PDA

View Full Version : Parson's landing, Catalina

cajunman
06-08-2009, 09:40 AM
After reading Joe Beck's adventure, I've just about got my wife talked into going over in September. We will be taking my Montauk and bringing the kayaks. Parson's Landing shows that they provide firewood (have a fire as opposed to the other boat in sites) and have picnic tables and chem toilets. Does anyone have info as to the fishing near there and the site in general. i want to get my reservations in soon.
can't wait
rich

Iceman
06-08-2009, 10:53 AM
Rich we fished out front there last summer and got bonito and Cabo John got a YT just east of there. Good spot later in the summer. I wanna go in September!

Unlike Little Harbor, there is no running water, but you get a locker with water and firewood. Would be a fun unload off the ferry and paddle to camp.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d151/Iceman619/IMG_1059.jpg

cajunman
06-08-2009, 02:17 PM
thanks andy, great pic. How did the area look for anchorage of my Montauk? The plan is to set anchor then transport gear via kayaks then take off from there to fish and dive
:)

Norm222
06-08-2009, 02:22 PM
Yeah, those photos were awesome. I was trying to talk my wife into that too. Maybe we can make it a couples kayak fishing trip. I know my wife would feel better if other women were there.