PDA

View Full Version : 1 hour in Tidelands

ship 4 brains
07-05-2009, 11:01 AM
We spent the night on our boat in the Marriott Marina last night after the fireworks show.

Mom and son were sleeping when daughter woke me up at 5:30. What do I do to keep her quiet while the others sleep? Lets go fish. :)

She didn't want to go on the Yak, so we took the inflatable out with the labrador puppy.

We started our drift off the red 24 bouy with a chartreuse grub. The world's smallest spotty took it as soon as it hit the bottom on the palomar setup. We drifted all the way to the bridge with no other action.

We motored back (I know, motor) and started the drift again. Again, in the same spot, both she and I had 2 much bigger spotties, I am guessing 3 lbs each. One with the palomar again, and one with a ghost shrimp colored plastic on a leadhead.

Again, we drifted all the way to the bridge with no action. The tide was coming in, but the wind was blowing us the opposite way. There was not a lot of water moving, but it was pretty windy for early in the AM.

All in all, not a bad way to spend the early morning. Let mommy sleep, take daughter and puppy out and land in 3 fish in an hour.

T12
07-05-2009, 04:36 PM
fishing with the little ones is priceless!

B Slate
07-05-2009, 09:00 PM
Sounds like you had a lot of fun
catchen big spotties in the big bay
with your daughter:cheers1:

ship 4 brains
07-06-2009, 06:32 AM
Brandon,

She is 7 and loves to fish. She will not keep anything. She wants to say hello and make sure that the fish knows that she does not eat fish. It is hysterical.

If she pulls up a big flattie like yours on the Isander trip, I may have some convincing to do.

Take care

JB

bigbarrels
07-06-2009, 07:32 AM
classic.....sounds like a great time:)