PDA

View Full Version : La Jolla 2/8

DaveC
02-08-2006, 10:52 AM
Not much to report. Launched into ankle snappers, no wind to speak of. Fished out to in front of the hotel and back for nothing. Not much activity out there at all. No working birds, a little bit of bait and thats it. Water temp on my meter was between 57 and 57.5. Water color was a clean green, with some spots with a lot of debris. I was hoping this high pressure and the upcoming moon would kick something off. Didn't happen.

Dave

Ryan The Sealion
02-08-2006, 11:34 AM
yeah I was out there too.. to wind, no current, no feesh :evil: nice day tho.

madscientist
02-08-2006, 11:55 AM
Sorry to hear it was another slow morning. At least it sounds like the water looks better. There was tons of bait out there last night. Feels like LJ is primed and ready, just need the predators to show up. Maybe on the other side of this moon.

twinfin
02-08-2006, 02:53 PM
Did a lunch run 11:45-2....All quiet for me, ended up in the kelp for some calicos and a sandy to ease my pain :D It's a hum-dinger of a day out there---get outside!

Ryan The Sealion
02-08-2006, 04:40 PM
Did a lunch run 11:45-2....All quiet for me, ended up in the kelp for some calicos and a sandy to ease my pain :D It's a hum-dinger of a day out there---get outside!

yeah i'ma start bringin a bassrod w/ spectra and fishin the weeds on the slow days..gettin skunked sux.. u get any decent size cali's..?

twinfin
02-08-2006, 07:16 PM
yeah i'ma start bringin a bassrod w/ spectra and fishin the weeds on the slow days..gettin skunked sux.. u get any decent size cali's..?

Lately, most are in the 3# range with a couple of bigger and smallers here and there.....also looking in between weeds for flat ones on the plastic.

Mr_PeaCH
02-09-2006, 08:31 AM
Twinfin and Ryan,

What's the condition of the kelp in LJ these days? The ones in north county don't seem to have bounced back yet and I like fishing the kelp when I can tie off and pot hole deeper into it w/o drifting and snagging too much.

twinfin
02-09-2006, 09:09 AM
There's plenty to tie off to....i personally like to drift the submerged stringers if the current isn't too strong in order to increase both the area that I'm working, and in hopes of finding that sandy patch with a thick flatty hanging out---I'd take a WSB too :wink: