PDA

View Full Version : need help

fishchaser25
07-05-2009, 09:28 AM
Hay guys I’m headed to a camp sight called Faria beach. I’ve never been there and would greatly appreciate some help. What should I be targeting? Can I catch bait? What kind of bait am I looking for... Deens, Chovey’s, mackerel? What depth should I be fishing? Things to look for? Any help would be nice. I have never fished up that way. I’m planning on launching my kayak from the beach so any help would be nice.
Thanks

T-Rex
07-05-2009, 12:51 PM
I haven't camped at Faria for about 30 years! But I still get up there to fish a few times a year. Great fishing from Pitas Point/Faria north to Arco Island and up to Rincon. Simailar mix of species to LJ - bass, halibut, barracuda, white seabass, T-sharks and possibly salmon. You can either launch at Faria or drive about a mile north to the Mobile Pier Road dirt parking lot and launch there. Good fishing out to the island with lots of rockpiles holding bass and lots of sandy areas for halibut.

Mackerel, chovies and smelt are often plentiful, so bring a sabiki. Last time there I had trouble finding any macks so I'd also bring an assortment of swimbaits for bass and halibut, rapalas to troll for cudas, and a few krocodiles for anything else.

Maybe someone with more local knowledge could give you some more tips on the cudas, C-bass and salmon.

TL
Rex