PDA

View Full Version : Fish of a lifetime...

THE DARKHORSE
07-15-2009, 11:34 PM
"Three pounds of grey and white matter shape our "reality"---our knowledge, our joys, sorrows and regrets, our imagination, hopes and future plans, our sense of self---and our humanity." We're all wired a little differently, but through the bond of fishing most of us can put our differences aside. For those that can't, wake up and smell the fish! My only hope is that my story will inspire someone to stay those extra few minutes, sometimes that's what makes the difference. Make sure to pack a lunch and bring plenty to drink, load up on sunscreen and remember, the sky's the limit!

I've never seen, oh how shall I say, a more wide array of---styles?---while watching my fellow kayak fishermen. I suppose one's fishing background plays a major role in their daily approach, but I'm often surprised by the variety of styles none the less. I can appreciate the lack of monkey see monkey do mentality and being an only child I can relate. But, when twenty guys are all bendo in one spot in the middle of winter, fishing the bottom with squid, trolling a Rapala might not be the best approach. That said, I really don't know because I've never tried it---might be the hot ticket.

This past Spring I had a guy thirty feet away slapping an 8" slug on the surface for Calico Bass, making plenty of noise for both of us. On a typical day this probably wouldn't have even raised my brow, but how this guy didn't see the schools of fifty pound fish below his kayak, I'll never know. I simply chalked it up to different strokes for different folks and maybe one man's trash is another man's treasure.

I'm sure most guys think I'm nuts when I release twenty pound Halibut or Flounder as I call them, but I don't get the gaff out for any ol' Flounder. A fifteen pound Flounder would be reason to celebrate on the Gulf Coast, a state record indeed, but when you catch your first Halibut over forty pounds, you'll understand. With sore arms from the monster Yellowtail the last few weeks and plenty of White Seabass in the freezer, I set out in pursuit of a new trophy. I've caught a few Halibut over forty in my time and released a number of Flounder this year, but I wanted a monster---a fish of a lifetime.

On this particular day I set out targeting that flat monster, but decided to take advantage of the morning Yellowtail bite. The morning looked promising with a nice current, bait o' plenty and a few hook-ups. Unfortunetly, three Thresher Sharks and a big Black Seabass were on the other end of the line. Mid-day I made that move to a spot where I caught a Flounder last week, where there's one there's more, right? A couple of hours passed without so much as a raked bait and I remembered why I prefer chasing Yellowtail to pounding sand. My mind wandered and patience ran out just as the afternoon current returned. I up and moved right back to the Yellowtail grounds and everything looked perfect: Strong current, bait o' plenty, crashing birds, and quite a few appearances by Flipper and his friends. Everything you could possibly want was in place, but I just had that feeling in my gut, a feeling that apparently wasn't going away. I made that annoying treck right back from where I came---the sandy desert.

http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwegallery/data/500/IMG_3295_1_.JPG
Truth is I questioned that decision with every pedal along the way, but I was reminded on my first bait to always, always, always, follow your gut.

bigbarrels
07-15-2009, 11:45 PM
wow! Sweet fish Josh:)

erinoo
07-16-2009, 03:49 AM
A pig..:eek:

gary sullivan
07-16-2009, 04:22 AM
OMG, hope you have a big freezer. Truly a magnificent fish.

FISHIONADO
07-16-2009, 05:28 AM
Nice one! Hali-toad!

467echo
07-16-2009, 06:03 AM
Nice fatty Josh! Looks like we are starting to give WA some competition down here:sifone:

Holy Mackerel
07-16-2009, 06:15 AM
TOAD! (where's the halibut emoticon when you need it!)

Matt
07-16-2009, 06:45 AM
:cheers1: Nice, nice, nice fish Josh!!! Halibut fishing definitely sucks but way to make it worthwhile!!

wiseguy
07-16-2009, 06:50 AM
Very impressive catch! :eek: Congratz! :cheers1: What was the weight?:confused:

Spyder
07-16-2009, 07:48 AM
That is a BEAST! :eek:

Congrats on that trophy and for sticking with you gut.............

ratdog
07-16-2009, 08:01 AM
Congrats, big time. Very impressive

MalibuJohnny
07-16-2009, 08:04 AM
Nice fish!

Great luck ~!

forefrazier
07-16-2009, 08:17 AM
Un****ing believable! That thing is so big it hides the double chin shot..LOL.

Got any specs on that beast? And I hope you had a big baseball bat on board!

Quilted Germ
07-16-2009, 08:42 AM
Decent fish but I'm more impressed with the collared button down...it's a good look!

bellcon
07-16-2009, 08:57 AM
You ain't fooling no one Mr. Fish of a life time.
Even with the blacked out background it is clear you were in Alaska.
Halibut that size just don't exist down in these waters.
Besides you don't have the patience for that kind of fishing.
So why doctor the photo? (again, yes we all remember the last "photoshoped" pictures)
If you would just shoot straight with us we would'nt hate on you so much.

Nothing wrong with a little Alaskan vacation...
But to imply that beast was caught in So. Cal. please.
And if the freezers full, why kill another fish?

I hope you are ready for the onsalught of negative post... cause they are coming, I just thought I would get the ball rolling.

I for one am sick of your, "once a month" fish killing grandstanding.
We get it, you catch alot of big fish,
We would all catch fish of a "lifetime" if thats all we did was fish one location day in and day out...

Give a rest Mr, Darkhorse, your pursuit of that "trophy" to inflate your ego has gotten old.

Maybe La Jolla should be shut down, hell at this rate in a couple years there wont be a fish left anyway, and kayaking in LJ will be good for excersize and cave touring only...

And why rank on the noisy bass guys? he was disturbing the Ghost you were trying to kill again???, maybe he did see them, maybe he was subconsciuosly sent there by some force stronger than all of us to help save those poor fish from slaughter at the hands of Mr. Killem and Grillem?

Seriously how many fish do you need to bring to gaff?, maybe you could learn something from the Calico "trash man" (what? bass fishing is below you?) I bet he was releasing his his trophies...unlike you, who somehow needs to kill and post, kill and post, kill and post, to fuel your ego into over drive?

We get it Mr. Darkhorse, you have La Jolla dialed in and can kill at will, that doesnt mean you should!

Your a guide right? So after you kill every fish in La Jolla, plus the few "trophys" you let your clients kill, what are you going to do??? turn from fishing guide to tour guide? I can hear you now:

"See over there?, thats where I killed mulitple 65lb WSB back in 2009, Limit was one, but I kept on fishing, and "accidently" hooked another and released it...and over there? I got 4- 40lb+ Yellowtail in one day!, while my client killed 5, and right around here is where I claimed to have caught my Alaskan Halibut... ahh the good old days...boy those guys on B.W.E. sure were stupid, I used to love showing them pictures of dead fish"

You say:
We're all wired a little differently, but through the bond of fishing most of us can put our differences aside.
Wheres this bond you talk about?
Everytime I hear about you it is negative, so please dont patronize the rest of us... We tried to get along with you, tried to set you straight on the simple rules of fishing etiquette , you shunned us, you killed for killing sake and took the sport of kayakfishing and made every outing into a personal "freezer filling" trip.

Like you said:
With sore arms from the monster Yellowtail the last few weeks and plenty of White Seabass in the freezer,
Please define for us what "plenty" means?????
1,000lbs? just how many freezers do you own Mr. Pruitt?
And if your arms are so sore (poor you) maybe you should give fishing a rest...
I know that all of us could use a rest from your grandstanding...

And maybe if you took that rest, you would come to understand the harm you are doing, both to the fishery you call home and to the community you mockingly try to "inspire" with your self serving fish killing "reports"

And you have also said you only post once a month?
well thats a lie, the poor Yellowtail you killed for fun and posted for your own glory was less than two weeks ago... so? what happen to the compromise with the "PB'r Mafia" ?

Maybe you should do us all a favor...
and get back into the loan business... go back to your "monetary prime"
Raping poor gullible people with shady loans... It does alot less harm to the world in the long run than raping the pristine fishing grounds of La Jolla, if we are to believe half of what you say is true, you might as well be dragging a gill net around...

So there you have it Mr. Darkhorse,
My opinon on your latest fishing exploits, give it a rest, do something to help not hurt for a change, go feed some homeless people or something, (empty one of your freezers)

I for one will continue to try and fish La Jolla, while there are still a few fish around, using less Hollocaustic methods than those that you are so fond of and doing all I can do to promote peace among the kayakfishing community, the same community that you take joy in poking with a sharp stick every chance you get.

but I was reminded on my first bait to always, always, always, follow your gut.
Again if half of your stories were true, then your gut is full of WSB and Yellowtail, and now Alaskan Halibut...(Sitka???)
So follow it back to your freezer Mr. Pruitt and give the ocean a chance to recover from your deadly exploits, we have all heard enough and were not buying it.
Frankly we would just as soon see the store close...

Oh and you know who I am Mr. Darkhorse, so if you want this repeated in person, just ask, and I will oblige, I dont hide behind computers like some of the panty ass posters who try and give you shit, and I will never use a false screenname to communicate my message to you or anyone... best thing for you would be to just take my words and deal with them as the truth they are, get over yourself Mr. Trophy, unlike like a "fish of a life time"
you would get hurt trying to reel me in.

Don Bell, "Bellcon"

Did I miss anything?
Or did that just about cover it?

:sifone:
Can I come over for Dinner?
I'd love some good California Halibut
:cheers1::cheers1::cheers1::cheers1:
Congrats my friend:D

Geoffkoop
07-16-2009, 09:01 AM
Wow, heck of a flounder! That fish deserves a popped collar for sure:D

JoeBeck
07-16-2009, 09:15 AM
Great fish great story! :cheers1:

Geoffkoop
07-16-2009, 09:28 AM
Josh,
What did that guy weigh? You have sparked my interest... Current records are:

Average Weight: 6 lbs. - 30 lbs.
Peak Weight: 60 lbs.
IGFA Record: 53.3 lbs.
California Record: 58.9 lbs

THE DARKHORSE
07-16-2009, 09:59 AM
You ain't fooling no one Mr. Fish of a life time.
Even with the blacked out background it is clear you were in Alaska.
Halibut that size just don't exist down in these waters.
Besides you don't have the patience for that kind of fishing.
So why doctor the photo? (again, yes we all remember the last "photoshoped" pictures)
If you would just shoot straight with us we would'nt hate on you so much.

Nothing wrong with a little Alaskan vacation...
But to imply that beast was caught in So. Cal. please.
And if the freezers full, why kill another fish?

I hope you are ready for the onsalught of negative post... cause they are coming, I just thought I would get the ball rolling.

I for one am sick of your, "once a month" fish killing grandstanding.
We get it, you catch alot of big fish,
We would all catch fish of a "lifetime" if thats all we did was fish one location day in and day out...

Give a rest Mr, Darkhorse, your pursuit of that "trophy" to inflate your ego has gotten old.

Maybe La Jolla should be shut down, hell at this rate in a couple years there wont be a fish left anyway, and kayaking in LJ will be good for excersize and cave touring only...

And why rank on the noisy bass guys? he was disturbing the Ghost you were trying to kill again???, maybe he did see them, maybe he was subconsciuosly sent there by some force stronger than all of us to help save those poor fish from slaughter at the hands of Mr. Killem and Grillem?

Seriously how many fish do you need to bring to gaff?, maybe you could learn something from the Calico "trash man" (what? bass fishing is below you?) I bet he was releasing his his trophies...unlike you, who somehow needs to kill and post, kill and post, kill and post, to fuel your ego into over drive?

We get it Mr. Darkhorse, you have La Jolla dialed in and can kill at will, that doesnt mean you should!

Your a guide right? So after you kill every fish in La Jolla, plus the few "trophys" you let your clients kill, what are you going to do??? turn from fishing guide to tour guide? I can hear you now:

"See over there?, thats where I killed mulitple 65lb WSB back in 2009, Limit was one, but I kept on fishing, and "accidently" hooked another and released it...and over there? I got 4- 40lb+ Yellowtail in one day!, while my client killed 5, and right around here is where I claimed to have caught my Alaskan Halibut... ahh the good old days...boy those guys on B.W.E. sure were stupid, I used to love showing them pictures of dead fish"

You say:

Wheres this bond you talk about?
Everytime I hear about you it is negative, so please dont patronize the rest of us... We tried to get along with you, tried to set you straight on the simple rules of fishing etiquette , you shunned us, you killed for killing sake and took the sport of kayakfishing and made every outing into a personal "freezer filling" trip.

Like you said:

Please define for us what "plenty" means?????
1,000lbs? just how many freezers do you own Mr. Pruitt?
And if your arms are so sore (poor you) maybe you should give fishing a rest...
I know that all of us could use a rest from your grandstanding...

And maybe if you took that rest, you would come to understand the harm you are doing, both to the fishery you call home and to the community you mockingly try to "inspire" with your self serving fish killing "reports"

And you have also said you only post once a month?
well thats a lie, the poor Yellowtail you killed for fun and posted for your own glory was less than two weeks ago... so? what happen to the compromise with the "PB'r Mafia" ?

Maybe you should do us all a favor...
and get back into the loan business... go back to your "monetary prime"
Raping poor gullible people with shady loans... It does alot less harm to the world in the long run than raping the pristine fishing grounds of La Jolla, if we are to believe half of what you say is true, you might as well be dragging a gill net around...

So there you have it Mr. Darkhorse,
My opinon on your latest fishing exploits, give it a rest, do something to help not hurt for a change, go feed some homeless people or something, (empty one of your freezers)

I for one will continue to try and fish La Jolla, while there are still a few fish around, using less Hollocaustic methods than those that you are so fond of and doing all I can do to promote peace among the kayakfishing community, the same community that you take joy in poking with a sharp stick every chance you get.

Again if half of your stories were true, then your gut is full of WSB and Yellowtail, and now Alaskan Halibut...(Sitka???)
So follow it back to your freezer Mr. Pruitt and give the ocean a chance to recover from your deadly exploits, we have all heard enough and were not buying it.
Frankly we would just as soon see the store close...

Oh and you know who I am Mr. Darkhorse, so if you want this repeated in person, just ask, and I will oblige, I dont hide behind computers like some of the panty ass posters who try and give you shit, and I will never use a false screenname to communicate my message to you or anyone... best thing for you would be to just take my words and deal with them as the truth they are, get over yourself Mr. Trophy, unlike like a "fish of a life time"
you would get hurt trying to reel me in.

Don Bell, "Bellcon"

Did I miss anything?
Or did that just about cover it?

:sifone:
Can I come over for Dinner?
I'd love some good California Halibut
:cheers1::cheers1::cheers1::cheers1:
Congrats my friend:D

Freakin' hilarious, Don...Post of the month for sure. :luxhello:

I felt like we were in the movie Eight Mile starring Marshal Mathers, on stage, in the heat of a rap-battle. :boxing_smiley:

Unfortunetly, in this case the tables were turned and somehow you were Eminem instead of me. Then you threw me the mic after telling me everything I was going to say. I sat stunned holding my morning coffee, but could imagine the roaring crowd at The Shelter. Just like Papa Doc, speachless, how could this white boy whip my azz in front of the whole Freeworld crew.

In the words of Eminem and the MLPA, "Fu@& the Freeworld!" :D

Oh yeah, for those curious about the specs, this fish measured 53" and is my new personal best Halibut weighing 51 lbs 5 oz, stoked!

linghunter
07-16-2009, 10:10 AM
:luxhello::luxhello::luxhello:

-scallywag-
07-16-2009, 10:54 AM
Dude!!! u just stole johnnymalibu's glory, he's gonna be pissed!!!! i think u got every angle and even one up'ed him with this one....
"get over yourself Mr. Trophy, unlike like a "fish of a life time"
you would get hurt trying to reel me in."

NextBite
07-16-2009, 12:12 PM
your the man! :you_rock:
nice hali!

Gino
07-16-2009, 12:26 PM
That halibut is fat... :sifone:

Nice fish Darkhorse!:you_rock:

Fiskadoro
07-16-2009, 12:40 PM
Toad... way to go Josh!!

Nothing like following your gut and having it pay off!!!

Jim

MalibuJohnny
07-16-2009, 12:49 PM
Man Josh! <O:p</O:p
<O:p</O:p

I thought I was full of you!<O:p</O:p
<O:p
He wins~! :notworthy:<O:p</O:p
Do you have witness to this event? Who were you with? When you caught this amazing butt?<O:p</O:p
Alaska? I wanna go to...can you "hook me up" with the same outfit?<O:p</O:p

Nice fish anyway!<O:p</O:p

How come it is so dark?

Common Scallywiggle! <O:p</O:p

Dude!!! u just stole johnnymalibu's glory, he's gonna be pissed!!!! i think u got every angle and even one up'ed him with this one....
you would get hurt trying to reel me in."<O:p</O:p
Mr. SacllyWag, its malibujohnny <O:p</O:p

Now I have been nice...you have to admit that I have been nice and not tried to point out the negative or untruths...or even the blackened background when its early morning...and I did say in an earlier post; “Holly Molly, nice fish Great luck ~!
Nice fish I have to admit!<O:p</O:p

I will stop now, as promised! I will be nice’r to Mr, Loan Officer / tour guide / fishing guide / local sushi bars best friend (and cheapest fish monger) <O:p</O:p

Grego
07-16-2009, 02:02 PM
Nice butt! bigger than mine!:luxhello: Congrats!

erinoo
07-16-2009, 02:20 PM
Grego...you gtta nice butt:D

TODD NILES
07-16-2009, 02:46 PM
JOSH IS A STAND UP GUY IN MY BOOK YOU GUYS THAT BAG ON HIM CAN GO :the_finger: YOURSELVES YOU BIG PUSSIES

Hypoxic1
07-16-2009, 03:03 PM
Oh my god, between Josh's poetry and Bells flame I almost pissed myself and blew coffee out thru my nose this morning. You two oughta get together and write a best seller.

Spectacular fish Josh, Looking foreward to fishing with you in August

If theres any fish left....

Chris

rastrev
07-16-2009, 03:52 PM
Very nice halibut Josh.

:cheers1:

joyjiggin'
07-16-2009, 04:02 PM
What a "butt!!" Josh, it wasn't too long ago that I was asking Eric if you ever fished for anything but YT and WSB! He wasn't sure...now we know!! Congrats on a beautiful halibut!
(oh, and Don, you had me there!!!):p

Grego
07-16-2009, 04:26 PM
Grego...you gtta nice butt:D

Eric...I thought you liked my YELLOW tail....but I'll take that comment from you any day....LONGhorn :sifone::the_finger:

Pescavore1
07-16-2009, 05:30 PM
That was one fat flattie. That thing looks like she can swallow your head whole. :cheers1:

".... My only hope is that my story will inspire someone to stay those extra few minutes, sometimes that's what makes the difference. Make sure to pack a lunch and bring plenty to drink, load up on sunscreen and remember, the sky's the limit!

Thanks for the tip. As if I don't feel bad for sticking out another couple of hours :eviltongue:, not that I would have caught that fish instead of you.

Your persistence and concentration amazes me. You didn't even mention that you had to put up with hours of headache.

When's dinner? :eating:

erinoo
07-16-2009, 05:58 PM
Hey Greg..."Hook-em Horns"....You know I "love" YellowTail...Just ask Joy:D

fishinkid2010
07-16-2009, 08:34 PM
Nice Barn Door!!! she's huge

wavster
07-16-2009, 08:48 PM
Some things will never change...

Nice fish Josh!

Billy V
07-16-2009, 08:53 PM
That is a superb specimen of Halibut.

Big Congratulations to you.
-----------------------

I hope you continue to raise the bar.

Smokey
07-16-2009, 10:02 PM
Fantastic fish Josh. :you_rock:

Great story. truly an inspiration for the rest of us, or at least most of us.

T-Rex
07-16-2009, 10:04 PM
Holy cr@p thats a big flattie! Congrats!:cheers1:

driftwood
07-16-2009, 10:07 PM
How do you lift a fifty two pound fisty never ending fighting fish without flipping your kayak? :confused:

Kiyo
07-16-2009, 10:10 PM
Damn! Congrats on the fish I was looking for a couple of weeks ago!! Very nice Halibut! !

southboundhound
07-17-2009, 01:40 AM
:notworthy: unfn'reel fish, Josh. :notworthy:
And even on the slow days, the seagulls bring you cuban cigars,
and the dogs wrangle bait balls at your feet... as siren singing
mermaids beer you... in Josh's magic playground,
every trip is sweet.

habanero
07-17-2009, 07:28 AM
I was fishing with Josh that day since the early morning and decided to call it a day about an hour before he hooked up. (My bad) I didn't see any helicopters, Harrier jets, or any other type of craft that could land on water and take him to Alaska. We were at least 1 hour away from the landing so how did he do it? I suppose Josh has a time travel machine? I'm a pixel nerd myself and I can attest to his lack of skills with photo shop. He can't even open the program much less install it. Josh is an idiot when it comes to computers but who cares! The boy knows how to fish! Congratulations Josh!:cheers1:

DOGHOUSE26
07-17-2009, 07:37 AM
Nice fish Josh, I can hardly wait to read the tutorial on how to strap one of those babies on your yak!

T Bone
07-17-2009, 01:19 PM
Josh- Nice fish!!!

Haters(Bellcon and anyone else)- You dont even know the difference between a Pacific Halibut(Alaskan) and California Halibut(Local type).I can understand a little jealousy(I wish I caught it!)but chill out.As for photoshop comments,there was just nothing in the background close enough to get in the shot.

dorado50
07-17-2009, 02:19 PM
Both Josh's and Don's stories make for great reads! Keep it up guys.... largest kayak hali ever?. LJ anyways...

blitzburgh
07-17-2009, 02:24 PM
Holly crap.:adore:

wade
07-17-2009, 02:28 PM
who cant catch halibut that size, with 10# squid washing up!

just kidding...AMAZING!..w2g!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sifone:

Tandem Assassin
07-17-2009, 04:37 PM
Let's see. Sand on the tail and outer left fin - white water in the back ground where his waders and shirt meet on the right side of the picture - same black hat as last few post. Oh yeah, anyone who fishes LJ lately knows Josh has been has been trying a few new areas scouting for clients.

Great fish Josh! I don't know what to target next time we fish? Yellows, WSB, or Barndoors? :biggrinjester:

dsafety
07-17-2009, 07:01 PM
I'm not sure what to make of Mr. Bellcon's derision of Mr. Darkhorse's incredible catch. My first response was that this was just another lame attempt by some guy with fish-envy trying to blow off some steam. But maybe not.

Josh is a pretty smart guy. This thread has drawn more responses in a day than most do during the entire time they are posted. Could this just be a clever ruse, some sort of a collaboration to get all our juices going?

Stranger things have happened.

Whatever the truth is Josh, that is one major fish. Way to go! Your exploits are kind of like a bunch of carrots being dangled in front of all of us lesser fishers. They serve to motivate and help keep our hopes up. Please keep doing what you do.

Bob

jflyfysh
07-17-2009, 07:16 PM
you wear those waders fishng on a kayak??

JOHN K
07-17-2009, 09:15 PM
Josh,

That is one bad A$$ fish:notworthy:. But I can't believe there was no mention of a boat side brawl with that monster. I know you know where to find 'em and how to catch 'em, but bringing that fish in the boat without any bruises is crazy. . . are you the fish whisperer?

Alabama

erinoo
07-18-2009, 06:41 AM
Josh- Nice fish!!!

Haters(Bellcon and anyone else)- You dont even know the difference between a Pacific Halibut(Alaskan) and California Halibut(Local type).I can understand a little jealousy(I wish I caught it!)but chill out.As for photoshop comments,there was just nothing in the background close enough to get in the shot.

Don, (Bellcon) ain't no Hater, Josh actually co-authored it just to get a rise, well done. :luxhello:

DESTROYER
07-18-2009, 09:51 AM
Nice fish Josh! Your going to be trying to beat that one for the rest of your life. Congrats:cheers1:

Moyer

blackcloud9
07-18-2009, 09:02 PM
Nice FIFTY Josh! Congratulations.

THE DARKHORSE
07-19-2009, 12:36 PM
Josh,

That is one bad A$$ fish:notworthy:. But I can't believe there was no mention of a boat side brawl with that monster. I know you know where to find 'em and how to catch 'em, but bringing that fish in the boat without any bruises is crazy. . . are you the fish whisperer?

Alabama

Warning: Sorry about the nipple shot below, but my waders were full of water :D.

More than any other fish, I wish I had the moments from color to final thrashing on video. I know all fish look bigger doing those last few circles below the kayak, but this fish looked ridiculous at color. Imagine sinking a gaff into a cow sized Tuna, but no deckhand behind you following up with a second gaff. Everything was going smoothly, perfect gaff shot in the stomach bought me a few precious seconds to slide not one, but two game-clips through her gills. With the fish secured I put away the gaff and went for the Halibut bat...then all hell broke loose.

From experience I have my game-clips tethered on a short leash when fishing for Halibut. I used to have a 4' rope, but now I use no more than 1' for safety purposes. After having my sonar face knocked off deck like someone kicked a field goal, they really float! Another time a monster jumped across my deck and broke off my bait-tank outflow tube. I'll certainly never forget the pre-game clip days, wrestling a monster on deck and having my gaff go through the neoprene waders into my leg...dangerous fish when they're that size. Some stay calm, but others will sink your battle-ship!

This particular fish came close to sinking my battle-ship, real close. It took everything in me to keep that kayak right side up. I had a firm grasp on the game-clip rope and by the time she quit thrashing my waders were full of water in the chest area. I had a brand new custom wrapped Super Seeker jig-stick with four other rods and reels, none of them leashed. That beautiful new Super Seeker was probably what gave me the energy and focus to weather the storm. When she finally quit, I hit a couple home runs with that bat and let out a scream of joy!

A friend heard my screams of joy and came over to take some photos. I knew she was over forty, but I told Paul she looked short. Paul replied, "are you kidding me"? "She's long". Paul just got back from out of town and sent me one photo, I thought I'd share.

http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwegallery/data/500/P7101949_1_01.JPG
A little blurry, but it's not easy taking pictures with violently thrashing, battle-ship sinking, pissed off giant Halibut.

the dude
07-20-2009, 06:07 AM
Holy crap that thing is huge! ...uh the halibut that is...

Matt
07-20-2009, 07:37 AM
PERVERT!!!! Any excuse to show a nipple you sick, sick man!! I will forgive the faux pas as that thing is a beast!! Thank god you don't wear white t shirts:D

bellcon
07-20-2009, 07:43 AM
http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwegallery/data/500/IMG_3295_1_.JPG

Wow
Worked better than I had hoped...:D

You know those post...
Something like, Flame-Flame-Flame-...Just kidding / Congrats...
I just took it a weeeee-bit further:D

That Halibut blew me away...(still does)
So I wanted a post to blow away the haters...
Kind of cut em off at the pass:D
Some of you fiqured it out, most didn't...

But Josh does get more love than hate
And since I don't want to be the victim of a Darkhorse vigilante
(some scary defenders you have here Josh;))
And to set the record straight
It was a joke, a ruse, a satire, a spoof, a SNL skit, a lampoon, something to show the jealous guy what an idiot he looks like at times

(I nailed the idiot part...:D,some say I am an natural)

Eric got it half right:
Don, (Bellcon) ain't no Hater, Josh actually co-authored it just to get a rise, well done.

I ain't no hater...(life is to short)
but Josh did not! colaborate on my master piece
In fact I even got him for a second or two:D

So as much as I wanted to just let it ride...
I thought I better set the record straight (bummer)
All you crazy fishermen can now put down the pitchforks and torches
Me and Josh cool... really we are... tell em Josh:D

So there you go, loosen the grip those panties have on some of you:D
we now return you to the post about an Epic Fish::eek::eek::eek:

"Thank God you don't have to die to catch the fish of a lifetime"
a great qoute from a friend of mine.

Dan
07-20-2009, 08:51 AM
bloody hell, that's the dogs bollocks! Time for a nosh and a few britney's :cheers1:

shortstack
07-20-2009, 09:58 AM
I like the on the water shot better. You guys need to read the whole post. Some people are just born Idiots! Awsome catch Josh! Congrats!:you_rock:

yakrider
07-20-2009, 08:05 PM
:you_rock: unbelievable!!!

frugalfisher
07-21-2009, 01:09 PM
Gotta love those steaks!! Damn good work Josh. Congratulations!!!!!

James

nabeeko
07-21-2009, 02:19 PM
That thing is crazy big!
You are truly unbelievable...my super hero:notworthy:

Congrats again and again and again...

T Bone
07-23-2009, 06:22 PM
Well Bellcon you got me good,thats for sure.Open mouth insert foot.I apologize for calling you a hater.I didnt know you were joshin'(pun intended).I was just sticking up for someone I have never met but hear nothing but good things about...:D

FISHIONADO
07-23-2009, 08:07 PM
Well Bellcon you got me good,thats for sure.Open mouth insert foot.I apologize for calling you a hater.I didnt know you were joshin'(pun intended).I was just sticking up for someone I have never met but hear nothing but good things about...:D

Some people will believe anything they read....

Barachit Baralah,Elohim-In the beginning,God-Genesis 1:1

Just kidding, peace to all the believers!

Again, holy hali-toad Josh!

habanero
07-25-2009, 11:19 AM
A friend heard my screams of joy and came over to take some photos. I knew she was over forty, but I told Paul she looked short. Paul replied, "are you kidding me"? "She's long". Paul just got back from out of town and sent me one photo, I thought I'd share.

A little blurry, but it's not easy taking pictures with violently thrashing, battle-ship sinking, pissed off giant Halibut.
:icon_bs: Why did it take you so long to post the second photo? You should be apologizing for the bad composite work and not this "Paul" fellow for the blurry camera work. By out of town, do you mean Alaska or is that fish enlarged like your ego and superimposed over a staged pose? Why are you wearing a nice button down shirt while fishing? It is obvious to my trained eye that this is some kind of Hollywood green screen trick. The dark edge along your sleeve show you should have not saved the original staged photo with pre-multiplied Alfa so it would blend better with the old La Jolla background photo. If you put so much time into doctoring a photo, you should at least hire a professional!
:toetap05:

MalibuJohnny
07-27-2009, 10:01 AM
:icon_bs: Why did it take you so long to post the second photo? You should be apologizing for the bad composite work and not this "Paul" fellow for the blurry camera work. By out of town, do you mean Alaska or is that fish enlarged like your ego and superimposed over a staged pose? Why are you wearing a nice button down shirt while fishing? It is obvious to my trained eye that this is some kind of Hollywood green screen trick. The dark edge along your sleeve show you should have not saved the original staged photo with pre-multiplied Alfa so it would blend better with the old La Jolla background photo. If you put so much time into doctoring a photo, you should at least hire a professional!
:toetap05:

If you copy the photo and paste it onto a word document you can see the changes.

First, you paste the photo onto the document.

Second, right click the photo and select edit picture. There you will find the brightness and contrast. Slide the bar to that says brightness to about 5 or 6 then set the contrast bar to about 31-33. Then you will se the edge of the right shoulder, fish tail and hand... there you can see the shadow of the overlay of Josh onto the kayak. the more you move the brightness and contrast buttons the more defined the” paste" will become. I have already done it, but I cannot paste it into the area.<O:p</O:p

Pictures of interest…Photoshop?<O:p</O:p

The morning looked promising with a nice current (still dark?)

Mid-day I made that move to a spot where I caught a Flounder last week (still dark?)

A couple of hours passed without so much as a raked bait (still dark?)
My only hope is that my story will inspire (nope)
Make sure to pack a lunch (yellow tail sammies?)
I can appreciate the lack of monkey see monkey do mentality and being an only child I can relate (what if both monkey’s are only children?)
Maybe one man's trash is another man's treasure. (Calico bass trash?)
Most guys think I'm nuts when I release twenty pound Halibut or Flounder as I call them (full of *#&$ maybe)
<O:p<O:p
With sore arms from the monster Yellowtail the last few weeks and plenty of White Seabass in the freezer (and the rest throughout the sushi restaurants in La Jolla)

I set out in pursuit of a new trophy. I've caught a few Halibut over forty in my time and released a number of Flounder this year, but I wanted a monster---a fish of a lifetime. (Oh here is where the story starts!)
Unfortunately, three Thresher Sharks and a big Black Seabass were on the other end of the line. (This would give any other mortal a boner)
Everything you could possibly want was in place, but I just had that feeling in my gut, a feeling that apparently wasn't going away. I made that annoying treck right back from where I came---the sandy desert. (Maybe guilt for telling another tall tale?)
But I was reminded on my first bait to always, always, always, follow your gut. (Huh?)

Please just admit this one has been doctored!

Pescavore1
07-27-2009, 12:03 PM
OMG. Don’s negative post was made in jest but it looks like MalibuJohnny took it seriously. Don, you just couldn’t leave well enough alone, could you? He fell for your story hook, line and sinker.

Oh wait, MalibuJohnny is just kidding too, right? :rolleyes: I’m not falling for your bait, MJ. I took that photo on the beach in the dark so I know the fish is for real.

Matt
07-27-2009, 12:12 PM
Malibu Johnny

I assure you it's a legit fish.....

I have nothing against ya man, but why not use the ignore button if you don't want to read about Josh or other people you dislike???

In these times of the impending MLPA doom, why try and divide people?
I just don't get what your trying to acheive and I certainly don't have to either, it's your opinion and you are certainly entitled to it and have every right to express your opinion...but why don't you use the PM and talk to him directly? Like my mom always used to say "if you don't have anything nice to say it why say it?" Do everyone a favor in the respect that if you have negative things to say to someone take it to the PM feature and handle it that way.

This is a public forum and you certainly have your right to post however you would like although I think in the general opinion of the board if you have something negative and personal to say to someone you shouldn't do it openly on the forum.

Just my 2 and 1/2 cents on the matter. I have nothing against you Malibu Johnny as you have never said anything mean to me or about me that I am aware of and please don't mistake this a hateful post towards you just merely a suggestion to stop the division of a somewhat fragmented community as it is now anyway. I have no idea if you and Josh have had words before or have some personal battle going on, nor do I want to know it is not my business. I am just personally tired of all the negative things on fishing boards regardless of who put them there. Smile and go fish everybody!!!

OR

Post some fish pics of the ones you have caught and smile and realize that it's just fishing!

dorado50
07-27-2009, 12:26 PM
Oh great Matt, now I have to stop popping the popcorn and put the beer back in the fridge and go back to working in the yard!!!!!!!!!:(

MalibuJohnny
07-27-2009, 01:42 PM
Malibu Johnny

I assure you it's a legit fish.....

I have nothing against ya man, but why not use the ignore button if you don't want to read about Josh or other people you dislike???

In these times of the impending MLPA doom, why try and divide people?
I just don't get what your trying to acheive and I certainly don't have to either, it's your opinion and you are certainly entitled to it and have every right to express your opinion...but why don't you use the PM and talk to him directly? Like my mom always used to say "if you don't have anything nice to say it why say it?" Do everyone a favor in the respect that if you have negative things to say to someone take it to the PM feature and handle it that way.

This is a public forum and you certainly have your right to post however you would like although I think in the general opinion of the board if you have something negative and personal to say to someone you shouldn't do it openly on the forum.

Just my 2 and 1/2 cents on the matter. I have nothing against you Malibu Johnny as you have never said anything mean to me or about me that I am aware of and please don't mistake this a hateful post towards you just merely a suggestion to stop the division of a somewhat fragmented community as it is now anyway. I have no idea if you and Josh have had words before or have some personal battle going on, nor do I want to know it is not my business. I am just personally tired of all the negative things on fishing boards regardless of who put them there. Smile and go fish everybody!!!

OR

Post some fish pics of the ones you have caught and smile and realize that it's just fishing!

Can you prove that photo was not tampered with? (like the others before?) This has nothing to do with the FISH!

Listen...I am not a lurker as most of you think! I dont waste a lot of time waiting for another "ghost" story or how someone can hold his breath for three minutes. I have my share of fish stories and fish pictures...I don't fish for the Threahers, White Seabass, Yellowtail or even want to spend the day dealing with the mass of nuckle heads trying to mount a throphy being lead by someone who post stories that are at most novella's.

The pictures I would post are of no value to most of you anyway. I spend my Kayak time with my kids, and the young family members. We drift the bays and channels hope to get just a fish...a trophy at one pound to these kids. So me posting pictures of kids with barely legal fish, well I don't think it would give any of the Josh minion or underlings the boner they would get otherwise.

As far as the "In these times of the impending MLPA doom, why try and divide people?" :eek: matter goes...The posts on this site are the exact reason why people want to close these areas to fishing. PETA and all those other Human-i-acts will see thess magnificant fish hanging from the grinning silly smiles and react. Just like you would if you saw something that seems to have suffered. I have had my fill of "ghosts" and really big fish, after spending 8 years as deckhand on most of the local boats (and some in San Diego) so it wouldn't bother me one bit not to fish LJ...now don't forget, my letters and emails and cash has gone the same places yours has.

One more thing, I have had the pleasure of standing in a group of fellow Kayak Fisherman while listening to Josh tell another amazing fish story...was'nt empressed then and won't be... Sorry Minion and Underlings.

I love to fish and will continue as long as I live...don't need some one or a group of "ghost hunters" to give me a hand and by no means any jealousy.
Just get that correct.

So make sure your stories are true and the pictures not phony...there are a few other out there who feel the same

Once again I will say I will refrane from my comments, as I have respect for the greater percentage who participate in the fourm. I will only say nice things when I can...:D

I sware! X

dorado50
07-27-2009, 01:59 PM
I (we) been insulted again.....as in 'knucklehead"..."underling".. however your rebuttal contradicts itself:doh:The popcorn is back in the micro....

Tman
07-27-2009, 02:09 PM
Wow....my computer goes down for a couple days and look what I miss...

Pass the popcorn Dave....

-scallywag-
07-27-2009, 03:30 PM
you would get hurt trying to reel me in."

hahahahah.....i guess i was wrong.....i love you johnny, you never dissapoint, your responces are priceless and i respect your $.02. I personally like the way Josh edits out the backgrounds, baits, beers and bongs from his pictures...it keeps me on my toes, plus i respect the fact that this is his lively hood and regularly posting pictures is great form of advertising...you flaming his posts keeps them at the top of the board for weeks on end generating thousands of hits

DENNYh
07-27-2009, 03:58 PM
what...Did someone say bong?

driftwood
07-27-2009, 04:56 PM
let me explain the definition of small penis syndrome M.J.

Definition: This is a term used to describe men who suffer from excessive anxiety about their male organ. These men catch average sized fish. and they are suffering mentally because They are threatened and become jealous of another mans big fish.

This could be part of obsessive thinking, larger psychosis or even dysmporphic disorder! (this could explain why they will use words like, "mortal a boner"

researchers have recommended that the individuals who suffer from small penis syndrome should attend counseling treatment, this should be the first course of action. Medications and surgery should not come into the resolution given the fact that there is perhaps nothing wrong with the the size fish they cach and go home with. The fact is M.J... at the end of the long fishing day, some just go home with bigger bonies!

I write this not to offend you M.J. but, Once you admit to this obsessive-compulsive behavior the sooner you can be helped.

Matt
07-27-2009, 05:19 PM
So much for trying to ask peeps nicely to take a higher road.......:canabis:

On a brightside I am yak fishing in the a.m. and running the skiff out in the p.m. instead of just internet fishing..........

Maybe some of you should try that sometime????

habanero
07-27-2009, 08:30 PM
WOW! :eek: I go away for a day or two and this happen.:pcguru:

I was fishing with Josh that day since the early morning and decided to call it a day about an hour before he hooked up. (My bad) I didn't see any helicopters, Harrier jets, or any other type of craft that could land on water and take him to Alaska. We were at least 1 hour away from the landing so how did he do it? I suppose Josh has a time travel machine? I'm a pixel nerd myself and I can attest to his lack of skills with photo shop. He can't even open the program much less install it. Josh is an idiot when it comes to computers but who cares! The boy knows how to fish! Congratulations Josh!:cheers1:

BTW: Paul and I fish a lot together and we were all fishing that day along with a few others who posted on this thread. Rest assured, this photo is straight out of Paul's camera, and he think photo shop is a place you drop off film.

OK, Lets get back to fishing and helping to keep the crown jewel of kayak fishing open.

Josh and I will be in Santa Monica tomorrow. Anyone else?

habanero
07-27-2009, 08:37 PM
WOW! :eek: I go away for a day or two and this happen.:pcguru:

BTW: Paul and I fish a lot together and we were all fishing that day along with a few others who posted on this thread. Rest assured, this photo is straight out of Paul's camera, and he think photo shop is a place you drop off film.

OK, Lets get back to fishing and helping to keep the crown jewel of kayak fishing open.

Josh and I will be in Santa Monica tomorrow. Anyone else?

dsafety
07-27-2009, 09:09 PM
As far as the "In these times of the impending MLPA doom, why try and divide people?" :eek: matter goes...The posts on this site are the exact reason why people want to close these areas to fishing. PETA and all those other Human-i-acts will see thess magnificent fish hanging from the grinning silly smiles and react. Just like you would if you saw something that seems to have suffered. I have had my fill of "ghosts" and really big fish, after spending 8 years as deckhand on most of the local boats (and some in San Diego) so it wouldn't bother me one bit not to fish LJ

I just don't get it. Isn't the whole object of going fishing to catch a big fish? If one is lucky enough to catch a big one, it seems reasonable that a "grinning silly smile" might be appropriate.

Speaking strictly for myself, I have definitely NOT yet had my fill of "ghosts and really big fish". In fact, I am still waiting for my first ghost.

This has become a very entertaining, and somewhat disturbing post.

Bob

MalibuJohnny
07-28-2009, 07:41 AM
I think what is disturbing is the heard mentality that most of you have fallen into.

If you have read my posting...its all about the photos being tampered with...and lying about it. No personal attack, no jelousy, or envy from me. I stand for the open mike, and am will to speak as well or if not better than faking a photo.

When you post on a public forum, people read your information and can respond, kindly or with the truth of what one believes.

Go get your "ghost" and get "your fill of monsters" but be truthful and honest.

Now go catch something!

John :D

bender0240
07-28-2009, 07:42 AM
Hey i wanna pipe in with my two cents(not cool enough for ".02" yet:(. I'll get there, I just know it)

It's not an Alaskan Halibut. For one thing josh is wearing a dress shirt and lite waders and is soaked. Now i'm no "meteor" "ologist" but Alaska's water temp, even in summer is in the low 50's. Too cold for that gear.

The photo's not doctored. Flash photography in lower light, on a moving subject, with a slower shutter speed can make all sorts or weird things happen, including a drop shadow on objects that shouldn't have one.

Occum's Razor comes to mind. "the simplest explanation is best". He's just better than you. Get over it. Someone has to be the best and it's not you, or me for that matter.

MalibuJohnny
07-28-2009, 07:52 AM
Hey i wanna pipe in with my two cents(not cool enough for ".02" yet:(. I'll get there, I just know it)

It's not an Alaskan Halibut. For one thing josh is wearing a dress shirt and lite waders and is soaked. Now i'm no "meteor" "ologist" but Alaska's water temp, even in summer is in the low 50's. Too cold for that gear.

The photo's not doctored. Flash photography in lower light, on a moving subject, with a slower shutter speed can make all sorts or weird things happen, including a drop shadow on objects that shouldn't have one.

Occum's Razor comes to mind. "the simplest explanation is best". He's just better than you. Get over it. Someone has to be the best and it's not you, or me for that matter.

In addtion too...Mr Ockham...

To quote Isaac Newton (http://www.bigwatersedge.com/wiki/Isaac_Newton): "We are to admit no more causes of natural things than such as are both true and sufficient to explain their appearances. Therefore, to the same natural effects we must, so far as possible, assign the same causes.

Big fish small fish they are all the same. Better than me? well I can admit that. But which is really better. struggling to make a living or struggling to speak the truth.

Think about it

John

kareem korn
07-28-2009, 08:03 AM
Just another case of a good consistant fisherman getting slammed. Seen it many times on this and other web forums. It's a double edge blade. I would'nt be suprised if he didn't post anymore. It's a shame. :rolleyes:

By the way, that's an awsome fish.

nabeeko
07-28-2009, 08:22 AM
MalibuJohnny,

Well...
I have alot of time this morning and wanted to post my say...

This has nothing to do with Josh and his "worshippers".
In fact, just maybe, he might be viewed as a "fisherman", a good one at that, and may be not as a "god".

heard mentality
:rolleyes:

photos being tampered with
to what extent? changing backgrounds to cover up his "spot" has nothing to do with the actual fish he's caught.

Google Search "slow sync flash" and you'll understand how that picture looks the way it does.

truthful and honest.
I really don't see anything dishonest or untruthful about his posts.

Am I a "follower" of Josh? No.
I'm just a person that knows him as a "good fisherman" and feels that he has alot to share with me and the fishing community.

We're just here to have fun and escape from the stress of everyday life, no? Why make enemies? Let's just move on and catch some fish, or at least try to... :leaving:

Aren't we all brothas from other mothas!

chefchatten
07-28-2009, 08:26 AM
One or more of us has been with Josh when he has landed 99.9% of the fish he posts...if anything is photo shopped it's only because the original pic had the back ground showing. I for one would do the same...your just grabbing at straws here.

You should try trolling Lj for a fish and give this board a break!

I think what is disturbing is the heard mentality that most of you have fallen into.

If you have read my posting...its all about the photos being tampered with...and lying about it. No personal attack, no jelousy, or envy from me. I stand for the open mike, and am will to speak as well or if not better than faking a photo.

When you post on a public forum, people read your information and can respond, kindly or with the truth of what one believes.

Now go catch something!

THE DARKHORSE
07-28-2009, 11:35 AM

Now go catch something!

Oh, it's one of the same haters that spend an incredible amount of their time, time away from their families, time away from work, time away from being productive...time away from relaxing on the ocean. For what? To try and prove I don't catch a lot of big fish, good luck with that! I'll be the first to say I'm not that special, plenty of guys know how to fish. I simply share a small portion of what I catch to inspire guys to shut up and fish...works for many, but some are a little hard headed, know any? Some guys find a strange satisfaction in trying to create a riot with no motive, maybe the goal is to keep others from cathing big fish? Is that what you're afraid of, my clients are going to catch big fish? No matter how many perfectly normal posts you flame my clients are still going to catch fish, big fish!

Unlike you, we're not fishing on the computer! I've thought long and hard what could possibly be JohnyMaliboob's motive. This whole idea that you're saving the world from someone lying about a big fish? Especially since you live a couple of hours away, are never on the scene to disprove any caught fish, and obviously know nothing about photography, or photoshop for that matter.

I'll be the first to admit I know nothing about photoshop, or computers. "For the record, I've never photoshopped a fish or the background for that matter." For one I don't know how, secondly I would never do such a thing. The extent of my photoshop skills is the red-eye feature. When that doesn't work I've learned to just put a dot of color over the eye. The idea of putting a different background on a photo is way beyond my ability and as I mentioned before has never been done on any of my photos, not one, ever. I do put a great deal of effort in making sure the background can't be triangulated, though. My posts are meant to inspire people to fish, not show them exactly where I'm catching them...you know, protect the resource.

The great controversy from the post (ghost hunting) when I made one of my first attempts at the paintbrush feature, the simple one on everyone's computer. It's pretty simple really, the photo of the giant White Seabass was going to be used in a fishing seminar for Fred Haul. I didn't like the messy look of the crap on my cooler behind me or the sponge on deck by my rod holder. So I put a crude matching color over those objects, easy to see really, but it didn't look like a yard sale on my deck and put my mind at ease. Wow, what a terrible thing to do, painting over a sponge on deck, how can I live with myself? Anyone who knows me will tell you I also wear button down dry-cleaned shirts while fishing and my house is always spotless too, what a crime! It's tough being neat and tidy even while fishing, but it's something I've learned to live with.

At least I don't look at raw images, with zero adjustments, just a picture of a big fish, and scream photoshop out of my own jelousy. It is what it is JohnyMaliboob, it's obvious to the masses when you spend countless hours writing ridiculous flames about someone you don't know. Don't try and act like you know anything about me, you don't. It's obvious by the things you say, false accusations, slanderous comments about me selling fish. It's all completely ridiculous, unwarranted, more importantly without cause. You and I know I've never done anything to you, I've never sent you a nasty p.m. or approached you in person. Yet, you still spend countless hours away from your family, work, being productive, and relaxing time on the water to write complete lies about someone you don't know.

The old saying "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree" worries me most with you JohnnyMaliboob...I'm sure you're a great parent when you're not spending countless hours spreading lies on the internet.

Tman
07-28-2009, 11:48 AM
Ouch...that's gonna leave a mark...:D

ericko
07-28-2009, 12:33 PM
Im glad you spoke up josh, I dont no you but you entertain me with your stories and i hope to read more in the future....I find no reason to bag on you or anyone else fishing is like playing cards (poker) witch i do to much some hands are a real and others are bluffs nobody got hurt even if its me getting bluffed out of the hand....This is all just for fun i can buy fish from the market if i really wanted fish,

dorado50
07-28-2009, 12:38 PM
No need to defend yourself Josh, the truth is self evident! I think this guy wants all people and fish to be equal. His posts really confuse me. But really, my new goals are to catch 40#s and over. Can you help me with that!! Thanks for all you do.........dave

cabojohn
07-28-2009, 12:50 PM
helluva fish...again. :)
congrats.

FISHIONADO
07-28-2009, 12:59 PM
Ok, I know other people have noticed this but don't have the balls to speak up. White lips, black eyes, fish whispering, and the ability to sit in a kayak for 22 hours, the dude is obviously an E.T. Some other planet has sent him here to bring home samples of our tastiest species. E.T. go home!

Is Malibu Johnny for real or just trolling? It's hard to believe that stuff could be real.

Matt
07-28-2009, 01:56 PM
Will someone please just lock this damn thing??? I just want to catch another YT and post it and photoshop in lake murray and then you can all hate on me that would be sick!!:D

467echo
07-28-2009, 02:55 PM
Will someone please just lock this damn thing??? I just want to catch another YT and post it and photoshop in lake murray and then you can all hate on me that would be sick!!:D

too funny Matt!:biggrinjester: Too bad I can't fish or use photoshop:linesnap:

yakker420
07-28-2009, 06:54 PM
Most excellent fish, We're not Worthy!

Matt
07-29-2009, 05:50 AM
Hey here's an even more novel idea.......instead of "hating" or "supporting" Josh....why doesn't everyone go to the MLPA meeting August 3rd to help keep LJ open?!? You can meet Josh in person...and hit him up for secrets of fishing! Or sit there and give him dirty looks and scowl!:biggrinjester:

Guys and girls a 100 jihadist enviro's showed up to the meeting yesterday, August 3rd in Carlsbad is our time to shine!! I would love to see everyone on this thread there!!!!!!

If you want to catch fish like Josh's or any of the other succesful anglers on this board it is incredibly important to show up!!!

http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/showthread.php?t=5656

MEETING SCHEDULE
August 3, 9:30 a.m., Holiday Inn
August 4, 8:00 a.m., Hilton Garden Inn

MEETING LOCATION
Holiday Inn
850 Palomar Airport Road
Carlsbad, CA 92008
760-438-7880
www.carlsbadhi.com (http://www.carlsbadhi.com/)

Hilton Garden Inn
6450 Carlsbad Blvd.
Carlsbad, CA 92011
760-476-0800
Hilton Garden Inn, Carlsbad Beach (http://www.hiltoncarlsbad.com/)

The agenda will be posted about 10 days before the meeting, it will tell when public comment will be taken on August 3rd. There will be no public comment on the second day. The most effective comments to this group are those about important areas/geographies to you (and why). In addition comments about overall number and size of MPA areas are good for this group.

Day 2 are workshops, you are welcome to attend and move from room to room as long as you do it politely and are not disruptive. You have to remain quiet in the rooms, no comments, hand signals, or heavy sighs are allowed. This does allow you to see the inner workings of how the maps are drawn and some of the discussions that occur. Be prepared to see/hear things you may not be comfortable with and still remain quiet and polite....
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________

The negativity on this thread is silly so let's turn it around and do something useful with it!!! Support your right to get a fish of a lifetime!!!

lambadmin
07-29-2009, 05:59 AM
right on Matt.

Beautiful fish Josh, big time congrats.

...nuff BS on this thread,
...nuff of free entertainment. :)

lock it up time...