PDA

View Full Version : Somewhere, Sometime this spring out on the water

Fiskadoro
06-01-2009, 12:30 AM
I've been holding this one back for a while but since people are now getting seabass at various locations I figure it's safe enough to post.
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/2697/bigcq.jpg

Jim

'Cuda
06-01-2009, 02:18 AM
Now you've gone and done it...let the cat out of the bag. spilled the beans, busted the dam, let the fat lady sing, squeeled like a greased pig....dropped the skinny, man.
Now the 3 yakkers out there who don't already know where the sweet spot is are going to ruin it for us.
I'm sellin' my yak.

dsafety
06-01-2009, 06:08 AM
Yup, it looks like La Jolla me. Now everyone knows... or do we. Maybe Jim caught that beauty off Point Loma and paddled all the way to LJ for the photo op just to throw us off. Or maybe he did not even catch that fish. He could have asked Josh to let him hold one of his for a few minutes.

Verrry mysterious.

Bob

-scallywag-
06-01-2009, 07:36 AM
WSB's in LJ??? OMGGF!!!

bigbarrels
06-01-2009, 08:23 AM
that thing looks like a hog! In La Jolla? Wow! Looks like I'll have to hit it Wed morning:reel: Nice work!

DESTROYER
06-01-2009, 09:32 AM
Jim- Weight Please:drool5:

Billy V
06-01-2009, 09:58 AM
You gotta watch that Jim Day, He's a slippery character. :)

That Sea Bass was probably caught in New Mexico.
-------------------------------
I'm taking my next fish pic in an empty boat slip at Dana Landing Boat Launch.

Nice one Jim.

Fiskadoro
06-01-2009, 11:14 AM
Jim- Weight Please:drool5:

I'm sworn to secrecy, but I can say that any fish with a head that is bigger then mine is no minnow :D

The Great Blumpkin
06-01-2009, 11:26 AM
Thank you for sharing your photo with us, It looked impressive last Wednesday on Kayaksportfishing.............milk that heifer! :luxhello:

JrBasser
06-01-2009, 12:01 PM
Are you kidding? This sums up the definition of pointless posts. Sworn to secrecy on even the weight? Sorry, but the idea of a reports section is to help out your fellow anglers. If your gonna throw up a picture edited to hide location without intent of sharing ANY information, then don't post. Maybe we should have a brag board for posts like this? But it certainly does not belong in the reports.

It's posts like this that make us all seem like greedy meet hungry savages that the MLPA sees vs. the thrill seeking information sharing community we are.

Fiskadoro
06-01-2009, 12:07 PM
Thank you for sharing your photo with us, It looked impressive last Wednesday on Kayaksportfishing.............milk that heifer! :luxhello:

Thanks for insightful comments as usual Mr Bumpkin!!! :you_rock:

I just held it back longer here because this is more of a La Jolla site, and get's more views. Considering that photo was taken a long time ago, in the larger perspective both sites got it in roughly the same time frame.

Hey if I wanted to milk it I would of posted it the day after it was taken. It would of had a lot more impact then then it'll have now, as it would of made me appear in the know.

Truth is I'm not in the know, in fact if there's a wide open bite at La Jolla right now I apologize, as I'm out of the loop now fishing for similar fish up here as the water warms up.

Jim

Dan
06-01-2009, 12:16 PM
That's a sweet fish, hope to see a pic of the other half of it at the meeting on Thursday!!:reel:

Fiskadoro
06-01-2009, 12:23 PM
It's posts like this that make us all seem like greedy meet hungry savages that the MLPA sees vs. the thrill seeking information sharing community we are.

Nice MLPA angle, yep I'm causing the closures :biggrinjester:

This is the classic damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario. I've posted many detailed fishing reports, and I enjoy posting them but if I post them about seabass it leads to overfishing the bite so I've been holding those reports back.

My take is the point of posting is not to give everyone the latest info or tell them GO FISH RIGHT HERE NOW!!! but instead say Hey: there's quality fish out there, go find them.

To offer encouragement not instructions.

That's what I'd say to you now. There are fish being caught now from the border to point conception in dozens of places. Now is the time, don't waste it, go out and find some fish.

If you don't want to find your own fish, if you want someone to give you babyfood and tell you exactly where to go and when to fish there... Well..... I wish you luck because I think times are changing and most realize you can't post that kind of info on bite without having two hundred lurkers show up the next day.

Just my take though...

Jim

Fiskadoro
06-01-2009, 12:37 PM
That's a sweet fish, hope to see a pic of the other half of it at the meeting on Thursday!!:reel:

If you talking about the LA meeting on June 4th at the
Sheraton Gateway I probably will be at that a meeting, but I'm not going to be bringing any fish pictures. As to the pic Hey what can I say it's not like I shot it. This is what happens when you hand your camera to someone with more experience with rental yaks then fish. Where's Josh (a great fish photographer) when you need him.

Jim

DESTROYER
06-01-2009, 01:00 PM
BLUE BALLS! I didn't ask you where you caught it, what bait, GPS, What # test, just the weight. Give up the weight of that beast. Don't post if you don't want to be questioned. That's the joy of 15 minutes of fame.:)

j mo
06-01-2009, 01:06 PM
agree- detes please!

Fiskadoro
06-01-2009, 01:09 PM
BLUE BALLS! I didn't ask you where you caught it, what bait, GPS, What # test, just the weight. Give up the weight of that beast. Don't post if you don't want to be questioned. That's the joy of 15 minutes of fame.:)

I've had my fifteen minutes it's overrated :biggrinjester:

Smaller then it looks 46 pounds.

Jim

THE DARKHORSE
06-01-2009, 03:10 PM
Nice MLPA angle, yep I'm causing the closures :biggrinjester:

This is the classic damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario. I've posted many detailed fishing reports, and I enjoy posting them but if I post them about seabass it leads to overfishing the bite so I've been holding those reports back.

My take is the point of posting is not to give everyone the latest info or tell them GO FISH RIGHT HERE NOW!!! but instead say Hey: there's quality fish out there, go find them.

To offer encouragement not instructions.

That's what I'd say to you now. There are fish being caught now from the border to point conception in dozens of places. Now is the time, don't waste it, go out and find some fish.

If you don't want to find your own fish, if you want someone to give you babyfood and tell you exactly where to go and when to fish there... Well..... I wish you luck because I think times are changing and most realize you can't post that kind of info on bite without having two hundred lurkers show up the next day.

Just my take though...

Jim

I'm sure this will make a couple more guys start shorting my stock, but :iagree:with every word in this post above.

Especially this: "My take is the point of posting is not to give everyone the latest info or tell them GO FISH RIGHT HERE NOW!!! but instead say Hey: there's quality fish out there, go find them." "There are fish being caught now from the border to point conception in dozens of places. Now is the time, don't waste it, go out and find some fish". My clients from just up north to a couple of hundred miles keep telling me the same thing. "There are tons of big fish in my local kelp right now". For guys up the coast this post should serve as a symbol, save the gas and fish that big patch of kelp in front of your house. Look for the big flashing neon signs (dive flags) :D...#1 be respectful, #2 keep a great long distance until they climb back into the boat or kayak, #3 offer an ice cold micro-brew and don't make it too obvious you're trying to get "priceless information" (how many, how deep , how big?). Just like the internet, they might not tell you crap the first time you offer a beer, let the offer stand and hand over that cold beer anyway. Again, like the internet, don't bash them if they don't feel obligated to tell you a damn thing, be respectful, and more than likely your six dollar investment will pay in spades.

It's been a while since we had a good lynching...to post or not to post wars are so cool :biggrinjester:. "Fantastic displays of infighting instead of bonding the community together during a time when we need it more than ever".

For the same five-haters and your couple of multiple personality second screen-names you've created (brilliant by the way), could you please focus that hate on my posts instead of other members of the site...I can take it, and I will be serving a full 54 lb plate of hater-food later tonight, enjoy!

Oh yeah, I'm stoked for you Jim! And thanks for paddling well away from the spot where we catch those amazing fish and having a tourist rental-kayaker take the photo. The problem is that now we're catching them in that spot too you son of a bi>:the_finger:...thanks for sharing :D.

dos ballenas
06-01-2009, 05:05 PM
Nice fish! What kind is it? Is it good to eat? Where is the boat ramp to access that spot. Can you take me out there. I will buy the beer. Oh ya, why is the red stuff coming out of its ears? Thanks and good luck next time!

DESTROYER
06-01-2009, 07:56 PM
Nice Fish Jim! WTG on that beast!:cheers1: No more BLUE BALLS;)

Tman
06-01-2009, 08:16 PM
Wow...nice read, all of it...:doh:

Nice catch, and nice weight wait...

I'm stoked for anyone that catches a hefty WSB...think that's what they are, I've only seen them in pictures lately...

NOW...for all of you that want to see this trend keep up, support Paul and everyone else for the work they are doing, their time and efforts, and show a little effort yourselves...

You don't go to a gunfight without ammo, we are in a war and you are the ammo...

For those who have, keep it up...:you_rock:

landwhale
06-02-2009, 06:33 AM
Fight the MLPA closures or there will be no more of these pictures of people and fish

Of course there are some posts I won't miss

slayersmith
06-02-2009, 12:18 PM
Nice fish! What kind is it? Is it good to eat? Where is the boat ramp to access that spot. Can you take me out there. I will buy the beer. Oh ya, why is the red stuff coming out of its ears? Thanks and good luck next time!

Oh ya, why is the red stuff coming out of its ears?

That is some funny stuff right there!

Take it easy!

Aaron

P.S. Nice fish!

MalibuJohnny
06-02-2009, 03:21 PM
I am not sure where you place me on your haters list but as I agreed in my last post I will be a bit nicer.;)
<O:p
I guess if one is able to post… on a public forum, one must understand that their perceived greatness might not be as appreciated by the masses. One who also (tries) to make a living as a “fishing guide” must also be aware that your customers might read these same comments…(this goes for artist too) Justifiably so, those (like me) might question your “greatness” when caught “adjusting", your own photos, to create a greater effect.

We don’t hate you (at least I don’t) because I don’t know you…I merely read your posts like every one else dose…and I comment.<O:p
<O:p
It is simply because of these very carefully thought out remarks… I enjoy reading this kind of diatribe
<O:p<O:p
“If you don't want to find your own fish, if you want someone to give you babyfood and tell you exactly where to go and when to fish there... Well..... I wish you luck because I think times are changing and most realize you can't post that kind of info on bite without having two hundred lurkers show up the next day”.

WTF? Well said mate!:cheers1:<O:p></O:p>
<O:p> </O:p>
Have a better day<O:p></O:p>
<O:p> </O:p>
MalibuJohnny<O:p></O:p>

JrBasser
06-02-2009, 06:02 PM
LoL my MLPA approach was more mockery. As much as I love the sport, I'll be the first to admit now is a little late to put forth the effort to save our fishery when we could have been more responsible and avoided it all together.

Nice fish. But still pointless.

Fiskadoro
06-05-2009, 12:37 PM
Fight the MLPA closures or there will be no more of these pictures of people and fish

I agree... In fact you missed a great MLPA meeting Yesterday.

Of course there are some posts I won't miss

You took the words out of my mouth :D

Fiskadoro
06-05-2009, 12:39 PM
As much as I love the sport, I'll be the first to admit now is a little late to put forth the effort to save our fishery when we could have been more responsible and avoided it all together. Nice fish. But still pointless.

Dude... You are just so wrong on so many levels.

Billy V
06-05-2009, 01:14 PM
Lmao....
Thats just great, roll over and show your belly. Just give up and surrender. lol
Nice.

-If they make your feel nice and comfortable will you follow them to the slaughter house ?

-Are they wearing you down, and making you quit ?

-You are entitled to you opinion, but I'm not interested in hearing it.
The rest of us, the majority, will continue the fight regardless.

See you on the water.

wiseguy
06-05-2009, 02:23 PM
Dude... You are just so wrong on so many levels.

He's a "Jr" Basser, what do you expect?:sifone:

JrBasser
06-05-2009, 07:32 PM
Giving up and surrendering? Look I love this sport as much as anybody and would give a nut to save the fishery. But the fact of the matter is the MLPA doesn't really care what you have to say, they don't see the general fisherman you'd find on the board. Where are you more likely to find an MLPA activist, on a kayak next to you, or walking along a pier seeing buckets full of short fish? Nobody's giving up anything. But the fact is that its a fight that should have never started to begin with and could have been avoided by a little more responsibility in the beginning. The best solution isn't shutting down our fisheries, just find a better way to make sure the general rule of marine cxonservation becomes an enforced law. Point is, you aren't the MLPA's target, just one of its unluckiest victims.

That's my MLPA rant at least, the rest of this is just a bunch of boredom BS.