PDA

View Full Version : Looking to upgrade...need guidance prowler/marauder?

Ventura Yak'r
02-16-2006, 08:00 AM
Looking to upgrade from a Malibu Pro2 Tandem to a solo kayak (married the girlfriend, now she doesn't want to fish anymore! :roll:
Will be using the new yak as a fishing platform, launching and landing open beaches, fishing the kelp beds & flats.
I've narrowed down to two yaks - prowler & marauder. Keeping in mind the speed, stability, storage and comfort factors (not a big guy - 5'7" 170#'s). I've been scanning the sites for information... lots of information on the prowler - even tested it out and felt good. But I can't seem to get any input about the marauder. Would like input from paddlers/fisherman rather than the cobra rep.... no one has a marauder in the ventura area to demo- I would appreciate your advice/guidance.

Thanks

Ryan The Sealion
02-16-2006, 12:32 PM
The marauder/mariner is the best stability/speed combo I've ever riden...storage space is also great..it's very light too. Never riden a prowler, so sorry i can't compare the 2..

cabojohn
02-19-2006, 07:47 AM
Every kayak fisherman has a kayak they like and recommend. So here is my $.02 :D
I have /had over a dozen different fishing kayaks til I found the right one(s).
From your description and how you are going to use the kayak I would certainly look at the Prowler13!
It fishes good, paddles great, lots of stability & speed and surfs fantastic.
Its a comfortable well laid out kayak plus the foot wells drain.
I would give the P13 four and three quarters stars out a possible five. :D
Test drive the kayaks your are interested in.
good luck.