PDA

View Full Version : got toss aroung this morning

newguy01
04-26-2009, 02:41 PM
lunch at about 0500 lunch and took 3 on the chest then all of a sudden i am toss out of my kayak did not know what happen:confused: i have everything tied down but still did some damage, i lost my sun glasses and pair of dikes (wire cutter)
pass the buoy and made bait lots of candy size green back then start trolling around one high and low then occasionally did yoyo for nothing. the only hit i got was when passing the NW corner had a big mack on the low waited to set the hook then its gone.:reeling: :confused:On the way in stow everything inside but the the waves died down alot compare to when i lunch and i still manage to flip the kayak after i jump from to early, back on the beach by 0900 and got stuck on the beach for 2hr, due maraton and i did not bring my wheels. saw jim from La Jolla kayak fishing for the kayak suft lesson. nice to see you Jim again.
to the guy on the tarpoon 140 sorry if i could not remember you name hope you have better luck on me i am the one on the blue trident 15

cobrakid
04-26-2009, 04:26 PM
I was out there too in the grey fish n dive. that story mirrors mine for the most part. took some wash going out but managed to stay on my boat. I got hit in front of the condo and the clicker was screaming, went to set but nothing. Bait looked really nice and weather cleared up beautiful. I should be out again on thursday or friday see you guys out there.

newguy01
04-26-2009, 07:11 PM
another mistery fish to wonder about:confused::confused:

Dennis
04-26-2009, 07:46 PM
had a big mack on the low waited to set the hook then its gone.:reeling: :confused:

What did your bait look like? Or was it gone completely?

newguy01
04-27-2009, 03:05 PM
i hook the mack behind the head

JrBasser
04-27-2009, 07:04 PM
Thats how I hook my macs, makes em swim deeper, doesnt turn and catch, good hook up ratio...

but I think he was trying to help determine the biter. Sounds like a thresher.