PDA

View Full Version : TRIP TO BAHIA ASUNCION,BAJA SUR

Doug MacAllister
05-18-2009, 04:58 PM
WELL I'M BACK FROM BAHIA ASUNCION. I MET UP WITH A FELLOW KAYAKER KEVIN QUICK. HE IS RETIRED IN BAHIA ASUNCION AND HAS A HOBIE. WE LAUNCHED SAT. MORNING, FLAT CALM,NO WAVES, PURE
GLASS. WE PADDLED OUT TO ISLA ASUNCION WHICH IS ABOUT 1 MILE OFF SHORE. WE FISHED WITH SCAMPIS AND SWIM BAIT FOR CALICO BASS. WE BOTH CAUGHT SEVERAL AND PADDLED BACK IN FLAT CALM SEAS.

John MacAllister
05-18-2009, 06:00 PM
Nice work! Bringing the fillets home?
John

Doug MacAllister
05-18-2009, 06:18 PM
Gave the filets to Kevin,I purchased shrimp,scallops for the fish fry in August in Guerrero Negro. What did you think of the marina at La Playitas?
I will be heading back to Bahia Asuncion in June.:reel:

John MacAllister
05-19-2009, 09:40 AM
We didn't make it to the marina this trip. Next month for sure.
John

blowhole
05-20-2009, 07:21 PM
:lobster:It was great to meet you Doug...I love to watch people who have never been here experience this wonderful place for the first time. I will never forget my first half hour here!
WE are so glad you had a good paddle and caught some fish...I'm surprised Kevin showed you his secret spot! There are lots of places to paddle to here. Asuncion Island is only a 20 minute paddle and San Roque Island is awesome as well. We look forward to your return visit Doug.
Love your ride amigo! great photo.

This is my first post to this board and I look forward to checking in regularly. Feel free to ask me any questions about our area.

Doug MacAllister
05-22-2009, 02:05 PM
Shari, great to see you joined the club. Yea, I should be back to Bahia Asuncion on the 19th of June. I would like to go up to El Roque this next
trip. I want to get to the back side of these Islas. Stay well. :reeling::yt:

kq
05-23-2009, 04:05 PM
kevin here. great trip the other day. found the oasis market in g.n. great little place! bought a kilo of mano de leon scallops. thanks for th e tip.

Iceman
05-24-2009, 02:31 PM
bad ass black calicos:sifone: like those rock dwelling fish

John MacAllister
05-28-2009, 08:38 PM
So, you drive the truck/kayak south to Los Barilles. I meet you at Punta Colorada and we hook up with the pangero who captains the Bohemia panga - a nut case in the extreme but favored by the La Jolla Kayak guys and others. We head out and find you a 600# marlin to lash into. Remind we to double the beer ration so I have something to do whilst watching you heading for Mazatlan.

Coming your way for the SD marathon on Saturday. That's Peyton's one-year birthday and there's a whoop dee doo at Manhattan Beach at 11:00 a.m. I may shag my butt over there for a half-hour and head south. I have to go to the Convention Center to pick up my AIDS test (kidding) and t-shirt/tracking tool.

I'll chit-chat with you as I migrate south. I've got this big urge to hit La Paz before it turns into a circus so we need to move quick.

Hasta

A-hole, viejo

Doug MacAllister
05-30-2009, 06:31 AM
Puton, sounds good, when do you want to do this adventure with kayak? I'm game!! :yt: I think a dorado at the shark buoys
would be a good start pry to marlin.