click on MLPA threads.

You can write a written statement that will be officially submitted into the record.

You can drop off your letters to Brent at Pt. Loma OEX... I will pick them up around 4:30pm Monday, and turn them at the Oxnard MLPA meeting....

Showing up, and speaking your views is much better, and I don't want to give an excuse for people to just send a written statement. But I will take what I can get, and this is very helpful.

Some guidelines to your written statements.

Address to the Blue Ribbon Task Force. Please include your contact info, address, phone #.

The state is requesting that only comment directed toward Regional Stake Holder Members is appropriate. I think what is meant by this is that information directed toward the stakeholders can include:
1. Specific locations advice ie, your views on PV, LaJolla, Malibu etc.
2. Issues of water quality
3. Size and spacing of reserves
4. Local knowledge of habitat missed by the SAT at specific locations
5. Your views on the size of some of the proposals, ie External C
6. Your views on favoring a specific array proposal, ie-the FIN/FIC--External A
7. Comments on how specific proposals will affect you
8. Perhaps suggest a go-slow approach with an eye to re-evaluation in 5 years as is required by the plan.
9. Kayak angling low inpact, no emmissions.

Dennis
04-23-2009, 03:01 PM
Damn, where are the pictures? Keep it going Chris! Also, the people who fish Tuesday morning should be banned from the site..:D

dsafety
04-23-2009, 03:16 PM
What if we just tell them that there are no fish in La Jolla? As far as I can tell, based on my recent efforts, this is a true statement. Maybe once they know this, they will take La Jolla off the list.

Bob

Holy Mackerel
04-23-2009, 04:52 PM
as promised, last nights picture... I wish I was holding up a :wsb: or :yt: for you guys, but this is the best I could do!

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g287/cmfierro/fish%20misc/P1010002-1.jpg

Holy Mackerel
04-24-2009, 10:26 AM
3 responses, and 280 views, there better be at least 200 written statements to go on record to the Blue Ribbon Task Force at PL OEX by monday or else!! :boxing: j/k :grouphug:

Slay Rider
04-25-2009, 02:26 AM
1. Write a written statement that will be officially submitted into the record.

2. Drop off your letters to Brent at Pt. Loma OEX...

It's the least we can do.....thank you, Chris, for stepping up.

Zed
04-25-2009, 09:02 AM
That's a beautiful building. Nice catch.

Riskey Water
04-25-2009, 09:58 AM
Cripes I feel like I brought home a D-cup Hottie only to find out she's an A-cup with he bra stuffed with womens lib pamphlets but you are right we need to do all we can to protect our playground from Bullies that don't live in our neighborhood or even know the games we play such as catch and release :reel::jig: fish for fun and feed your friends Riskey Water

Holy Mackerel
04-29-2009, 07:51 AM
Thanks to Eagle Eye, John Pawlak for turning in the ONLY letter to be entered into the record. :you_rock:

I would like to see more letters turned in for the next time. I will post up closer to the date, so you can drop off or mail to OEX.

Remember, if you attend the meeting you can turn still in a letter of your concerns to the MLPA Outreach person, and speak or cede your time.

So, this is not a get out of MLPA meeting card, however, if you truly cannot attend a meeting, because you are sitting next to the red phone waiting for the President to call you for your advice on the DR Congo, then at least submit a letter.

Thanks!

chris